Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 08:54 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
A great example is the drug laws.

The reason they were created was due to fears of minorities and what they could do, that would impact white women and white jobs. creating laws was a legal way police could target them.

Basically, its using the system to justify racism. that cannot be tolerated in the modern world!

Im doing my part by increasing awareness about this, its funny, almost NO ONE believes drug laws have anything to do with racism, until they read about it, Govt and police have been been lucky so many people are not aware of the roots of these laws!

1) don't do drugs.

2) if you do, keep it quiet and don't flaunt it.

3) Definitely don't deal drugs.

If you can follow these simple rules, the chances of your getting busted with drugs go WAY down......

No matter what color you are..

Why would blacks have a harder time with this than anyone else?

Unless you're saying black people do drugs much more than other people and are incapable of keeping it on the sly?

Last edited by FatBob96; 06-14-2020 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 08:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
1) don't do drugs.

If you can follow these simple rules, the chances of your getting busted with drugs go WAY down......

Unless you're saying black people do drugs much more than other people and are incapable of keeping it on the sky?
The poster is saying that black people doing drugs are much more likely to be arrested that white people doing drugs.

That, my friend, is systemic racism.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:59 AM

35,551 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The Democratic party aren't all white people, and it's parents and members of those communities that raise young black people to be racists who are enslaved to an ideology and political party.

That's really who you need to be blaming.
Do you know that MOST people do NOT give politics a thought until election time,,, they are NOT immersed with what Dems say or not-- they hear the POTUS and his mess, and keep up on local polices and changes that affect them. My dad was political, and I, for many other reasons, keep my eyes on politics, but neither my sis or bro or anyone else I know, even want to discuss politics. They are busy with others things. So get off with the DEM taught ideology.
I can tell you from experience, we pulled two grands from a christian school, because they were being indoctrinated to be republicans. We were shocked at what these 2/4th graders came home with this political garbage, we contacted the public school, and the next qtr, they were OUT of there. Making robots!

Old 06-14-2020, 09:00 AM

50,173 posts, read 63,623,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, but isn't black dysfunction caused by centuries of oppression by whites?
You know what? If I were black, I’d thank God my ancestors wound up in this country, so I have the opportunities America offers, instead of living in a hut in Africa.

No black person alive was a slave, and no white person alive enslaved anyone.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:01 AM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You know what? If I were black, I’d thank God my ancestors wound up in this country, so I have the opportunities America offers, instead of living in a hut in Africa.

^^^^This. Yet the Media and Democrats sell the Black community a Victim Hood and Entitlement mentality.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:03 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,572,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
1) don't do drugs.

Unless you're saying black people do drugs much more than other people and are incapable of keeping it on the sky?

White people do more drugs than black people. But are targeted a whole lot less. Asians are also known to consume a significant amount of drugs, but their communities are not over policed.

Part of the drug laws being racist is because they're not particularly balanced. The black people don't bring the drugs over here. And who do you think is selling to the whites and asians? Why isn't there a witch hunt as most college campuses? Certainly a lot of drug and drug dealing going on there.

24,327 posts, read 17,065,160 times
Systematic Racism is a chapter in the Democrat political playbook that is dusted off and presented when the big elections roll around.

They tell the mob that they are being oppressed by some evil racist fat cat Republican Capitalists that plan and scheme every day to keep the Black folk down. All it takes is for one black guy to fight the Police forcing them to resort to deadly means and the media whips them all into a frenzy. Ok what happened to Floyd looks to be murder but in most cases the "suspect" resists and fights leaving the cops no choice but to up their use of force. Some call it Police brutality but I call it stupid because it is a fight that seldom ends well for the criminal.

Systematic Racism is a term the Democrats use to describe and make excuses for a people that can't seem to get out of their own way. Without systematic racism we wouldn't have the bodies piling up in Chicago on a weekly basis...

The chapter on Systematic Racism in the Democrat playbook is followed by the chapter on White Privilege.

17,702 posts, read 13,559,539 times
IMO the black community has brought a lot of this on themselves, but "systemic racism" can still exist relative to the entire equation. We are basically only a half a century away since we even began to really address issues. We have made some mistakes and have introduced some controversial policies such as Affirmative Action.

That being said probably the main thing that suggests "systemic racism" is the insistence that everything is fine now and to deny that there are still issues.

As somebody who basically lived in an all white town and watched police racially profile in person, I have some sympathy for those who claim that it exists. But it CANNOT be an excuse for bad behavior forever.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:04 AM

18,335 posts, read 8,162,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
^^^^This. Yet the Media and Democrats sell the Black community a Victim Hood and Entitlement mentality.
and democrat mayors and governors tell the police to stand down...they have a right to riot and destroy property

...why not...there's no punishment for it....just the opposite...it's encouraged

Old 06-14-2020, 09:05 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,572,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

But there are still plenty of black people alive who were part of jim crow. The funny thing is that Africa is currently an emerging market. I would imagine in the next 20 or 30 years it will be strive in the world market. Africans aren't in civil wars killing each other anymore. And much of West Africa is pretty peaceful currenfly

Last edited by branh0913; 06-14-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies