Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 09:15 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

OP did Charlottesville protesters to keep up the Confederate statue not chant and I quote "Jews will not replace us"? Before you try saying this group is antisemitic, check your own side's fanatics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 09:18 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And white conservatives apparently remain incapable of understanding the FACT that disagreeing with the actions of a nation DOES NOT equate with hatred of practitioners of a particular religion.
You mean like if someone calls a country a s**thole, it's not racist, it's just directed at the nation?

Or you mean that it's acceptable when people you like do it but not others?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:19 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Can you point out the antisemitic positions codified?

As spencgr already pointed out "groups affiliated with" is a very tenuous connection.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You mean like if someone calls a country a s**thole, it's not racist, it's just directed at the nation?

Are you really going to argue that disagreeing with Israeli politics is the equivalent of being antisemitic? There are plenty of Jews here in the US that are no fans of current Israeli political positions, I'm sure. Hell, I'm certain there are plenty of Jews in Israel that are no fans of current Israeli politics.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:21 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OP did Charlottesville protesters to keep up the Confederate statue not chant and I quote "Jews will not replace us"? Before you try saying this group is antisemitic, check your own side's fanatics.
I completely agree with you.

The problem is recognizing that the far left has a whole pile of racists while swinging around the narrative that the right is the party of racism and hate etc.

The Co-president of BLM in KC just resigned because of transphobia and anti-gay stuff within the organization.

Let's not carry water for either side.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:22 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:

It is not acceptable but calling a country a name is not the same as issuing trade sanctions, sending big money in aid, providing military equipment. Sticks and stones.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:23 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Well there is this: kind of seems backwards at this time and place...

Klein urged the Southern Poverty Law Center to put Black Lives Matter on their list of hate groups, tweeting: "BLM is a Jew hating, White hating, Israel hating, conservative Black hating, violence promoting, dangerous Soros funded extremist group of haters."

then:

"As progressive pro-Israel organizations and members of the American Jewish community, we are appalled and outraged by the bigotry and hatred expressed and promoted by Morton Klein, president of the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA), at this painful and important moment of reckoning for our country," the signatories wrote. "Klein’s latest outbursts and long track record of bigotry should make him unwelcome in any mainstream Jewish communal spaces and should lead to his expulsion from organizational umbrella groups such as the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/jewis...ing-blm-631228

Old 06-16-2020, 09:23 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
A BLM supporter in another thread seemed to be unaware that BLM is at its core an anti-semitic organization, which has gone so far as to codify their hatred for Israel and the Jews in their platform. Interestingly, I'm finding this to be a theme - liberals and blacks simply are unaware of the hatred for Jews embedded in the organization. The poster asked for links. Here's a few:

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/n...raeli-genocide

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...form-1.5421194

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...8QN/story.html

There are hundreds of pages on a simple Google search to show their hatred towards Jews, and their complete support of the BDS movement, which was created with the sole pupose of dismantling the Jewish state and running all the Jews into the Mediterranean Sea (BLM and BDS cry out "from the river to the sea," which is a Hamas phrase calling for complete genocide of all Jews in the Mideast).

So i ask you, if BLM supports Jewish genocide, and codifies it in their platform, would it be fair to call BLS an anti-semitic organization?
I wonder if we can call it systematic antisemitism in leftist culture?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I completely agree with you.

The problem is recognizing that the far left has a whole pile of racists while swinging around the narrative that the right is the party of racism and hate etc.

The Co-president of BLM in KC just resigned because of transphobia and anti-gay stuff within the organization.

Let's not carry water for either side.

That is a well established, and recognized, issue within Black American culture. Yep. That's not racism, but I take your point.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:26 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
so let me get this straight if 2 groups that both want me dead are fighting with each other, I can not attack the murderous side that the "enlightened" support.

KKK=Black lives matter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies