Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 02:22 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,210,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Nope. Nice try.

The only reason these folks want a second chance is because she is white. It’s not because of their politics or being liberal or conservative.
Nope, I would say the same for anyone. You can look at my posting history and you will see that I’m not conservative. I just stick by my principles. I have been in trouble with the law, I also have the same view of restoring voting rights to convicted felons( like my brother) and gun rights to non-violent convicted felons.

So nice try, your privilege is showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 02:22 PM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
A company that doesn't want the mob of slobbering, woke twatters to start of campaign of social shaming, organized boycotts or even violence.

So, in other words, a company with no spine, no sense of right and wrong and no loyalty to their employees.

Sounds like Google maybe.....or Amazon.

Or more likely, the Government.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:23 PM

2,400 posts, read 751,387 times
A couple of you in this thread are more than a little “off” I would say. Wow.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:23 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Wayne has been famous since he was 15. If most of us had people of all races kissing our backside for 20 years we would probably be jaded too when it comes to race.

But then again, I think Wayne just knows who butters his bread these days. Same with Kanye. Their crowds no longer look like them and they will cater to them until they no longer put money over morals.
What "morals" are they overlooking for a dollar?

I could have made more money being a gangster when I was a kid but I knew it was morally wrong.

Even now, having decades of experience in criminal justice/loss prevention/private security I could rob people blind and not get caught...or definitely have very little chance of getting caught but that would be morally wrong.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:25 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,596,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
You’re only saying this because at this very moment you act with the “approved” behavior. If you don’t see some behavior control, 1984 type stuff here, then I don’t know what to tell you. I have made my mistakes in the past, have had run ins with the law. I know how much it sucks to be punished disproportionately for a small lapse in judgement that follows you around. Do you think this was an equal and opposite reaction to what was the initial action? If you do, I suggest you go back and learn some physics.

This kind of policing behavior with a disproportionate punishment has to stop. If what she did would interfere with the duties of her job, then I can understand, but I haven’t seen evidence of that.
She works for a company. She is free to get another job. I’m sure she will be fine in the long run.

She isn’t being policed. She could think and believe whatever she wants but as soon as you start trouble by questioning the individuals and LYING about knowing who lives in a house.. well, you reap what you sow.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:27 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,654,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Her husband was fired from Raymond James, a wealth management firm. She owns a skincare line and has a personal net worth between 1-5 million.
Not enough IMO for that city. That's nothing special for SF, trust me.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Nope, I would say the same for anyone. You can look at my posting history and you will see that I’m not conservative. I just stick by my principles. I have been in trouble with the law, I also have the same view of restoring voting rights to convicted felons( like my brother) and gun rights to non-violent convicted felons.

So nice try, your privilege is showing.
What the hell are you talking about? I didn’t label you as anything. I just disagreed with you trying to label someone a conservative for their take on this topic.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:29 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,210,453 times
Quote:
She works for a company. She is free to get another job. I’m sure she will be fine in the long run.

She isn’t being policed. She could think and believe whatever she wants but as soon as you start trouble by questioning the individuals and LYING about knowing who lives in a house.. well, you reap what you sow.
So you think it was an equal and opposite reaction to what happened to her and her husband?

I actually believe in second chances and worker’s rights. This does not bode well for me. If your livelihood is at risk for not adapting to “appropriate” behavior and because someone will post a video of you, that’s not that different from actually policing behavior.

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
You do seem to care an awful lot about race given your post history.
I will continue to use the obsessed to my advantage.

When Democrats found out I wasn't down with their program they felt betrayed. Then when I wouldn't kow-tow to the Republicans they weren't pleased.

Nobody knows how to handle an individual. I've seen the same look in the eyes of murderous black gangsters to white wealthy Republicans. The look that says "We can't box this guy in!"

People don't like it if they can't control/exploit you. The easiest way to do that is through collectivism.

I'll work those people over to my benefit until the day I die. You want to be lazy, stupid, and part of a collectivist mob - go right ahead. I'll be looking out for #1 so I can properly take care of the people I care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What "morals" are they overlooking for a dollar?

I could have made more money being a gangster when I was a kid but I knew it was morally wrong.

Even now, having decades of experience in criminal justice/loss prevention/private security I could rob people blind and not get caught...or definitely have very little chance of getting caught but that would be morally wrong.
This isn’t about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies