Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 07:29 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Fascinating how the coach readily caved, but absolutely expected in this snowflake culture of ours where there is no freedom of speech, but only that which supports leftist and extreme left views.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/oklah...undy-oan-shirt

Quote:
Oklahoma State running back Chuba Hubbard, a Heisman Trophy award candidate, threatened to sit out of all team activities after seeing a picture of head coach Mike Gundy wearing a shirt promoting One America News Network, a right-wing station.

"I will not stand for this.. This is completely insensitive to everything going on in society, and it’s unacceptable,” Hubbard wrote on Twitter. “I will not be doing anything with Oklahoma State until things CHANGE.”

https://twitter.com/Hubbard_RMN/stat...01786449264642

Old 06-15-2020, 07:35 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Hubbard’s teammates soon supported him. Teven Jenkins said he and the entire offensive line backed his comments, while linebacker Amen Ogbongbemiga tweeted “I stand with him!” in response to Hubbard’s tweet.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...llege-football

Well, if Amen Ogbongbemiga is stands with him then he must be in the right.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:36 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Fascinating how the coach readily caved, but absolutely expected in this snowflake culture of ours where there is no freedom of speech, but only that which supports leftist and extreme left views.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/oklah...undy-oan-shirt

https://twitter.com/Hubbard_RMN/stat...01786449264642

If you're coaching a bunch of whiny bitchy "victims" about to be millionaires, you better bow down to them.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:40 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If you're coaching a bunch of whiny bitchy "victims" about to be millionaires, you better bow down to them.
I think your post is a bit uncalled for.

There is a reasonable point of learning to work and talk with people who have opposing views instead of trying to silence them or remove them from their job.

But, if they feel OAN is offensive, they also have their own freewill to tell their coach to change or they won't play for him anymore.

Anyways, what is OAN? Is it racist or very offensive? If so, seems like it would make sense for some players to do this. I've never heard of this before.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm sure the coach DID cave, so his unpaid star "Heisman trophy candidate" athlete would continue to play on his team.

You want Chuba Hubbard's basically free services as a star athlete, for the price of a scholarship, yeah, you need to listen when he threatens to leave.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Anyways, what is OAN? Is it racist or very offensive? If so, seems like it would make sense for some players to do this. I've never heard of this before.
You're better off not knowing what it is, unless you prefer delusion to reality.

OAN makes even Fox News sound intelligent.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:46 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,189 times
Good.
I hope all of these black athletes sit out the whole season.

Maybe give the asian and white players a chance to play, you know, some affirmative action for professional & college sports!

Old 06-15-2020, 08:06 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I think your post is a bit uncalled for.

There is a reasonable point of learning to work and talk with people who have opposing views instead of trying to silence them or remove them from their job.

But, if they feel OAN is offensive, they also have their own freewill to tell their coach to change or they won't play for him anymore.

OAN is Oprah Winfrey network, I have a sneaking suspicion that the big 0 just might have a touch of black in her. Dumb jocks..
Take away his scholarship and give him the opportunity to take the test to qualify for a scholastic scholarship.

As much as I enjoy sports, I'm ready to abolish all college and pro sports, screw em all...!!

Old 06-15-2020, 08:08 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You're better off not knowing what it is, unless you prefer delusion to reality.

So CNN?

Old 06-15-2020, 08:08 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

OAN and FOX, the two best networks, if you want the truth, these are the two to watch. Only dummies and the ill informed watch CNN, ABC, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies