Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2020, 11:17 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I wonder what do you consider too soon. If states that reopened had waited a few weeks it would just push back what is happening now by 2 weeks. Once people start going back to work and other places the cases will increase. Unless you think we should wait until their is either a cure or enough people have taken the vaccine this will happen. Personally I think everyone staying inside, millions of businesses failing and a lot of poverty is worse. Humans are made to congregate.

I wonder how many people in the world will starve if charities lose a lot of donations.
And yet, many other countries around the globe have managed it. Is America just more stupid than the rest of the world?

Old 07-23-2020, 11:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The only ones saying Sweden made mistakes are American rags. Swedes don't think so! Mask wearing there is under 10%, the lowest in Europe. Indicating they're not scared of this virus.
Sweden lost 10 X number of people than their neighbors and never got anywhere near herd immunity, so yes, they know they blew it. The guy in charge, chief epidemiologist Anders Tegnell, admits he blew it.

Good grief, is there anything you won't deny?

Old 07-23-2020, 11:46 AM

8,122 posts, read 3,666,715 times
Quote:
I wonder what do you consider too soon. If states that reopened had waited a few weeks it would just push back what is happening now by 2 weeks. Once people start going back to work and other places the cases will increase. Unless you think we should wait until their is either a cure or enough people have taken the vaccine this will happen. Personally I think everyone staying inside, millions of businesses failing and a lot of poverty is worse. Humans are made to congregate.

I wonder how many people in the world will starve if charities lose a lot of donations.
How come this did not happen in multiple other countries that have reopened?

Old 07-23-2020, 11:49 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
We have not been in a restaurant or had takeout since before March 13. And that 5 dollar ice cream was a spur of the minute treat that went into the trash can right in front of the clerk.

But the good thing is the lost and never to be recovered 20 pounds gone from my arse.

We are longing for a Whataburger.
I hear you. I would love some really good Chinese food.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:51 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:

I know humans need socialization. But humans in most of the other countries realized the seriousness of this disease and didn't feel the need to congregate too quickly. They wore masks and socially distanced for the most part. So now not only do we have millions of businesses failing and poverty, but we get to extend all of that because people still refuse to do the simple things to mitigate the effects of this virus.

Old 07-23-2020, 03:45 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
What disregard for the science? Science does not dictate public policy. Everyone knew opening would lead to an increase in cases, even DeSantis. For the most part, we want to open even if it means Covid cases go up. We don't give a damn about Covid-19, do you understand? Not one crap about it. Let it do its thing. Who honestly cares.
Yes we heard that from Trump's press secretary, "we don't want to let science get in the way of school reopenings".

Old 07-23-2020, 04:01 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Quote:

When did it become the duty of humans to keep others in business?

I know many Americans think we live in a free enterprise economy. We sure do subsidize all sorts of business with tax dollars.

Old 07-23-2020, 05:31 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
If masks are truly helpful then why wait several months to mandate wearing them? They were saying they weren't needed. The CDC even said they are not helpful for healthy people to wear.

As been posted all over CD, as well as news, THE REASON WE WERE TOLD NO MASKS IN THE BEGINNING WAS BECAUSE THERE WAS NOWHERE THE AMOUNT NEEDED BY HEALTHCARE WORKERS TO TAKE CARE OF US!!!

Now, there are masks a plenty. It is no secret that we had to protect front line workers in order to protect us!

So WEAR YOUR DAMN MASKS!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2020, 05:31 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,205,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
When did it become the duty of humans to keep others in business?

It's not. Neither is forcing businesses to close and go bankrupt.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:58 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
As been posted all over CD, as well as news, THE REASON WE WERE TOLD NO MASKS IN THE BEGINNING WAS BECAUSE THERE WAS NOWHERE THE AMOUNT NEEDED BY HEALTHCARE WORKERS TO TAKE CARE OF US!!!

Now, there are masks a plenty. It is no secret that we had to protect front line workers in order to protect us!

So WEAR YOUR DAMN MASKS!!!!!!
It no secret that the cloth masks and scarves that are being worn today were not needed to protect health care workers.
I wear my mask but don't pretend the majority of the types of masks being worn today were not readily available before or that health care workers use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies