Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 07:23 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchDoctor808 View Post
Are we supposed to be sad?
Who will kneel on the neck of a cuffed man until he dies if all the cops quit?

I pay taxes. That's part of the package.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 07:31 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,531,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
The people who have dedicated their lives to our safety are being villainized while predator thugs are being made into heroes.

It’s like the worst parts of the Bible, what was good has become bad and what was bad is now good.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/at-leas...-floyds-death/

French poet and essayist Charles Baudelaire said,
“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist”

Old 06-15-2020, 07:50 AM

5,973 posts, read 2,214,423 times
Quote:
The people who have dedicated their lives to our safety are being villainized while predator thugs are being made into heroes.

It’s like the worst parts of the Bible, what was good has become bad and what was bad is now good.

Two things:
1) The police officer in the murder video picked George Floyd not protestors, not the "police" as a whole
2) 7 officers quit, out of approx. 800 sworn officers in that city

I think the community will be ok

Old 06-15-2020, 07:51 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,895,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
How do you know the people leaving are good people and heroes?

I've had relatively few encounters with law enforcement in my life- traffic accidents, reporting a stolen wallet- but the majority of cops I've met have been patronizing or nasty. One in particular scared me so badly when he pulled me over for driving into the wrong toll lane that I filed a report. He screamed so loud he was spitting, asking me if I thought I was too important to wait in line. I just kept my eyes down and answered yes sir, no sir to his rant. I can only imagine how he would behave if faced with a challenge of any kind. I filed an initial report but decided not to move forward with it out of fear of retaliation by the force. Even when I reported my wallet stolen and I was the victim, the guy was a real jerk. He insisted that I didn't live in the town I have lived in for years. Dude, I know who I make my tax check out to twice a year.

There are a lot of people who become cops because they have an axe to grind and they're on a power trip and a lot of "good" cops enable their behavior. This has to be acknowledged before we can move forward in this country.
I've been around for far too many years and had many run ins with police in my younger days. I don't recall ever encountering a bad one. Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir and it's all over with.
As far as many becoming cops because they have an axe to grind is all in your mind. Police go through an extreme pre hire testing, back ground, psychological testing, field testing. A few might occasional get through but it's rare. Your bias is showing..

Old 06-15-2020, 07:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,932,524 times
Quote:

That sounds like a good thing. If you can't abide by the new demands on police you should get out.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:56 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,895,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Two things:
1) The police officer in the murder video picked George Floyd not protestors, not the "police" as a whole

Seven quit... so far, but many more just aren't showing up for work. The supervisors have no idea who will show up and who won't, makes scheduling very difficult.
I believe most of the good, sensible people who know police are mostly good hope Minneapolis pays a price for the ignorance they are displaying.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:02 AM

16,964 posts, read 12,536,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Two things:

Long run, proably more. As they find a cushy suburban job over continuing in Ilhan Omar Minneapolis.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:09 AM

9,895 posts, read 9,538,790 times
I don't blame them. I'd say F the people who I break my neck for and they just hate me.

now there is talk about changing policies so that they'll be able to be sued by perps.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:15 AM

17,702 posts, read 13,565,089 times
I hope these protesters realize that with all these cops quitting... they will no longer be safe when they go get donuts.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:29 AM

2,400 posts, read 751,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That sounds like a good thing. If you can't abide by the new demands on police you should get out.
Have you seen the rules these looney tunes lefties are putting in place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies