Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 11:32 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Jews are the most privileged of all Americans....they have to pay for that privilege.

Wow! What a wonderful educated statement

It I am privileged, it might be because I've been working since I was 12 (cutting grass and shoveling snow) From 15 through my early years in college I worked maintenance at one of the first shopping centers in the US AND delivering flowers (Yep in a company truck with no drivers license)

I paid my own way through college by working full time while carrying 18-24 credits a quarter (I took 2 classes at same time and also went to night school for one class) in earning a 5 year degree WHILE MARRIED!

I worked my entire life, from 12 until I retired at 72. And, even though retired, I still take on consulting projects. I worked hard for everything I have. If that makes me privileged, thank God!

Jews are not the most privileged people in America. What we are is educated, willing to work hard and for the most part having two loving parents at home supporting and teaching us right from wrong

What we are is leaders (not the only leaders by far) in business, science, medicine, entertainment and so on in the US and the world.

From your comment, my guess is that you are none of the above and so you take it out on us!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 11:36 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

It I am privileged, it might be because I've been working since I was 12 (cutting grass and shoveling snow) From 15 through my early years in college I worked maintenance at one of the first shopping centers in the US AND delivering flowers (Yep in a company truck with no drivers license)

I paid my own way through college by working full time while carrying 18-24 credits a quarter (I took 2 classes at same time and also went to night school for one class) in earning a 5 year degree WHILE MARRIED!

I worked my entire life, from 12 until I retired at 72. And, even though retired, I still take on consulting projects. I worked hard for everything I have. If that makes me privileged, thank God!

Jews are not the most privileged people in America. What we are is educated, willing to work hard and for the most part having two loving parents at home supporting and teaching us right from wrong

What we are is leaders (not the only leaders by far) in business, science, medicine, entertainment and so on in the US and the world.

From your comment, my guess is that you are none of the above and so you take it out on us!

You missed the sarcasm in my statement but yes, Jews are the most privileged in our society and yes, I think you've earned it (well most of it anyway).

Old 06-17-2020, 11:41 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I know conservatives that say some nasty things about Jews and people of color. Go figure......

And yup there are liberals who say nasty things about people of color and JEws.

That's part of the problem......
Well you have to consider for conservatives, Jews tend to run liberal at around 90%, have said nasty things about white America and there are theories out there and some evidence that are against white. I even saw a Jewish liberal on here admit "Yes we absolutely will replace you (whites). "

Also conservatives are really, if not the only, the strongest supporters of Israel and Jews.

But what reasoning do liberals and non-whites have to be anti-Jewish than bias against light skin color, success and being racist against anyone seen as mostly white?

Old 06-17-2020, 11:43 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
https://www.jta.org/2020/06/02/unite...l-institutions

I guess that Jewish lives don't matter
Yet Jews routinely vote democrat, despite the widespread anti-semiticism in the dem party.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:45 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yet Jews routinely vote democrat, despite the widespread anti-semiticism in the dem party.

I know and I fight (verbally) with many friends about that all the time!

I don't know why so many Jews are still demoncrats

Old 06-17-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'd venture to guess they're seen as "white" by the VAST majority of white folks, too.

Unless you're talking about the Richard Spencer types, then probably not.
Agree, I and every white folks I know see most probably over 90% American Jews as white and most all of them are "whiter" in appearance than me who's of British/NW European descent.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:57 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
LOL...Jews are the most privileged of all Americans with Asians second most privileged but I notice the Left only talks about white privilege. In reality, this is just used to take money from one group to another and an effort to take power on the part of Leftists.

About your point that Jews have earned their wealth through education and hard work I say yes and that would also be true of whites, Asians and black Africans that are privileged in the USA through hard work and education. Why would it be more disgusting and vile to even think or talk about Jews American privilege more so than white privilege? (hint, it wouldn't)
Exactly how are we (Jews) the most privileged of all Americans? I truly want to know.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:00 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Gee, why don't you come out and say it. 'Jews aren't smart enough to get off the democrat kibbutz'.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:11 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:

Amen! It seems that this word “privilege” is shorthand for “having parents who are married (at least during one’s formative years), emphasizing education, studying hard and winning academic scholarships to college, and then having the grit, discipline, and willingness to work hard to start and run a successful business.”

My bad.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Amen! It seems that this word “privilege” is shorthand for “having parents who are married (at least during one’s formative years), emphasizing education, studying hard and winning academic scholarships to college, and then having the grit, discipline, and willingness to work hard to start and run a successful business.”

My bad.
I believe Jews are somewhat privileged because you're not allowed to criticize them. But i rank it this way from least privileged to most privileged:

White
Asian/Indian
Jewish
Hispanic
Black
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies