Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you describe your political beliefs?
I consider myself a moderate. I can find common ground with both sides even if I lean left or right. 68 83.95%
I consider myself on the left and see nothing good about the right 1 1.23%
I consider myself on the right and see nothing good about the left 12 14.81%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 08:05 AM

97 posts, read 42,277 times

Advertisements

Wondering how many people are moderate. You might identify more to the left or the right but you are able to find common ground and you do not think the other side is irredeemably evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 08:08 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
I'm center-left today. But I'd been a moderate conservative my entire life. The types of politicians I prefer are John McCain, Larry Hogan, John Kasich.

Donald Trump pushed me out of the republican party, because there is no place for hatred and intolerance in my heart like there is with Trump. He has poisoned the GOP and welcomed the KKK and closeted racists to come out of their mom's basements. The GOP is now the party of hatred and I want no parts of that.

I switched my voter registration from republican to independent in 2016 when Trump became the GOP nominee and I'm now a center-left moderate.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
OTHER: I consider myself socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and believe the entrenched two-party system along with both major parties are the greatest threats to its future this country faces.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:14 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Im left of center on health insurance and right of center of things like immigration. I would not raise tax rates directly but would eliminate things like the carried interest provision and enforce anti trust laws again. Where does anti gerrymandering fall? right or left?

I fit no party. The GOP is the party of The Hunger Games and the Dems... Well. Seattle...

Old 06-16-2020, 08:15 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
I used to be a moderate democrat but then the party radicalized
I Did not sign up for this- my town was burned and looted this month By peaceful demonstrators
The police were stoned -my church members were threatened when they tried to do cleanup

Old 06-16-2020, 08:27 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
I'm a moderate per se' but on this board I side with the liberals because they are outnumbered and there aren't very many of the libs on here that are over the top extremists. And while many conservatives on here would laugh at that comment, that is why I don't support right wing views. Because to most right wingers, anybody to the left of them is an "over the top extremist".

In fact one of the funniest thing that happens on here is that you have a right wing person attacking another right wing person because that person doesn't totally agree with their further to the right position.

If I were in CHAZ I'd be considered a conservative because many of them ARE over the top extremists. But on here I'll defend them just because I don't think they are anything but the flip side of the same coin of a bunch of conservatives who post on here.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

I fit no party. The GOP is the party of The Hunger Games and the Dems... Well. Seattle...
That about sums it up for me too! I'd add Trump and and Cancel Culture as 2 things that turn me off about the right and the left also.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:37 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
That about sums it up for me too! I'd add Trump and and Cancel Culture as 2 things that turn me off about the right and the left also.
Great point

1) I wonder how many left of center realize just how many light left to center people hate Trump but are going to pick the devil they know over the party of Chaz, and defund police.
2) I openly laugh at whites who say they know what it is like to be black. I have had black coworkers get DWB pull overs. I also laugh at the white rioters saying they love brown people when they have directly caused tens of thousands of inner city and downtown projects to be cancelled... And the jobs and opportunity they would have created.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:38 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Moderate here.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

If I were in CHAZ I'd be considered a conservative because many of them ARE over the top extremists. But on here I'll defend them just because I don't think they are anything but the flip side of the same coin of a bunch of conservatives who post on here.
Except for the fact that there are no right wing groups taking over blocks of a major city while the government stands back and lets them. In our current zeitgeist, left wing radical groups are largely given a pass by the media and politicians while far right radical hate groups have been mariginilized and told for a long time that they have no place in society(and rightly so).

Imagine the equivalent of CHAZ with a right wing equivalent of Antifa in America in 2020. People went nuts when there was a small handful of lockdown protestors who did nothing remotely as extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies