Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 02:32 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,683,804 times

Advertisements

If you ever watched First 48 Hours, you may have noticed that the detectives and police solve very few crimes with “evidence.” They DO grill suspects who either confess or let slip enough information to end up on a cross.

A very smart defense attorney once told me, “If you are ever stopped by police for anything at all, from DUI to jaywalking, there are only four words you need to utter to any and all questions directed to you. ‘I don’t answer questions.’ If the officer asks “Why not?” Make the same reply. Obey any orders they give you and be respectfully silent, but under no circumstances say anything but those four words. In a lot of situations they won’t even be able to conduct any investigation as you haven’t screwed up by saying something they can construe as potentially criminal and giving them reason to search your person, vehicle, or home.

“I can get just about anyone out of any charge whatsoever as long as they never answer a single question.”

What he pointed out is that police in general and prosecutors in particular are trained primarily in how to twist a suspect’s words. And most are damn good at it. Dumb civilians are unable to see what is happening. Never ask why you are being detained. Never proclaim your innocence even if you are. And never ever answer any questions.

Police aren’t that good at investigating. They are trained to get you to compromise yourself with your response. Traffic cop stops and asks, “Do you know how fast you were going?” Response is “I don’t answer questions.” He says, “Are you trying to be a smartass.” Reply “I don’t answer questions.”

That defense attorney said court cases would decrease by more than 50% if people simply didn’t answer questions. The cops won’t like it—mostly because their busts go down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 08:39 AM

8,091 posts, read 3,417,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
If you ever watched First 48 Hours, you may have noticed that the detectives and police solve very few crimes with “evidence.” They DO grill suspects who either confess or let slip enough information to end up on a cross.

A very smart defense attorney once told me, “If you are ever stopped by police for anything at all, from DUI to jaywalking, there are only four words you need to utter to any and all questions directed to you. ‘I don’t answer questions.’ If the officer asks “Why not?” Make the same reply. Obey any orders they give you and be respectfully silent, but under no circumstances say anything but those four words. In a lot of situations they won’t even be able to conduct any investigation as you haven’t screwed up by saying something they can construe as potentially criminal and giving them reason to search your person, vehicle, or home.

“I can get just about anyone out of any charge whatsoever as long as they never answer a single question.”

What he pointed out is that police in general and prosecutors in particular are trained primarily in how to twist a suspect’s words. And most are damn good at it. Dumb civilians are unable to see what is happening. Never ask why you are being detained. Never proclaim your innocence even if you are. And never ever answer any questions.

Police aren’t that good at investigating. They are trained to get you to compromise yourself with your response. Traffic cop stops and asks, “Do you know how fast you were going?” Response is “I don’t answer questions.” He says, “Are you trying to be a smartass.” Reply “I don’t answer questions.”

That defense attorney said court cases would decrease by more than 50% if people simply didn’t answer questions. The cops won’t like it—mostly because their busts go down.
A lot of innocent people end up in legal trouble because the cops will twist what they say until it's totally different from what they say or they think they can convince cops of their innocence and just go home. Cops don't care if you are innocent or not. They just care about making a bust. The best thing you can do is say you want to consult your attorney and keep quiet. Don't even talk to others in the lock-up.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:59 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,870,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Castille did none of those things. You're right - you should NOT be making excuses for the public execution of Philando Castille.
This was a very upsetting case; yet the cops got off in the end, totally should NOT have gotten away with it, nor the Daniel Shaver case and no BLM outrage. WHY does BLM only like thugs?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:08 AM

33,862 posts, read 16,906,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Unfortunately, it is the good cops that are most likely quitting.
That's a great thing. Inner city violent crime will soar. I'm a firm believer in sticking a puppies nose in it when they mess up the floor. The rioters are the dumb puppies. Let their cities pay the price of their ignorance.

A nice decade long period of soaring inner city crime rates will wake America up to want Law & Order back.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:55 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
The people who have dedicated their lives to our safety are being villainized while predator thugs are being made into heroes.

It’s like the worst parts of the Bible, what was good has become bad and what was bad is now good.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/at-leas...-floyds-death/
Same thing happened after the Ferguson fiasco.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:57 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
How do you know the people leaving are good people and heroes?

I've had relatively few encounters with law enforcement in my life- traffic accidents, reporting a stolen wallet- but the majority of cops I've met have been patronizing or nasty. One in particular scared me so badly when he pulled me over for driving into the wrong toll lane that I filed a report. He screamed so loud he was spitting, asking me if I thought I was too important to wait in line. I just kept my eyes down and answered yes sir, no sir to his rant. I can only imagine how he would behave if faced with a challenge of any kind. I filed an initial report but decided not to move forward with it out of fear of retaliation by the force. Even when I reported my wallet stolen and I was the victim, the guy was a real jerk. He insisted that I didn't live in the town I have lived in for years. Dude, I know who I make my tax check out to twice a year.

There are a lot of people who become cops because they have an axe to grind and they're on a power trip and a lot of "good" cops enable their behavior. This has to be acknowledged before we can move forward in this country.
" but the majority of cops I've met have been patronizing or nasty" Been stopped MANY times by both black and white officers and NEVER encountered what you did. Maybe it was YOU and YOUR attitude.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:58 AM

4,630 posts, read 1,930,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
That's a great thing. Inner city violent crime will soar. I'm a firm believer in sticking a puppies nose in it when they mess up the floor. The rioters are the dumb puppies. Let their cities pay the price of their ignorance.

A nice decade long period of soaring inner city crime rates will wake America up to want Law & Order back.
I don't think most of America gives a hoot about the inner city crime. And why should they when it always appears that the people who live their don't seem too care either. Of course this isn't necessarily true as I'm sure many who live their do but from outside it looks like they only get mad if a cop does something wrong.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:04 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,713,784 times
GOOD! Texas welcomes them with open arms.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:33 PM

6,952 posts, read 4,419,226 times
My son told me that when he was younger and driving a junky car he got stopped more than once. Excuse was you look like someone we are looking for and he’s white.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:53 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
The killing with impunity when cops leave will be more blacks killing blacks. Just look to Baltimore for the blueprint.
you have no idea what impunity means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies