Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 07:29 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So 90% of Black voters vote Democrat. If you're interested in what Black people want, why would you listen to a group that represents less than 10% of the population?
Because 100% have been complaining about the same things for decades.

Democrats have done nothing. NOTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 07:34 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Nor are white people an homogeneous group. Yet we are all seen now as racists by blacks and liberals.
Nor are all cops racist or abusive, yet are being seen that way by democrats and blacks.
It’s the nature of “stereotyping” when a large amount of attention is given to to a behavior or view.

The vast majority of people don’t judge on just skin color but on BEHAVIOR and CHARACTER. I have a hard time using the word “black” to describe someone for the very reason you note.

Unfortunately because there is such a high percentage of criminality, thuggery, gangsta behavior, drug gangs, rape, and deadbeat fatherhood in many black communities, the stereotype really starts to embed in people.

If our whole country can furiously and loudly demand that the police reform and attend to their behavior problems, why can’t we have the same loud demands that the black community starts taking personal responsibility for its behavior problems?

Answer—-because the democrats and their corrupt complicit media won’t let us......so how does that help blacks overcome this stereotype and dysfunctional behavior?
Stop voting for democrats and start demanding reforms in those dysfunctional black communities.

“Excellence is the best deterrence to racism.” — Jesse Jackson
We have to do our part.

Whites can bend over backwards, but if we, collectively, don't change - we will have the same problems.

The fact is we are changing, but it's slow and unnoticed.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:37 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Because 100% have been complaining about the same things for decades.

Democrats have done nothing. NOTHING.
because the loud 10% is standing in the way. They want to "conserve" the status quo. That is their stated party platform. They actually see progress as a bad thing. I'm not making that up, they use "progressive" as a bad word, and actually use Barak Obama's statement of "fundamentally changing the USA" as if it were bad to evolve with the times.

Granted though, Obama got less done in 8 years than Trump was able to undo in 3.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:42 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Reparation and Juneteenth as a national-holiday...........that is a start.
Don't hold your breath. MANY people, myself included, would stop paying taxes if the government decided to "award" reparations. We are the people who provide all the revenue for the government; they can't arrest us all.

There will never be a point in history where one group of people will allow another group to extort money from them for a perceived slight they did not commit.

Similarly, whites should not demand reparations from the blacks for all the crimes they commit and their widespread reliance of public assistance. Nor should we demand reparations from blacks for the deaths of our ancestors who died fighting to release them from slavery.

Every bum wants a handout. Self reliant, independent people do not seek handouts and support from the government.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
At this point I fully support the idea of sending any black Americans back to Africa if the wish, we will give them a first class plane ticket and a fist full of cash and tell them to never come back. It’s something that was a mission of Rastafarian people to just go back to Africa to their roots.

Really I cannot think of any black leaders today that I support because they are all race-baiting trouble makers. Bob Marley was a leader. Haile Selassie was an amazing leader. MLK was not too shabby either.

But this stuff has to end and end quickly. It also needs to end Badly for black Americans. It is sickening that they would be rewarded anything for their behavior.
I agree. The "back to Africa" movement would restore blacks to their original homeland and remedy their forced relocation to the west.

I wonder why blacks, as they identify this as THE sentinel moment in their history, do not want to go back to Africa? There they would be among a black majority and would no longer experience the "discrimination" they claim to be continually oppressed by.

Nigeria has already offered to take American blacks. I think that most would not mind paying for the travel expenses for blacks to return to Africa so they can start a new and not suffer from "discrimination" any longer.

Unfortunately, American blacks would be complaining about anything and everything, even if they were in Africa.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
but if they did, within two years there be big factory, farms, parks, medical, education, clean water, electric power. low unemployement
They did that- they called it Rhodesia. Blacks confiscated the land and have restored it to being a poor, third world country, just as it was before.

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Old 06-17-2020, 07:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
If our whole country can furiously and loudly demand that the police reform and attend to their behavior problems, why can’t we have the same loud demands that the black community starts taking personal responsibility for its behavior problems?
It's a fair point, but the problem is how it's portrayed by so many Americans, including our POTUS.

Just like the police, you can't lump "the black community" into one group. Like the police, it is made up of a TINY (I use the word Tiny, a very small number) bunch of people who give the community a bad name.

This applies to the police, and to 'the black community'. It all starts with recognizing that the majority of both are doing a lot of good.

I see time and time again, on these forums and elsewhere, where people justify their support of institutional racism by saying what you said. It's wrong, and until you change, no good will happen. Your words (likely intentionally) put an entire community on the defensive. You can't move forward when you're always defending.

Acknowledge!

Old 06-17-2020, 07:57 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Maybe blacks want to NOT be harassed by the cops. The cops are to blame for brutalizing blacks for a long time. Why do cops feel the need to pull these stunts constantly? This wouldn’t be an issue if the cops didn’t pull this crap. Then never get prosecuted when they commit murder..

Data from law enforcement does not support this accusation.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:07 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree. The "back to Africa" movement would restore blacks to their original homeland and remedy their forced relocation to the west.

I wonder why blacks, as they identify this as THE sentinel moment in their history, do not want to go back to Africa? There they would be among a black majority and would no longer experience the "discrimination" they claim to be continually oppressed by.

Nigeria has already offered to take American blacks. I think that most would not mind paying for the travel expenses for blacks to return to Africa so they can start a new and not suffer from "discrimination" any longer.

Unfortunately, American blacks would be complaining about anything and everything, even if they were in Africa.
Ghana actually has ambassadors over here trying to recruit blacks back to Ghana.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:19 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It's a fair point, but the problem is how it's portrayed by so many Americans, including our POTUS.

Just like the police, you can't lump "the black community" into one group. Like the police, it is made up of a TINY (I use the word Tiny, a very small number) bunch of people who give the community a bad name.

This applies to the police, and to 'the black community'. It all starts with recognizing that the majority of both are doing a lot of good.

I see time and time again, on these forums and elsewhere, where people justify their support of institutional racism by saying what you said. It's wrong, and until you change, no good will happen. Your words (likely intentionally) put an entire community on the defensive. You can't move forward when you're always defending.

Acknowledge!
Wrong — the dysfunction in many black communities is NOT tiny like police abuse or even white supremacy is in our country.
Black criminality, disrespect for law and order, 75% fatherless households, horrendous levels of black on black murders and rape, lack of respect for education (only 25% of Chicago blacks even qualify for next grade level) glorifying of gansta culture is way disproportionate compared to any other race in this country.

Yet you and other liberals have tried to blame blame blame it on everything and everybody else besides where the blame belongs — thus it has only gotten worse and worse under your policies, your minimizing, your race baiting, and your victim mentality M.O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies