Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 05:17 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,274,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Covid crisis is way out of control in California now. Why no mention of that?
Not in San Francisco, and the rest of the Bay Area. Not in most of Northern CA, either.

Much of SoCal is more culturally similar to FL, AZ, southern NV, etc.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:26 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
First - I meant you people as a whole who are complaining - but each and everyone of you take any objection to your post as a personal assault - get over yourselves. You are allowed to make blanket statements or address everyone as a whole but those you disagree with don't.

Now as I asked - what's done is done - how do you think we go forward - we can't go backwards and undo this. Asian countries have an advantage because this isn't the 1st time they've been in similar situations with viruses being released in their area. We followed what the WHO told us, any steps taken to try to mitigate the situation were meant with contempt from many on the left - so now what - the ball is in your court.

If you have no solutions - start thinking of them and quit living in the past - we can't change
Complaining? I guess if you call my calling attention to what we as a country are continuing to not do to mitigate the spread of this virus, then guilty as charged. I am complaining about the leadership of this country. As I've said numerous times, mandate masks, socially distance, do the simple things that we can to mitigate the spread of this virus. It would help if we could somehow get the president of the U.S. on board with all of that, as well as many of the governors, but I'm beginning to think that's too heavy a lift.

I'm not living in the past. We have yet to do the small things we know to do. That, we can change.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:29 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Red = bad

Blue = can do no wrong, cuz it's all woke goodness and if there is bad, then it must be Red bad.
The reason I don't see anything about CA mentioned on this thread is because it's a thread about TX and FL. There are plenty of other threads talking about how bad it is in CA. No one can dispute that.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:13 PM

558 posts, read 336,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So let's say Biden wins. Does that mean everyone will suddenly put on their mask and stop partying ?

I don't think these young social bingers give a hoot who is sitting in the Oval Office.
No, and its larger than just the POTUS. It's media that capitalizes on our division for ratings and revenue. Then it's governors who let go of the partisan allegiances and do what they know is right instead of hoping for the best. Gov Abbott is a good example of that now that he has turned around. Now he is threatening to shut it all down if they can't control themselves. Other Republican governors who put their roles over their party are also good examples, but even some of those states are reversing the trends now and will have to re-enact past restrictions. So you also have to get the counties on board instead of having sheriffs refusing to enforce what their governors are implementing. Then all mayors city governing bodies have to do their part. Even with all that, it doesn't work until we as the public get past being stuck on stupid and do our parts instead of throwing tantrums over some perceived lost freedom. But it all starts at the top, and if the CinC can't get his his **** together we are destined to fail as a country. Lead by example, implement public campaigns, get Congress on board to do what they must to bolster the public and private sectors to survive this. Listen to your damn experts, even when they can't tell you what you want to hear. This nation has sacrificed for years to win wars, now we could barely go a month doing a fraction of what prior generations did in order to get through a pandemic.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:15 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,228,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The reason I don't see anything about CA mentioned on this thread is because it's a thread about TX and FL. There are plenty of other threads talking about how bad it is in CA. No one can dispute that.
I was answering a direct question in this thread that questioned why no mention of CA.

But, 1/2 point to Slytherin for the deflection.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:34 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The same age idiots in Europe are flooding the pubs and socializing.
Several countries have had to reimpose their restrictions.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/23/...ond-wave-fears
The leadership in Europe has been very unified in their while we are almost like two different nations, one part that follows the rules and another that has ignored the science.

Yes bad behavior can trigger an outbreak as we have seen across the nation but it doesn't help when the leadership condones ignoring our own experts.

Old 07-11-2020, 07:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What about the hundreds of thousands of “protestors” that Democrats are making special exceptions for? As long as Democrats say it’s OK to gather en masse, shoulder to shoulder, screaming and spitting, then people should be allowed to go to restaurants and theaters, spaced out by a few feet.
What they are saying at the demonstrations is rather profound. Would you have stopped the Gettysburg Address to stave off a smallpox epidemic?

Old 07-11-2020, 07:47 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
This nation has sacrificed for years to win wars, now we could barely go a month doing a fraction of what prior generations did in order to get through a pandemic.
If it weren't futility and health theater many would be happy to sacrifice. But it's obvious to any person of reasonable intelligence that the "self-isolating" was virtue-signalling, not a real public health measure.

Old 07-12-2020, 04:46 AM

14,967 posts, read 9,794,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What they are saying at the demonstrations is rather profound. Would you have stopped the Gettysburg Address to stave off a smallpox epidemic?
You historical hindsight is absolutely amazing...

Old 07-12-2020, 12:35 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times
FL sets another new record with 15,300 new cases in one day

https://www.wesh.com/amp/article/flo...ly-12/33287426
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies