Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 01:11 AM

866 posts, read 319,521 times

Advertisements

Probably stopped for distribution of bad comedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 01:51 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Lol, that's what I'd call an own goal for the "movement".

Cops did their job and acted on information available to them, no knee on neck(it was clearly across his upper back in the video), treated him respectfully, asked how he would prefer to be seated etc, and let him go and apologised once his identity was confirmed.

Hopefully at least members of the community will see this and learn how to behave if they find themselves in the same situation.

Unfortunately it is just more race baiting from the left. That he labelled this as racist is plainly absurd. That he released it now to capitalise on the moment is absurd. But it will probably be good for his career.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:55 AM

Quote:
I don't see why the initial encounter with guns drawn was necessary,
What was the crime that was committed by the suspect they were looking for? It will probably tell you why you are wrong about this.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Arresting the wrong person should never happen.
How would that be possible?

Old 06-16-2020, 01:59 AM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Maybe you can call up Daniel Shavers's mom and gaslight her too. I couldn't even make it a minute into the video.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/u...o-arizona.html
Would never make National news as it was a white man that was assassinated by a Mesa cop. Similar case with Ryan Whitaker in Awhatukee two weeks ago. Only Black lives lost make National news

Old 06-16-2020, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They treated him like he was their suspect until they confirmed he was not.

What we are missing is the information the officers had that led to the conclusion that he was their suspect. From their behavior I would infer that there was concern that the person they were seeking was known to be armed. The handcuffs were a means to reduce the risk to their safety until they could confirm that he was not armed and not their suspect.

He was not detained solely because he was exercising while black.
You are 100% correct of course. They know it, but are determined to be offended.

This is a highly cynical exercise by the "star". Producing this video with a dishonest opening photo to capitalise on the situation to boost his profile. That photo is egregious. It is fake. The cops should sue this clown for defamation.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:46 AM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Would never make National news as it was a white man that was assassinated by a Mesa cop. Similar case with Ryan Whitaker in Awhatukee two weeks ago. Only Black lives lost make National news
It is never a good idea to step through the door pointing a gun when officers respond to a domestic violence complaint at your home.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:06 AM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
They could have just asked him who he was, no reason for guns raised and to treat him like that.
Arresting the wrong person should never happen.

Medical malpractice should never happen. Innocent people stuck in jail should never happen. Structural failures that result in death should never happen. Fatal car crashes should never happen.
Must I go on?

We are all human beings, capable of mistakes, having bad days, etc.
No profession is perfect, nor are the actions of people on a daily basis.

I had a female cop draw her weapon on me years ago and I did not like the feeling.
Her justification to her superior (when I reported her) was that she felt intimidated by my size, as if that was some type of legitimate excuse.
The fact she was physically inferior, and would have been incapable of defending herself against me, is not my fault.
Instead it is the fault of the department for lowering the height/weight standards and the physical requirements to be a cop to begin with.
[But how often does our liberal media ever do investigations on the number of people injured or killed because of the lowering of standards in the emergency response services]
The point being that she might have shot me for no legit reason ( even by accident ), because she never should have drawn down on me in the first place (simple traffic stop and no aggression on my part).

She was not racist (we both are white), but she is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. If she winds up shooting a minority, I am sure the leftist press will try to make it racial, but she is just incapable of doing the job from a physical and mental standpoint.

All that said, far too many minorities think they are being picked on due to racism or some other reason (the so called driving while black fallacy).
In reality it could be something they did to draw the polices attention (like in my case), and then you are dealing with another human being that can and sometimes will make a mistake.

It is not really a hard concept to understand, but those with racial chips on their shoulders, or are mentally warped into thinking everything is race related, will draw the wrong conclusions.

`

Old 06-16-2020, 09:09 AM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Did you watch the video? He didn't do anything wrong.
What video?

You linked a NYT article, and I couldn't see anything without signing up for something. Next time post the video in and of itself.

`

Old 06-16-2020, 09:12 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
The LAPD with bad actions towards people of color? Who knew?

Well I'm sure that Mayor Garcetti (D), will no doubt remove police chief widget and replace with a new police chief widget and declare some new measures so this doesn't happen again (and again and again and again).

Well gosh golly it's too bad despite all the handwringing and kneeling that these mayors etc. still get free passes. They get free passes from politicized members of the NAACP whom get payoffs in the form of jobs etc., the democratic party, sellout activists like Sharpton etc. etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies