Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 10:59 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times

Advertisements

Why can't you righties just tell the truth? He wasn't putting 'graffiti' on his house. He chalked a saying on a small retaining wall in front of his house. I guess I should consider it lucky that my kids weren't gunned down by law and order types for using sidewalk chalk in front of my house.

Secondly as other posters have pointed out, she had no right to ask if he lived there, and she told him for a fact she knew he didn't. If she thought there was a crime she should have just called the cops and not said anything.

She is an idiot and is now paying the price for her own stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 10:59 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsrightfam View Post
They did nothing wrong. They care about law, order and their neighborhood. She asked the person if that was his property. First thing she said. But he decided at that very moment to make it a race thing for the media. And it worked.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...confrontation/

P.S. Bonus question. Is referring to white women as Karen racist at all? Or it's cool? And if so would referring to black men as Tyrone, Arab people as Mohammed, Hispanic people as Jesus or something similar be OK?

If it's OK to treat white people like this, I'm not sure I want to stay in America. In fact, I'm sure as hell don't want to stay in an area with such a racist climate. I didn't own a slave and I'm not going to be treated like this and neither will my offspring.
Quote:
The first thing out of her mouth was asking if it's his house. He didn't answer her because he wanted to racebait. They apologized because they didn't want their lives ruined. Well, the mob got them anyway. And she should not have minded her own business. Her neighborhood is her business. Her city and country is her business. She absolutely did the right thing that I hope a good citizen of any color and creed would do.
Yes, I believe it is racist and sexist to use the Karen meme. I hate the Karen meme, and any other meme that lumps people into a group that other can mock on social media.

If it was chalk, I probably wouldn't have bothered. But I actually walk around my neighborhood and pick up litter. Bags and bags of litter. So I care about my neighborhood as 'my business' and if I saw someone marking something up I might ask them if they lived there. It's not an unreasonable thing to do if you are invested in your area. All the guy had to do was say yes, and problem solved. He wanted a problem, it appears.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:02 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
The first thing out of her mouth was asking if it's his house. He didn't answer her because he wanted to racebait. They apologized because they didn't want their lives ruined. Well, the mob got them anyway. And she should not have minded her own business. Her neighborhood is her business. Her city and country is her business. She absolutely did the right thing that I hope a good citizen of any color and creed would do.
NO its NOT- is like some walker by come and ask you if you owned your house and why are you cutting the grass SO low..
and tell you that you don't live there she knows the owner!
NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS - and don't lie and say it would not anger you! I would have told that dingbat to take a hike-- the owner was polite as he could be. And did She walk away NOOOO-- in the end said he was wrong and CALLED the COPS-- nope Karen Looses

Old 06-16-2020, 11:03 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Yes, I believe it is racist and sexist to use the Karen meme. I hate the Karen meme, and any other meme that lumps people into a group that other can mock on social media.

If it was chalk, I probably wouldn't have bothered. But I actually walk around my neighborhood and pick up litter. Bags and bags of litter. So I care about my neighborhood as 'my business' and if I saw someone marking something up I might ask them if they lived there. It's not an unreasonable thing to do if you are invested in your area. All the guy had to do was say yes, and problem solved. He wanted a problem, it appears.
It doesn't sound like that solved the problem because she said she knew who lived there and that it wasn't him.

Last edited by CCbaxter; 06-16-2020 at 11:15 AM..

Old 06-16-2020, 11:05 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
NO its NOT- is like some walker by come ad ask you if you owned your house and why are you cutting the grass SO low.. NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS - and don't lie and say it would not anger you. I would have told that dingbat to take a hike-- the owner was polite as he could be. And did She walk away NOOOO-- in the end said he was wrong and CALLED the COPS-- nope Karen Looses
well, I think taking a police officer's taser gun is stupid, but I don't think stupid folks deserve to be killed.

The lady overreacted, let her apologize, problem solved. Why is she a racist now? Remember the punishment should always fit the crime, otherwise, it is not true justice. Do you honest believe this lady deserved to be called a racist? Do you honestly believe this lady's business deserved to be shut down? If your answers are yes and yes, then I think it is pretty safe to assume you overreacted too.

These two should sit down and work out their differences. The man shouldn't have made it public. He acted like an apology is not good enough, what the hell does he want?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:05 AM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
They did nothing wrong. They care about law, order and their neighborhood. She asked the person if that was his property. First thing she said. But he decided at that very moment to make it a race thing for the media. And it worked.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...confrontation/
No she didn't do anything wrong.

Notice some of the first words out of the newscasters mouth was "a white woman called the police" instead of "a woman called the police" or "police were called". Yeah, no racist agenda here by the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
She has no right to demand he prove it's his house.

How about the next time you go out to your car and try to get in it I pop out from a bush and challenge you by asking if it's your car?
You appear to be against neighbor helping neighbor.
I'm very glad I live in an area where people look out for one another.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:07 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

Do you walk up to neighbors and say "Hi, is this your property" in an accusatory tone? Then stating they know he does not live there and that a crime is occurring. A reasonable neighborly thing to do is to say "Hello, we haven't met, my name is ___".

What reasonable person thinks someone illegally putting up graffiti not only does not flee when confronted but also videos the encounter?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:08 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
If I'm painting something on my property, my mood would dictate if I felt like I owed some meddling busybody the time of day. Of course, my Scandinavian rearside is so white so as to be translucent.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:20 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Listen, I'm not sure we are in the majority anymore. If some big company like Raymond James didn't think that firing the dude would be popular they wouldn't do it. At least half the people in this thread love it. What if most of America actually likes this? What then?
I think we (white, black, asian, hispanic, mixed, whatever) all need to voice our reasonable opinions. This madness cannot go on.

I got in a car accident when I was in college. I remember a white gentleman dragged me out of the car, his wife sat me in their truck. A black couple called 911, and there were many people of all colors nearby trying to help.

I am afraid our world has changed. Everybody is so angry. People should really think it through before they ruin other people's lives.

This man needs to feel ashamed of himself. He's not a hero in my book. He's an overreacting little jerk. Sucks to be him.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:23 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
I guess I just wouldn't think someone would graffiti their own house either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies