Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 11:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times

Advertisements

Fine with me if he wants to hold a rally but I do agree with the waiver aspects: "At your OWN risk" and hopefully the high risk population will have the sense not to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 12:55 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I told you the differcence
Covid doesn't know the difference..

Old 06-15-2020, 03:19 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I guess Virgina is ahead of a lot of us. Illinois is still largely shut down.
Depends on what part of Virginia. In my neck of the woods, only about 25% of stores were open in the mall when I went on Saturday.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I still am waiting for someone to explain to me why I couldn’t go to my brother’s funeral since it was limited to 10 people but thousands of people who didn’t even know him could go to George Floyd’s.
Similarly, I would like someone to explain to me why “the Jewish community” was harshly condemned for gathering in a large group for a funeral but nobody had a problem when hundreds of people sat shoulder-to-shoulder for THREE different memorial services at THREE different locations for George Floyd.

P.S. I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. May he RIP.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:31 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Feinstein was re-elected to a 6 year term at the age of 85. There are 40 million people in California, she must be the best they got.
It's not the best we have but we are stuck in a state that is basically communist. Our state government tried to enact a gas tax without voter approval and it of course was done in the name of public safety. Some Southern California demtard got recalled over it and then the state decided to "let the people vote on it" except they switched up the wording of the measure so that no meant yes and yes meant no to the gas tax. They know how stupid the public is and they want it that way so they got a bunch of idiots from public sector unions, including police, to say how if it wasn't approved there would be so much danger to society because bridges would be collapsing and sinkholes would be taking in fire trucks trying to go save grandma.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Trump wants rallies for his own gratification. It has nothing to do with our country. These protests are about injustices in our country. And it's having an impact. I hope it keeps up.
So it’s OK to protest en masse, based on a false premise that cops are killing unarmed blacks in abandon, even if it means spreading the virus and then returning home to spread it further among their communities, have it kick back up again, with who knows how many more dead as a result?

Old 06-15-2020, 03:42 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Tulsa Health Department director 'wishes' Trump rally would be postponed as local COVID cases surge

New COVID-19 cases in Tulsa County have spiked to their highest levels since the pandemic began, and health department director Bruce Dart says it's not safe for the president or the public to be in a large crowd right now.

I don't think you know what spiked means. My county has approx 1.5 million people and there's been 63 "covid deaths" so at best 10% of those people died from nothing but covid. So 6 people out of 1.5 million. I got an email from my local newspaper saying that covid cases have spiked since re opening. According to them there has been 37 total confirmed positive cases and probably 2-3 deaths at most since things started re opening a few weeks ago. It's apparent this entire thing is a sham.

Old 06-15-2020, 04:03 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
People are already opening businesses. Even malls are open. Trump is holding his rally. What are you talking about?

Old 06-15-2020, 06:40 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Tell me why Trump can’t hold a rally, why people still can’t open businesses, when you have this many people protesting

They can't. They might try, but they can't give a good reason for this.

It is because Trump people for more or less obey the law and holding a rally up until now in many states has been "verboten"... Business owners follow the law/mandates and if they don't they will be visited by the Police and given a ticket and forced to pay a fine. In my state of MA. restaurant owners feared losing their liquor license if they violated any of the Governor mandated rules. Bars and Pubs are still not allowed to open.

But protesters? Heck our elected stand back and give them room to rampage while telling the Police to stand down.

They fear the mob more than they fear the voters, because the mob will come for your head if you cross them while the voters are fickle and will probably forget how their Rights were stomped on by the time the election comes around.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:47 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times
Quote:
We are talking about Trump having rallies again. He's against social distancing and masks for his supporters who attend. Do you agree with that.
Lol. He's against neither. Show me where he said either, or both.

He is for people making their own decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies