Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 01:51 PM

628 posts, read 210,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
CBS news getting caught stoking the fires of racism, antagonizing their readers?

I'm shocked, I tell you.

There's a ****load of white people speaking out. CBS has long been pseudo-journalism pushing the boundaries of activism.

Journalism is dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 01:52 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,087,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
An example of one unarmed man unjustly killed by the police. Now you know:
And yet no looting, no burning down buildings, no media circus, no gold plated caskets with former vice-presidents in attendance. Did Barbra Streisand send his family blue chip stocks, did Kanye West set up a college savings plan for anyone in his family, have Universities offered anyone in his family a full ride scholarship?

Police violence is an issue against Americans. It is not a racial issue only affecting blacks.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:57 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,414,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm Black and I've mostly avoided posting anything myself. I understand that no matter what I post, it's going to end with a fight. I don't want to attract those who are pro-riot, and those who might have frustrations with the Black population, but won't voice it on their timeline. One thing I have done is commented and talked with individuals that I personally agree with. I'm not interested in any debate, because it will just end with a bad argument. I'm already stressed out enough.

I have notice, among White people that I know, how different the reactions are. Many White females that I know, liberal or somewhat conservative, have posted things on facebook regarding racism, and not being silent. Basically, it's "we're against what happened to Floyd" to other posts expressing empathy for Blacks. One thing I do notice is this. Among those I haven't heard a peep from about this, it's mostly been White conservatives. I sometimes wonder why. I wonder if the silence has something to do with not wanting to say how one really feels. Or if this doesn't register with them.

i am a white conservative. ive remained somewhat quite in terms of actual posts ive made. but thats not out of keeping with my normal posting. I dont post political stuff at all. my actual real friends run the political gamut. not interested in seeing a rational debate devolve.

I do have some active friends who are liberal or conservatives and i have shared views in threads they have started.

I did put up a black out post in Facebook on blackout Tuesday. I am genuinely in solidarity with all those that see the Floyd murder as murder and i absolutely agree that racism is a very real thing and something we all need to recognize as our problem. This is not a "black peoples problem".

but. and here is the tricky thing. talking on facebook means facing some scrutiny that most people dont want. As forums go, social media is uncontrollable and something meant sincerely can get twisted into something sinister then you are fighting for your job. nobody wants that.

There are conversations that are taking place but honestly those arent two way streets. a lot of the people i talk to arent going to sit there and listen even when they know there is truth in what is being said because it is just part of the discussion and a holistic discussion wont be tolerated.

i dont think its all silence because they dont have a problem with racism or they dont think thats a thing. i do think its way more complicated than that.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:07 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,532,295 times
I completely disagree with the organization #BlackLivesMatter so would not ever post that. It was started by Marxists, believes in defunding police, getting rid of prisons and reparations. I believe in none of that and could never support an organization that had protests yelling out "What do we want?Dead cops! When do we want it?now!" Or " Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon". And I will not spread the myth that cops are targeting black people. And I won't support an organization that claims black lives matter, but is silent about the thousands of black people killed by other black people in cities, and silent when a black cop is killed.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:13 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nobody is justifying it. The bad cop was arrested, jailed and will be prosecuted in court. Case closed.

What more do you want? White people and I suspect a majority of Black people understand this. This is about leftist/MSM hatred of Trump. And it's backfiring on them spectacularly. I've never seen a group of people so hard at working against themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
Exactly! I have not heard of a single person that has justified this in any way, including the police dept he worked for. His own WIFE divorced him right after it happened.
There was a poster or two that made some half hearted attempts at justifying it, I forget the screen names.

I do agree with the idea of what more can be done overall. They were fired and they are facing charges. We'll see what happens in court I guess.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:39 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,123,456 times
Go ahead and judge me Black people, I could give 2 craps.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:53 PM

73,115 posts, read 62,755,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Go ahead and judge me Black people, I could give 2 craps.
Fine then. You already judge Black people by their very worst. I know from prior posts by you.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:07 PM

26,576 posts, read 15,140,924 times
Quote:
I'm Black and I've mostly avoided posting anything myself. I understand that no matter what I post, it's going to end with a fight. I don't want to attract those who are pro-riot, and those who might have frustrations with the Black population, but won't voice it on their timeline. One thing I have done is commented and talked with individuals that I personally agree with. I'm not interested in any debate, because it will just end with a bad argument. I'm already stressed out enough.

I have notice, among White people that I know, how different the reactions are. Many White females that I know, liberal or somewhat conservative, have posted things on facebook regarding racism, and not being silent. Basically, it's "we're against what happened to Floyd" to other posts expressing empathy for Blacks. One thing I do notice is this. Among those I haven't heard a peep from about this, it's mostly been White conservatives. I sometimes wonder why. I wonder if the silence has something to do with not wanting to say how one really feels. Or if this doesn't register with them.

I don't post on social media. This message board and on 2 blogs.

However, please consider that generally speaking, more and more liberals are intolerant. Many conservatives are afraid of losing jobs, friends, etc if they post contrary opinions.

For a fact, people have been investigated, put on probation, or even fired for criticizing violent protests.

I haven't heard a single conservative accept what happened to Floyd as acceptable. I have heard conservatives fear reprisals for thought crimes by the liberal mob.

Liberals talk about tolerance and diversity, but that more and more doesn't extend to thoughts and speech.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:25 PM

4,523 posts, read 1,875,763 times
Quote:

We are silent because we condemn the BLM terrorists and the democrat looters and rioters they attract.

Floyd was a criminal and a parasite to society. The cop was a jackass and deserves to be thrown in jail but that doesn’t give democrats a license to go crazy.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:29 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,317,016 times
What the guy above me said.

Don't resist arrest and commit crimes and you wont get the same level of hassle from the pigs. There are good and bad apples in every profession. You will never get every person on earth to not have a prejudice...also why can blacks be racist but I can't and have to feel guilty. Take responsibility for your own actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies