Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 07:22 AM

97 posts, read 42,244 times

Advertisements

Not a Trump fan but he is 100% right on this. The hypocrisy is staggering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 08:40 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Comparing protestors to a rally organized by the president, really.
Fair point, the protesters (not the rioters and looters) were there to support equal rights for all, the POTUS, not so much.

It's really not a good comparison at all.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
Not a Trump fan but he is 100% right on this. The hypocrisy is staggering.
I don't wish harm or illness on anyone, but I will not fail to see the irony if Florida is forced to put limitations (or completely cancel) his Convention-Rally, especially if it turns out that NC is on the mend, and it could have gone on in Charlotte.

He is in no way right. Putting people at risk for his personal gain will cost him. He can do what the rest of the profit-seeking world is doing, and ADAPT! (I love profit, and the underpins of getting it are being flexible and adaptable.)

Old 06-16-2020, 09:01 AM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Trump supporting people.

Simple question: Do you think a rally in its typical format of a lot of people close together without masks is a good idea AT THIS TIME?
And yet they will be handing out masks and individual bottles of sanitizers to all of the rally goers at the doors.

Most likely the majority of those without masks will be those who have had the virus already. Why wear a mask if they can't catch it or spread it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post
The lives his rallies will take are going to cost Trump thousands of votes.
Probably far more Dem lives will be lost due to the protesters, looters and rioters.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:35 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Right...try to deflect..
Deflect what its his childish tweet.....

Old 06-16-2020, 09:38 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I don't wish harm or illness on anyone, but I will not fail to see the irony if Florida is forced to put limitations (or completely cancel) his Convention-Rally, especially if it turns out that NC is on the mend, and it could have gone on in Charlotte.

He is in no way right. Putting people at risk for his personal gain will cost him. He can do what the rest of the profit-seeking world is doing, and ADAPT! (I love profit, and the underpins of getting it are being flexible and adaptable.)
Are you also telling that to your friends who are gathering the thousands to “protest”?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:39 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Fair point, the protesters (not the rioters and looters) were there to support equal rights for all, the POTUS, not so much.

It's really not a good comparison at all.
How is tearing down statues supporting equal rights? How is taking over a precinct in Seattle supporting equal rights?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Trump fans -- oh look protesters don't care about COVID
Trump critics - oh look rally fans don't care about COVID

Old 06-16-2020, 09:43 AM

613 posts, read 814,885 times
Bunkerboy should really stick it to the Fake News Industry, by shaking hands (no gloves, that would be cheating) with everyone that attends one of his rallies. That would show America how The Left is lying about the risk. Make the rallies as large and frequent as possible.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Are you also telling that to your friends who are gathering the thousands to “protest”?
Yes. (Not my friends though, my friends are mostly keeping distanced. I don't know anyone personally who has protested.)

If someone can protest and stay socially distanced and masked, I support them.

If they loot or riot, they are part of the problem, and are diminishing the message of the many people who are trying to effect needed change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies