Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is a civil war likely in the US the next 5 years?
Yes 44 36.07%
No 78 63.93%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 07:14 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
40% of [Trump] Voters Think Civil War Likely

That's just an indication of how goofy and out of touch they have become.
We’re not the ones arresting business owners and condoning rioting and looting. That’s your terrible party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 07:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The Trumpsters are the only ones looking for war. The party of hate and separation....

Uhhh... Yeah, you can tell by how many "Trumpsters" are out burning down their own cities every night.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:27 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
War over what?
Christmas

Old 06-16-2020, 07:33 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
We are IN a civil war.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:40 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I agree. The facist right wingers will bring on a war. Not a righteous war. It ill be a war bred on identity., racism and economics.

I don't see any fascist right wingers out rioting in the streets and taking over city blocks.

What I see is a bunch of spoiled brat Left wing loons who think they're starting another civil war because they were offended by the first one.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:11 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The righties are looking for a civil war. A group of them fired on peaceful protesters in New Mexico yesterday. The only way to stop this is to shut down the right wing media echo chamber that is filling their uneducated heads with false information.
(sigh) Those "peaceful protesters" were trying to tear down a statue in front of a museum. The one who was shot was allegedly advancing on the armed counter protester with intent. The shooter was arrested investigation is ongoing.

At any rate those "protesters" weren't "peaceful." Are you late for your spinning class? Meh. Whatever. As to civil war, my definition of that is different than a lot of people's.

Mainly revolving around the word "war." Theres conflict, and then there's war. Conflict we're going to see. We're seeing it. But war is a different matter. War means judicious death and destruction with two sides looking to annihilate each other.

Achieving objectives, taking and holding ground, securing resources, major battles...you know. War. As destructive as riots and unrest can be they ain't war. Neither is putting them down.

So no, I dont see us at war with each other. But there will no doubt be some issues.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:16 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The righties are looking for a civil war. A group of them fired on peaceful protesters in New Mexico yesterday. The only way to stop this is to shut down the right wing media echo chamber that is filling their uneducated heads with false information.
do ‘peaceful protesters’ ALWAYS scream ‘****ing KILL HIM!!’ ?

or just these particular ones?

Old 06-16-2020, 08:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
We are IN a civil war.
This is true ..... BUT, the Leftists aren’t calling it a Civil War.
They call it a Revolution. It’s a feeble attempt to take down the USA and remake it into their Vision of a Marxist Utopia.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:49 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
(sigh) Those "peaceful protesters" were trying to tear down a statue in front of a museum. The one who was shot was allegedly advancing on the armed counter protester with intent. The shooter was arrested investigation is ongoing.

At any rate those "protesters" weren't "peaceful." Are you late for your spinning class? Meh. Whatever. As to civil war, my definition of that is different than a lot of people's.

Mainly revolving around the word "war." Theres conflict, and then there's war. Conflict we're going to see. We're seeing it. But war is a different matter. War means judicious death and destruction with two sides looking to annihilate each other.

Achieving objectives, taking and holding ground, securing resources, major battles...you know. War. As destructive as riots and unrest can be they ain't war. Neither is putting them down.

So no, I dont see us at war with each other. But there will no doubt be some issues.
You know I've been chirping about 4 gen warfare but I'm starting to wonder if it really has advanced beyond that to 5GW???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...fth_generation
"fifth-generation as a vortex of violence, a free-for-all of surprise destruction motivated more by frustration than by any coherent plans for the future. 5GW is what happens when the world’s disaffected direct their desperation at the most obvious symbol of everything they lack.” He quotes Marine Lt Col Stanton Coerr, for Marine Corps Gazette: “5GW is… espoused by [the likes of] al Qaeda… with aspirations of setting up alternative political systems… they’re opportunists, intent only on destruction. But even pointless violence can have a perverse logic, for the sudden, irrational destruction undermines the idea that nations… are viable in the modern world." [4][5]

5GW is anchored in the global Islamic jihad espoused by Al Qaeda, Coerr writes. But that doesn't mean that fifth-gen warriors necessarily are clearly ideological, with aspirations of setting up alternative political systems. They're opportunists, intent only on destruction. But even seemingly pointless violence can have a perverse logic, for the sudden, irrational destruction undermines the idea that nations are viable in the modern world. [6]

Information warfare can accomplish strategic, operational, and tactical objectives, while not doing measurable damage that the target can identify. An important aspect of 5GW may have the target not even know it's under attack, thus the target has already lost that battle.[5]

Old 06-16-2020, 09:05 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You know I've been chirping about 4 gen warfare but I'm starting to wonder if it really has advanced beyond that to 5GW???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...fth_generation
"fifth-generation as a vortex of violence, a free-for-all of surprise destruction motivated more by frustration than by any coherent plans for the future. 5GW is what happens when the world’s disaffected direct their desperation at the most obvious symbol of everything they lack.” He quotes Marine Lt Col Stanton Coerr, for Marine Corps Gazette: “5GW is… espoused by [the likes of] al Qaeda… with aspirations of setting up alternative political systems… they’re opportunists, intent only on destruction. But even pointless violence can have a perverse logic, for the sudden, irrational destruction undermines the idea that nations… are viable in the modern world." [4][5]

5GW is anchored in the global Islamic jihad espoused by Al Qaeda, Coerr writes. But that doesn't mean that fifth-gen warriors necessarily are clearly ideological, with aspirations of setting up alternative political systems. They're opportunists, intent only on destruction. But even seemingly pointless violence can have a perverse logic, for the sudden, irrational destruction undermines the idea that nations are viable in the modern world. [6]

Information warfare can accomplish strategic, operational, and tactical objectives, while not doing measurable damage that the target can identify. An important aspect of 5GW may have the target not even know it's under attack, thus the target has already lost that battle.[5]
Well, that's interesting. I've never seen this. I've always looked at what defines war in a much more simplistic manner. But this does make sense especially in today's world and has me looking closer at the matter.

Things I looked at as being merely tactical in nature and at the most strategic can be the entire war. Hmm. Smell the coffee time. I guess my original doctrines still hold...BUT. There's that word. Lol.

Thanks for that. I'm gonna have to read up on those generational premises some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies