Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 11:15 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Everyone knows Sleepy Joe would still be asleep in the drive thru !!! Thats how an election gets thrown !!!
Everyone with the tiniest bit of brain cells left, knows that Biden is just a joke and that Dem's are desperate: Either a rapist, dementia brain Biden or our wonderful President Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 11:17 AM

2,066 posts, read 900,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Obama and many others did squat on this stuff.

Aside from, "Uh uh uh I don't know all the facts but uh uh ah ah ahhh I will say uh the cops <annoying wheezy nasal 's'> behaved stupidly"

Oh, and a beer summit.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I no longer watch CBS, or any of the other fake news Liberal channels.
I dont watch them, because they dont carry news. They carry soap operas, wheels of fortune and Judge Judy types of programs.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:23 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Obama cancelled the 1033 program that transferred military surplus to the police in an effort to de-militarize them. Trump re-instated that in 2017.

14 consent decrees went out under Obama

Trump's scrapping of Obama-era reforms hinders police reform

We have taken steps backwards with Trump and people wonder why the protests have come back stronger.
"Consent decree." Now there's an Orwellian term if ever there was one.

It sounds like a partnership of equals, but it's not. It's when the federal government tells a local government, "Do things the way we want them done, or kiss your federal funding goodbye." Baltimore's police department is one of the ones under a consent decree, and their hands have been so tied that they're unable to respond to the surge in crime that's taken place since the druggie Freddie Gray killed himself -- yes, you heard me, he purposely thrashed around and banged his head against the wall, knowing that it would make the police look bad -- while in custody.

If Trump is rescinding these consent decrees, that's a huge victory for local control and for untying the hands of our law enforcement agencies.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:24 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
against rioters I want the equipment used. I want cops safe from rioters, particularly antifa who come heavily armed btw, with strong means to squash riots.

Protests have gone on weeks, mainly unimpeded.
Unimpeded? What about the clearing of peaceful protesters in DC so dear leader could have his photo op in front of that church?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump is the action president and today took action !!! His action was thoughtful considerate and measured not the emotional knee jerk we see from the defund the police democrats !!!
Nothing is ever thoughtful w/ Drumpf

Old 06-16-2020, 11:28 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
"Consent decree." Now there's an Orwellian term if ever there was one.

It sounds like a partnership of equals, but it's not. It's when the federal government tells a local government, "Do things the way we want them done, or kiss your federal funding goodbye." Baltimore's police department is one of the ones under a consent decree, and their hands have been so tied that they're unable to respond to the surge in crime that's taken place since the druggie Freddie Gray killed himself -- yes, you heard me, he purposely thrashed around and banged his head against the wall, knowing that it would make the police look bad -- while in custody.

If Trump is rescinding these consent decrees, that's a huge victory for local control and for untying the hands of our law enforcement agencies.
So...then you oppose Trump for what he did today, right?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Everyone with the tiniest bit of brain cells left, knows that Biden is just a joke and that Dem's are desperate: Either a rapist, dementia brain Biden or our wonderful President Trump!
No sane intelligent person wants Trump elected again.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:29 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Fed choke hold ban is huge. For reasons few here will catch on to.

If a state is , in the opinion of the feds, under charging, this now opens a window for Feds to charge rogue cops for improper actions if they include choke holds.
Like the Feds enforcing the illegal activities of sanctuary cities?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:30 AM

34,038 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Unimpeded? What about the clearing of peaceful protesters in DC so dear leader could have his photo op in front of that church?
I have read conflicting reports on how peaceful it was, specifically the 15-30 minute before period.

I wasn't there, so can't say for sure if it was truly peaceful. Were you physically there during the time period I mentioned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies