Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2020, 02:43 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Trump has broken multiple laws.
let's hear them. the laws he has broken in the policies put in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 02:46 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Depends on who his VP pick is.

Cuz if Joe wins, he's going to be president for about ten minutes.

(Although, he may THINK he's served a full term)

And it's not just a day in my life that I worry about......

I have kids and grandkids.

I'd like them to grow up in some semblance of America.
Per the bolded --- I have grandkids, too, and I feel exactly the same way you do.

When Trump first announced he was running for president, I was surprised. I hadn't paid very much attention him prior to this but I was interested in hearing what he had to say. Much to my surprise, he wasn't running a third party campaign. He knew that third party candidates don't get any real traction in presidential elections.

When I heard what he had to say, it resonated with me. He wasn't afraid to tackle issues like out of control illegal immigration and a virtually wide open southern border.

Yet, I feared that he wouldn't get much traction and one of the establishment candidates would get the nomination. I know that the Bushes thought it would be a cakewalk for Jeb. When Trump threw a monkey wrench into that idea, I was very pleased to see that. When the primaries came along, my husband and I voted for Trump. We were both surprised and pleased to see him get the nomination.

I knew that I could no longer vote for a democrat. Bubba got my vote twice. Even though he was a sleazy dog, he knew what democrats stood for. He tried to do something about illegal immigration as he had a wall built on the San Diego/Tijuana border. He also created the Jordan Commission which came up with some great ideas. Yet, the swamp creatures on both sides of the aisle refused to implement them. I would have expected the dems to have backed him up, but they didn't. It was then that I began to notice that dems were putting illegals ahead of Americans. They were no longer my grandparents' or my parents' democrats. While neither party is looking out for Americans, I once expected and got, from dems much much more.

So...no question in my mind that on election day, Trump would have my vote. He didn't carry my state but in the end, he won. Again, I was pleasantly surprised as the polls and every lib poster on C-D were saying that Hillary would win. I admit I was afraid to look at the election results but when I did---wow!

Do I like everything Trump does and says? No. I wish he would lay off twitter, for example. And, yes, sometimes he says something that has me groaning.

Yet, I've seen how he has been under attack even before he was elected and those attacks have been continuing. I've never seen any president get attacked like he has been attacked---and that's saying a lot. Every president has had his detractors and it will always be that way. Yet, it has been especially fierce when it comes to Trump.

I won't make any predictions as to how the next election will end up, but Trump will have my vote.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:49 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I do. I'm far right, from eastern europe (couldn't be more of a cliche...) and I consider him orange disaster - even his said "jokes" aren't funny. It's hard finding a single positive thing about the grandpa aside from his supposed/alleged/debatable support for Israel. Oh yeah - the economy was good, but is it now?
Per the bolded---

Haven't you heard? We are in the middle of a pandemic. Every country in the world is now dealing with a bad economy due to this fact.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96
Depends on who his VP pick is.

Cuz if Joe wins, he's going to be president for about ten minutes.

(Although, he may THINK he's served a full term)

I was just watching a video and a Biden ad came up asking for people to sign up for his campaign. He looked old and worn and was talking slowly like he was recovering from a mini-stroke. Not joking. They must be using him as a placeholder for someone else..

Old 06-17-2020, 02:53 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You know I can live without reading his tweets, but I can't live without a good economy.

It's really that simple.

If you think the racist democrats will usher in a good economy, I have a few bridges to sell you.

Yep.

What Democrats can't seem to understand, is that many of people who voted for Trump in 2016 and will vote for him again in 2020 are what you would call reluctant supporters.....they'd rather have someone more to their liking, more "presidential".....but Trump is what they got.

And most of us don't really pay much attention to his tweets.

Personally, I don't even have a Twitter account.

We just know that Trump's policies on the whole are WORLDS better than the off the rails, certifiable nutcase agenda that has become the official policy of the Left.

And they are like a deer in headlights......no matter how many times we tell them that they're the issue...NOT Trump.......they just keep standing there waiting to get run over

Old 06-17-2020, 02:57 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
If you think the President has some huge impact on the economy or that there is some huge gulf between Republicans and Democrats you are kidding yourself.

Why do people think voting for President is like voting for dictator? Is that what you actually want? A president’s duty is to the law, not to changing the law.

You've stated over and over again in this thread that you don't think that Trump has any real power policy-wise.....

If that's really the case, why do you care if he gets reelected or not?

Why do you spend so much time bashing him if it doesn't make a difference anyways?

Old 06-17-2020, 03:07 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Yes, I am pretty far right, like for example I believe in the Constitution, and crazy notions like EQUAL RIGHTS for all, and the unrestricted right to bear arms in defense of self or country. Quaint ideas like Congress should make all laws. You know outdated values like that.

I think Trump is a racist, homophobic, white supremist, despotic oligarch tyrant terrorist, who is controlled by evangellical christian extremists who are h*ll bent on returning America to the 1950's. And now add he is also a genocidal moron for his criminally negligent handling of the covid pandemic. I think he is a danger to humanity and congress should have removed him six months ago as unfit to serve. But then most of Congress is just as bad or worse.

And our only relief apparently lies with a geriatric nincompoop who's main focus is taking guns and self defense rights from law abiding citizens.

We are soooo screwed...

Old 06-17-2020, 03:09 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Quote:
Yep.

What Democrats can't seem to understand, is that many of people who voted for Trump in 2016 and will vote for him again in 2020 are what you would call reluctant supporters.....they'd rather have someone more to their liking, more "presidential".....but Trump is what they got.

And most of us don't really pay much attention to his tweets.

Personally, I don't even have a Twitter account.

We just know that Trump's policies on the whole are WORLDS better than the off the rails, certifiable nutcase agenda that has become the official policy of the Left.

And they are like a deer in headlights......no matter how many times we tell them that they're the issue...NOT Trump.......they just keep standing there waiting to get run over
I suspect Trump’s Twitter followers are at least 75% Dems. It’s a part of Trump Derangement Syndrome to follow his Twwets. I will vote for him, and I don’t follow his Twitter.

I like his policies. I can’t stand his mouth. But at least he doesn’t have the history attacking Israel like Biden has.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:21 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times
i was a trump supporter because I thought he would be fiscally responsible, shrinking the deficit and reducing the role of the federal gov't.

then after he was elected, it quickly became apparent that it was all about him, him, him. all he cares about is the stock market, and he believes driving the interest rate down is the key to prosperity.
he thinks the trade war would bring jobs back, but anyone with more than 1 brain cell knows that jobs are not coming back en masse and will just go to the next lowest bidder in SE asia or India. so essentially all he did was put american companies out of business and goods more expensive for americans.
for a business man, he seemingly has no idea about economics or finance.

he promised to show his tax returns after the audit was over and he won the presidency, but then reneged and is now lobbying the supreme court to block it. not that I care about his taxes, but it shows that he is not a man of integrity.

lastly, his diplomacy and tactifulness is nonexistent an thus our international reputation has taken a hit. he's distanced us from our closest allies and divided the nation even more than obama did, and I did not think that was possible.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:04 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
You've stated over and over again in this thread that you don't think that Trump has any real power policy-wise.....

If that's really the case, why do you care if he gets reelected or not?

Why do you spend so much time bashing him if it doesn't make a difference anyways?
Because he is reaching beyond the scope of the presidency, does not respect the constitution, and is generally a highly distasteful person making our country a laughing stock of the world that will surely result in another "apology tour".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies