Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 11:50 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,665,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is the disease. Biden is the medicine. It's gonna be OK.
You can blame ALL of this on Democrats Telling people to stay home for months with all the restrictions but then the riots happen and the Democrats don't say a word. Then after the riots started, they kept quiet again and the (looting, riots and defacing/destroying monuments, buildings, shoe stores, electronic stores, restaurants, big box stores, etc.) grew into a Hideous monster and they still remained silent...

Now Trump wants to have a Rally and all of the sudden (according to Democrats) groups of people together are dangerous. The despicable Democrats have turned their backs on the residents of Heathen Town otherwise known as Chaz. They have completely destroyed a hotel and the Mayor says they are "peaceful"...They have raped and robbed but they are "just having fun in a friendly way" The Dem's need to be voted out NOW!

All of the sudden COVID is back on the news and heavy coverage but when 1,000's of people were sweating, swearing, screaming, destroying and threatening, the Democrats thought this was normal but not a Rally from the President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 11:50 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,396,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Like the fall of Rome. The barbarians are at the gates and we'll go into the dark ages. Mercury in the vaccines must have been the reason just like lead in the drinking vessels of Rome.
Sad part is that many have willingly and enthusiastically opened the gates. A large swath of this country hates this country. They literally despise their own nation.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:52 AM

35,335 posts, read 20,699,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
God is certainly not on the side of racism, and if you read the Bible, you will not find any recognition or promotion of this vile and deceitful concept in it. He is surely not pleased with any evil in the world, including lawless violence against anyone regardless of whether they are "minorities" or not. That sort of presentation that you are offering smacks of racism, by the way.

This is the answer, straight up. Here is the answer in the Psalms from King David himself:
Psalm 18:1-3
I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.
No, we are not done. At least we do not have to be.
No He is not for any violence or hate, matters which side. As true Christians we hold our peace and Let Him fight our battles. But we are to stand for justice, and righteousness. One thing is to stand for what right or another to stand for what is wrong. Treating people with compassion and dignity is way more important than money. I am against all looting, violence or killings, but I cannot see standing up for defenseless children is racists? Knowing that word of the virus and lack of action caused deaths, how is that racist? Be honest... line up with the word or the the politics?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:52 AM

28,920 posts, read 14,260,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It was a heck of a lot worse in the 60s and in 92.

The 1960s......Vietnam war, with millions of Americans sent there, the draft, JFK assassination, MLK assassination, Robert Kennedy assassination, communist revolution in Cuba, the nuclear stand-off with the Soviets, the Bay Of Pigs, hundreds of riots / protests, race relations boiling over, drugs, war in Israel, Soviets occupying countries in Europe, corruption, National Guard gunning down students, Universities closed down, Nixon, the cold war, you name it. The Christian community thought the end had arrived and that the rapture would happen any minute.

But it was not the end. The young hippies and anarchists managed to change the public opinion, and the Vietnam war winded down, and everything else wound down with it. The last dry-heave was Nixon and Watergate in the 1970s, and then things got normal again.

Seattle is not getting rid of police either. The Chaz fools will run of of gas very soon and go home.
We shall see.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:53 AM

51,850 posts, read 52,259,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Sad part is that many have willingly and enthusiastically opened the gates. A large swath of this country hates this country. They literally despise their own nation.
I already mentioned this earlier, but I really think a lot of this lays right at the feet of the colleges and universities. The media plays right along with it too.

Young people constantly being told and lectured about all of the bad stuff our country has done and this is what you get. People that think America is at it's core bad.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:57 AM

24,186 posts, read 9,112,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is the disease. Biden is the medicine. It's gonna be OK.
Democrats have been poorly governing these war zone neighborhoods for centuries, and you think creepy Joe Biden is going to stop the criminal gangs?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Most of them have kids to feed, so they need to keep their jobs. The ability to destroy the career of anyone who speaks out against you is a powerful weapon that is tough to counter.
This, exactly. The tolerant left has finally found a tool to silence dissenting views. Funny thing is though, they don't realize the commonsense, innocuous thing they say today can become the thoughtcrime of tomorrow.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It was a heck of a lot worse in the 60s and in 92.

The 1960s......Vietnam war, with millions of Americans sent there, the draft, JFK assassination, MLK assassination, Robert Kennedy assassination, communist revolution in Cuba, the nuclear stand-off with the Soviets, the Bay Of Pigs, hundreds of riots / protests, race relations boiling over, drugs, war in Israel, Soviets occupying countries in Europe, corruption, National Guard gunning down students, Universities closed down, Nixon, the cold war, you name it. The Christian community thought the end had arrived and that the rapture would happen any minute.

But it was not the end. The young hippies and anarchists managed to change the public opinion, and the Vietnam war winded down, and everything else wound down with it. The last dry-heave was Nixon and Watergate in the 1970s, and then things got normal again.

Seattle is not getting rid of police either. The Chaz fools will run of of gas very soon and go home.
The young hippies and anarchists went on to become the college professors and politicians of today, and their destruction is ongoing. Think of current events as their own Tet Offensive.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:28 PM

11,540 posts, read 5,594,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
opinion of one
Why are you so snarky lately?

Old 06-16-2020, 12:33 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,973,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
i agree with this but I don't necessarily believe that anyone else at the helm would've fared better.

we are too culturally diverse. all the countries that managed the virus well were in asia where they are ethnically and culturally homogeneous, and have a collectivism mindset.
I’m not talking about number of infections/deaths.

Talking about words used.

Efforts made.

Whether the White House gives a **** or not.

This one doesn’t.

Leave the cruise ship at sea, don’t let them dock it’ll just up our numbers.

If we stop testing, the numbers won’t go up.

I’m talking about the sheer stupidity at the helm and the ignorant that just make excuses for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Trump failed the responsibility of other people.

Do you know anything about this country? There are laws in place preventing the federal government from interfering state affairs.

All of the failures you cited belong to the state and local governments, mostly democrats. It is NOT the president’s job!
Excuses for the chief snowflake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies