Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 11:07 AM

46,955 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
James Rosen is the most prominent example, but the corrupt Obama regime went after dozens of journalists. You guys really are willfully ignorant.
He was prosecuted? Weird, I thought I would've remembered. He was investigated, but I don't think I recall any actual prosecution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 11:07 AM

23,577 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Did you actually read any of the links above? Not one example of Obama threatening to prosecute journalists for saying bad things about him or making his poll numbers look bad.

You proved my point, thank you. It did not happen.

The first link is a case that stems from the Bush administration and involves a journalist that released classified documents about the CIA. Bush started the case and Obama continued it. Obviously this happened before Obama was in the White house. Obama was not retaliating against a reporter who said things about him.

The next one makes the false claim that Obama prosecuted more journalists than all previous presidents combined and then lists 2 times. One from the first link and one a Fox news reporter who shared classified info about North Korea. Again not at all what I asked. You should probably study up on how Lincoln dealt with reporters during the civil war.

The other links simply show Obama going after leaks that went to reporters.

Again show one example of Obama threatening to prosecute a reporter just because they said bad things about him or tried to hurt his poll numbers? And so you know I am not a fan of Obama. Did not vote for him. But to compare his record dealing with journalists with Trump is laughable.
There was no free press under Obama. Journalists are typically shielded from divulging their sources, not so under Obama. Obama used his office to spy on them(it's okay with you that he used the DoJ to grab journalist's phone records?), to threaten them and to prosecute them. No I don't know 'all of their names'. If you are that interested in all of their names then research them. I gave you a very good head start.

It's no secret that Obama hated Fox. He complained about them while on his first campaign, which is where he made that comment about polls, and he complained and harassed Fox and their journalists ever since.
"“I am convinced that if there were no Fox News, I might be two or three points higher in the polls,” Obama told me."
https://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/m...19obama-t.html

Do you think that journalists should be required to divulge their sources, no matter what?

Old 06-17-2020, 11:10 AM

23,577 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The Trump worshippers are already diagnosing the niece with TDS and the book isn't even out yet.
yeah like someone who has a vendetta and wants a piece of the pie will be absolutely truthful, lol

Old 06-17-2020, 11:12 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As you willfully fail to support your allegation.

It was claimed Obama prosecuted journalists.
When?
Where?
What were the charges?
Here's one of dozen of articles from the usual suspects of Right Leaning Sites (all Trumper's approved)

https://theblacksphere.net/2017/02/m...n-journalists/

They all read along the same lines.........

Old 06-17-2020, 11:15 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Here's one of dozen of articles from the usual suspects of Right Leaning Sites (all Trumper's approved)

https://theblacksphere.net/2017/02/m...n-journalists/

They all read along the same lines.........
Or you can read the AP article I posted, but I suppose that’s another right wing site. The absence of stories about it from CNN MSNBC etc. is just more proof those outlets are propaganda artists for the DNC. But you know that.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:21 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
yeah like someone who has a vendetta and wants a piece of the pie will be absolutely truthful, lol
"Truthful", eh? Now suddenly Trump worshippers care about "truthful"?

Old 06-17-2020, 11:22 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
How long does it take to do a review? They had the book since November-December 2019 so what is the holdup.

Looks like State sanctioned muzzling by a desperate Administration. They know what is in that book already, there is something they don’t want to get out before the election.
Exactly the point.

Trump is afraid of the Truth, like a cockroach is afraid of the light. Trump knows what went on while Bolton was inside, and he also knows what is in the book, they have had the manuscript for half a year and they already know Bolton excised any sensitive national security information.

Well, the thing has already been printed and is in the warehouses ready to ship, an expensive process ... that means the publisher felt confident in it's release months ago. It is already a part of history.

Even if they succeeded in destroying every printed copy, the manuscript will live on in digital form, accessed by historians and the general public eventually.

Trump knows it will get out, unchanged, he desperately wants to delay it until AFTER the election. This is a stalling tactic for political reasons, not a legitimate legal concern.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:23 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
There was no free press under Obama. Journalists are typically shielded from divulging their sources, not so under Obama. Obama used his office to spy on them(it's okay with you that he used the DoJ to grab journalist's phone records?), to threaten them and to prosecute them. No I don't know 'all of their names'. If you are that interested in all of their names then research them. I gave you a very good head start.

It's no secret that Obama hated Fox. He complained about them while on his first campaign, which is where he made that comment about polls, and he complained and harassed Fox and their journalists ever since.
"“I am convinced that if there were no Fox News, I might be two or three points higher in the polls,” Obama told me."
https://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/m...19obama-t.html

Do you think that journalists should be required to divulge their sources, no matter what?
I don't need names, but do you have links to support your assertions that Obama spied on journalists, threatened or prosecuted them?

Old 06-17-2020, 11:24 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Now the Trumpenfuhrer is looking into suing his niece over her upcoming book. Gee, I wonder what he's got to hide?

tRump considers suing his niece over tell-all book
"Most transparent president"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H9kHLsX_aQ

Old 06-17-2020, 11:24 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Or you can read the AP article I posted, but I suppose that’s another right wing site. The absence of stories about it from CNN MSNBC etc. is just more proof those outlets are propaganda artists for the DNC. But you know that.
So if a story is only carried on a right wing nut job site like Breitbart that's proof of bias in the MSM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies