Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 02:21 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

I can't say that I feel any ounce of sympathy, sorry.

They brought the mess upon themselves. Our country has witnessed an orgy of violence, riots, looting, and protests over the dumbest things the past several weeks, all under the banner of BLM.

Well, many people have had enough of it.

It's one thing to represent yourselves peacefully and have a concrete agenda that believes in equality and fairness for all. Another thing entirely to show your true colors as an extremist group that only cares about race baiting and creating even more racial resentment. Many Americans are fed up and what happened in Ohio is a backlash. This is also the reason why Trump will win the Presidency this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-...MsqFzUv60YDjLI
Quote:

“A demonstration to show my neighbors there are people who care, to show my very monochromatic town that Black Lives Matter,” said Gee, who identified herself as a lifelong resident of the village of Bethel, Ohio — population roughly 2,800. It was a testament to the wide reach of the movement against racism and police brutality convulsing the country since George Floyd’s death in police custody, weeks of demonstrations that have swept from cities to suburbs and tiny Midwestern towns that haven’t seen protests in decades.

But the 80 or so expected demonstrators ended up dwarfed Sunday afternoon by some 700 counterprotesters — motorcycle gangs, “back the blue” groups and proponents of the Second Amendment, village officials said. Some carried rifles, a local news station reported, while others brought baseball bats and clubs. Police say they are investigating about 10 “incidents” from the clashes that followed, including a demonstrator being punched in the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 02:22 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Not just Ohio. This is how you do it. Zero looting. Zero graffiti. Zero violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lF_i-5PNqA

Old 06-16-2020, 02:25 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Get back on the bus and return to the big city you just came from. Not welcome.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:27 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
“A demonstration to show my neighbors there are people who care, to show my very monochromatic town that Black Lives Matter,” said Gee, who identified herself as a lifelong resident of the village of Bethel, Ohio — population roughly 2,800.
She would never, I mean never use that term to describe a non-white town. Just a virtue-signaling twit.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:27 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Defending your home, business, family, etc is WaYsIsT

Old 06-16-2020, 02:45 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I can't say that I feel any ounce of sympathy, sorry.
For the bikers and the others who ruined a peaceful protest, yes. I feel no sympathy for them. So many were ugly, ignorant, racist yahoos who have to bring guns and Trump flags along with them to try to feel good about themselves. They disgust me.

Some of the counter protesters did engage in conversation with the organizers, but still the organizers had to be protected by the police.

So this is what happened: One woman who lives in Bethel organized a small march to support an end to racism. She posted it on a Facebook page. She let the village administration and police know what she had planned.

Bikers and others showed up - people who do not live in Bethel - shouting racial epithets and shoving the peaceful protesters off the sidewalk.

This story in the Post is much better than the local coverage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ounterprotest/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...on/3188746001/

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...ing-protesters

Last edited by Ohiogirl81; 06-16-2020 at 03:04 PM..

Old 06-16-2020, 02:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
The problem is if a BLM attacks a counterprotester, which is highly likely, and the counterprotester defends himself the police will prosecute the counterprotester and not BLM and the media will libel him a far-right white supremacist and likely lose his job and reputation.

Patriotic, conservative whites have the entire system working against them now from the media to law enforcement and justice systems. If your local authorities are not then they become a target.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:47 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Get back on the bus and return to the big city you just came from. Not welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Defending your home, business, family, etc is WaYsIsT
The woman who organized the protest is a resident of the town in question, which is about 25-30 miles east of Cincinnati.

The bikers and knuckleheads with guns and Trump signs were not, according to the police chief.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:55 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The woman who organized the protest is a resident of the town in question, which is about 25-30 miles east of Cincinnati.

The bikers and knuckleheads with guns and Trump signs were not, according to the police chief.

Both sides will be brought in from other places to have the message heard. In Oregon, all the BLM were bussed in from Portland and its Metro area.

Old 06-16-2020, 03:01 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
What's good for the goose, is good for the Gander.

So others can't protest??? Just BLM? Is that how it goes these days????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies