Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 01:01 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“There’s not a white person out there who would want to be treated like even a successful black person in this country. And if we don’t address the why of that treatment, the how is just window dressing,” the former Comedy Central host said. “The policing is an issue, but it’s the least of it. We use the police as surrogates to quarantine these racial and economic inequalities so that we don’t have to deal with them.”
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-two-americas/

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 01:04 PM

116 posts, read 143,724 times
I would love to be treated like Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan/ any rich black person... Not worrying about mortgage, finding a better job, a few hundred bucks extra I need to pay for a plane ticket...

Old 06-15-2020, 01:09 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Agreed for one reason. I have never had a racist person ask me if I was a good person or not before hurling racist crap at me.

I got called the N word and a no good piece of tar baby trash while wearing my lab coat and seeing patients in Polk County Fl. Successful or not you cannot escape the baggage that comes with skin color in America.

Also your considered a “thug” until proven otherwise because again people don’t make judgement on “you” as a person, it’s the skin color, that’s it.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:12 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioana View Post
I would love to be treated like Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan/ any rich black person... Not worrying about mortgage, finding a better job, a few hundred bucks extra I need to pay for a plane ticket...
Until the police or some racist nut does not recognize you. Money won’t save you from driving while black, ask Chris Rock. it improves your chances of getting pulled over in all honesty. Especially if your under 40 with a German or Italian car.

Real question is would you rather be a wealthy white person or a wealthy black person, take the money out of it make it square and call it.

Which one?

Old 06-15-2020, 01:15 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I think ol Jon may be projecting a bit here. Typical Hollywood lefty virtual signaling drivel.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:15 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Agreed for one reason. I have never had a racist person ask me if I was a good person or not before hurling racist crap at me.

I got called the N word and a no good piece of tar baby trash while wearing my lab coat and seeing patients in Polk County Fl. Successful or not you cannot escape the baggage that comes with skin color in America.

Also your considered a “thug” until proven otherwise because again people don’t make judgement on “you” as a person, it’s the skin color, that’s it.
So sorry you go through that...I definitely agree w/ Mr Stewart...of course he's right pretty much all the time on his takes.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:24 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
..John Stewart???..you mean John Stuart Leibowitz...

Old 06-15-2020, 02:44 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Does anyone really want to be a minority? I used to feel uncomfortable going into Jamaican restaurants when I was the only white guy there. I got used to it after a while. But now I'm going to be uncomfortable again.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times
I, as a person of color, admit that life would be easier for me if I was born white. However, I think the riots and left wing politics are the POC worst enemy right now and have the potential to BACKFIRE BIG TIME when it comes to election time and future policies.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:57 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I, as a person of color, admit that life would be easier for me if I was born white. However, I think the riots and left wing politics are the POC worst enemy right now and have the potential to BACKFIRE BIG TIME when it comes to election time and future policies.
I think the Dems are putting too much emphasis on race overall. I think we need to come together as a nation and have pride in America and stop with all of the racial quibbling.

Just my humble opinion of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies