Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 05:37 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-w...icer-shot-dead

Likely not as he was killed by criminals. He was off duty no less, and trying to help in a hit and run situation. His good deed did not go unpunished.

R.I.P. officer Keen. Your life mattered more than criminal lives.

Why are men like this not the darlings of "the movement" instead of the criminal scum, why just why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 05:45 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
The same reason its a bigger deal when a Priest rapes a boy than it is when a pedophile does it.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The same reason its a bigger deal when a Priest rapes a boy than it is when a pedophile does it.
Not being sarcastic, I truly do not understand your logic?

Old 06-15-2020, 05:48 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Wow.

Is this more of the identity politics of the left? Only certain murders matter for protesting?

(P.S. logically if a Priest rapes a boy that would make him a pedophile.)

Old 06-15-2020, 05:51 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-w...icer-shot-dead

Likely not as he was killed by criminals. He was off duty no less, and trying to help in a hit and run situation. His good deed did not go unpunished.

R.I.P. officer Keen. Your life mattered more than criminal lives.

Why are men like this not the darlings of "the movement" instead of the criminal scum, why just why.
The criminals would have killed this guy regardless of his color. Thread fail.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The criminals would have killed this guy regardless of his color. Thread fail.
That actually makes sense and I am SURE they would have. Criminals of whatever race do what they do and I warrant do not GAF about their victims' race(s), which is supported by the black on black crime stats; it's not like black criminals go out of their way to target white folks nor the opposite; criminals target whomever will benefit them/easy targets etc, they are a selfish, uncaring lot.

Still. If BLM is all about black men being killed and how black people's lives matter (too), then it stands to reason ALL Black lives should matter too, to them, no?

Old 06-15-2020, 05:57 AM

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times
The rioters are Marxist anarchists. Dead wildlife officers don't help the anarchists achieve their cause of promoting chaos and communism. Hoping to defeat Trump in the coming election is why their liberal media allies don't cover these deaths.

I think you may have already known this answer.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:58 AM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
The left doesn't care about this death because they can't figure out how to use this tragedy to get free TVs and Nike shoes.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:59 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
That actually makes sense and I am SURE they would have.

Still. If BLM is all about black men being killed and how black people's lives matter (too), then it stands to reason ALL Black lives should matter too, to them, no?
BLM is not about caring about the lives of black men. It is a Democrat fundraising arm, funded by George Soros, and put under the guise of APPEARING to care about black lives, since it positions it as being above criticism since to do so earns one the name of racist.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:01 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
That actually makes sense and I am SURE they would have.

It certainly does, but BLM isn't interested in black lives. They are now a major power player with all the corruption and obfuscation that entails. In my experience, these movements are honest for a very short while after the event that sparks them. Right after George Floyd was killed, people had a nearly unanimous revulsion for what happened and wanted justice and reform. About a day later, the power grabs, agenda-peddlers, and grifters moved in to co-opt people's good intentions and good faith and advance their own agendas or personal gain. Al Sharpton's arrival on the scene is usually an indicator.

The same thing happened with the "Me Too" and the "Occupy Wall Street" movement. Both movements had a brief period of honesty where a very real wrong was highlighted. Then...all that momentum is hijacked for nefarious purposes that have little to do anything good. Me Too became just another way of mob rule. Occupy became a front for far left extremist ideologies. Decent people with good intentions always have to be on the lookout for that kind of thing--we are all being used in these 'movements.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies