Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2020, 06:39 AM

18,407 posts, read 7,032,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let's be clear about it, not just 'breitbart clear': Texas reports highest number of hospitalized coronavirus patients since outbreak began.

Covid hospitalizations have been going up every day.

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/AdditionalData.aspx

Your have been lied to. Your president and your VP are lying to you.

It is what it is, but you are free to believe anything you want.

I think that there's a lot of people who been told so many things and listened to the "experts" changing their minds since day one that they're beginning to just not give a crap.

They've seen Fauci lying about masks.

They've seen numbers being fudged.

They're seeing that it's not nearly as deadly as it was first made out to be.

They see the media calling people going to the beach grandma killers and then defending people protesting in groups of hundreds or thousands.....

Crisis fatigue is a real thing.......

And we've about had it up to our eyeballs with crisis the last few months.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:40 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Just let it go for crying out loud..... we do that it will be over in weeks. Most of us will hardly notice we had it. Many of us already have.

So dang tired of this foolishness. People really are stupid
In a matter of few months, it has killed more Americans than WW-I and twice as many as the Vietnam war (10 yr war), and now it is getting worse, so we should just let it go and ignore it? And you are calling other people stupid?

What do you have against informing people about it, so they can act accordingly?

Promoting general welfare a Constitutional mandate of the government, and informing the public of the risks of a virus is exactly that: promoting general welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It's a dream come true, isn't it?
Open your own thread about your dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I think that there's a lot of people who been told so many things and listened to the "experts" changing their minds since day one that they're beginning to just not give a crap.
Its ok Fat Bob. You are not required to listen to it.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:41 AM

5,775 posts, read 5,074,476 times
Quote:
Not that Florida really re-opened in the first place with all bars in South Florida still closed under orders of Governor DeSantis. Florida cases are hitting new records all the time, and the Testing vs Cases ratio also keeps increasing. Amazingly the Trump admin pretty much declared the pandemic a done-deal.

Restaurants again shutting their doors as coronavirus flares

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...s8E?li=BBnb7Kz

On Tuesday, Texas reported an 8.3% increase in hospitalizations to a record 2,518, the largest daily jump since June 4. The rolling seven-day average rose to a record 2,243, according to the state health department.

Florida is one of of 22 states where daily coronavirus cases are rising. The state's hospitalization count has nearly doubled since May 4, when its governor relaxed a month-long stay-at-home order by letting restaurants and stores outside of South Florida open at 25% capacity. The Sunshine State reported 80,109 cases on Tuesday, an increase of 3.6% from Monday.

After biggest one-day coronavirus total, how bad could it get in Florida?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...3lq-story.html

The record number came not as a spike on an otherwise flat trend line but followed two weeks of rising numbers. It comes as a growing percentage of people taking the test come up positive for the disease. And it’s accompanied by a rise in emergency room visits for flu-like symptoms since early May, a closely watched statistic thought to represent the leading edge of the disease.

I think these red states should do whatever they want......

Old 06-17-2020, 06:42 AM

1,231 posts, read 446,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
They are desperately begging for more cases in red states in hopes they can have a second shut down. Meanwhile, all 11 states with over 400 deaths per million residents have Democrat Governors that locked them indoors to support full spread of the virus and then encouraged millions to loot and burn their Democrat controlled cities down to further spread the virus.
Sorry to tell you but is only the red States now that have coronavirus cases going up and they are forced to shut down their economies again well blue states are not having that problem right now because they are slowly still opening up and not overloading their Hospital systems the way Texas and Florida red States AR

Old 06-17-2020, 06:42 AM

23,630 posts, read 23,946,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I know nothing about Florida's virus, but the reason Texas has an increase in hospitalizations is because more people are going back into hospitals for procedures they put off during the shutdown, and now they are testing everyone. Therefore, more asymptomatic cases are being caught. The media is being misleading by implying that they hospitalizations are BECAUSE of the virus, which is not true. It's simply a case of the virus being present in hospitalized patients. The number of cases compared to testing, and number of deaths, show the true story - neither have spiked. Even with the misleading stats, the numbers are so small they can barely be considered a blip, given the size of Texas.

As for restaurants closing because their employees are testing positive, that is because tests are easier to get right now, so a restaurant owner can find out for sure if their employees have the virus. A few months ago, that wasn't an option.

I know the left so very desperately wants this virus to hit a second wave, but it's just not happening here in Texas.
I don't know why anyone is trusting the numbers from the media at this point. The entire situation has been so unbelievably politicized, and with the bias we KNOW exists in media, academia and government, trusting the numbers being reported is what really lazy or really stupid people do.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:45 AM

56,994 posts, read 25,952,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
We have no choice but to stay home forever.
I think there are a few more options. LOL

Old 06-17-2020, 06:46 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't know why anyone is trusting the numbers from the media at this point.
The numbers I posted are from the Texas.gov website.

But you are a free man, so you can choose to bury your head in the sand and scream "fake news, fake news.....".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think there are a few more options. LOL
Of course. No one is suggesting everyone has to stay home, and everything has to close down. However it is important people are informed about the situation so they can act accordingly. If people think the danger is over, they will stop taking precautions.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:01 AM

56,994 posts, read 25,952,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The damage shutdowns have done to our economy and society are so severe I just do not care what lefty thinks about covid at all. They want to say people like me are killing grandma then fine.....I simply don’t care. I hold the hand wringing, mask wearing blue state shutdown Hillary voters in such contempt that words cannot describe that level of contempt. Me caring what these people think of my views is about as ridiculous as an American in 1942 caring what a nazi thinks.
It doesn't matter what either of us think but we should pay attention to science. We need a phased reopening following the guidelines as that has seemed to work, jumping the line and taking shortcuts puts us back at the beginning.

I think we can put the claim that warm weather kills this virus to rest.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:04 AM

42,367 posts, read 17,702,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't know why anyone is trusting the numbers from the media at this point. The entire situation has been so unbelievably politicized, and with the bias we KNOW exists in media, academia and government, trusting the numbers being reported is what really lazy or really stupid people do.
This pandemic was politicized from Day 1 with WHO taking China's word that it was "contained" and could not spread person to person.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:06 AM

42,367 posts, read 17,702,831 times
Quote:
The numbers I posted are from the Texas.gov website.

But you are a free man, so you can choose to bury your head in the sand and scream "fake news, fake news.....".

Of course. No one is suggesting everyone has to stay home, and everything has to close down. However it is important people are informed about the situation so they can act accordingly. If people think the danger is over, they will stop taking precautions.
The majority already do think it's over and are not taking precautions as we can see from the spikes in states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies