Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 12:06 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I won't say he is a bad POTUS, but he could be a better one.

Can't stand his tweets, his off the cuff statements (even if he means well) , the derogatory names he throws out and his repetitiveness while public speaking. Do I agree with all his decisions, nope...but that isn't any different than any other POTUS. He needs to just shut up once in a while and listen to the people around him.
Knowing now what I didn't back in 2016, I'd still vote for him. And I plan on voting for him in November.

Agreed.

What amazes me is how the completely tone deaf the Left is about all this.

Just think......

What does it say about Left wing ideology If most of the people who vote for a douchebag like Trump do so just to keep Liberals from getting elected and enacting their far left agenda.....and these people do so KNOWING what a douchebag he is?

And will DO IT AGAIN!!

Because the Left has gone full bat crap crazy!!

Lefties here:. Pay attention!!

You want someone to blame for a douchebag like Trump getting elected?

Try looking in the mirror
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The only alternative?

Just how different do you think your day to day life would be if Biden gets the nod rather than Trump?

Depends on who his VP pick is.

Cuz if Joe wins, he's going to be president for about ten minutes.

(Although, he may THINK he's served a full term)

And it's not just a day in my life that I worry about......

I have kids and grandkids.

I'd like them to grow up in some semblance of America.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:11 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Conservative SC nominees
Would have come from any Republican, because of the Senate control.

Quote:
Tax cuts
Introduced in Congress, not the job of the executive.

Quote:
Strong on border control
Talking about it anyway...then bypassing Congress on spending for it

Quote:
Tough on foreign trade policies
Pro-government intervention in economy

Quote:
Tough on Terrorism.
How...exactly? Terrorism has been on the increase in his term.
https://ourworldindata.org/terrorism...-united-states

Quote:
Booming economy and stock market prior to Covid-19 and stock market STILL HIGHER than Obama's BEST days despite Covid-19.

Low unemployment

Record low black unemployment.
Economy/market is largely just cyclical and should not see interference from the executive.

Quote:
Record numbers of economy and job killing regulations GONE
One potential bright spot, but more concerned about substance than sheer number.

Quote:
Strong on preservation of 2nd amendment......(the bump stock thing was a joke, a bone throw to the anti gun Left.... literally NOBODY cares about bump stocks)
You're telling me you're fine with someone that says: "Take the guns first, go through due process second,”. Then when Pence corrected him on due process, doubled down with "take the firearms first, and then go to court"

Quote:
Doesn't capitulate to off the rails left wing loons on things like climate change, green new deal, immigration.
Such change comes from the legislature not the executive.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:12 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Judge a tree by its fruit.

The tree is not the best in the groove, but the fruit is great.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:18 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Let's see here:
Trump has enacted gun control(bump stock ban) and said wants to be able to seize guns without due process.
Wants to weaken the 1st amendment so he can sue anyone who says anything bad about him.
Attacks social media(executive order is unconstitutional) and calls the free press the enemy of the people.
Wants to override governors on covid lockdowns and now on national guard call ups...no respect for states rights.
Is actively bypassing Congress on spending.
Wants to torture terrorists and their family members, doesn't think water boarding is tough enough.
Wants to end birthright citizenship.
Emoluments Clause violations
Campaign finance violations
Open solicitations of foreign interference
All the things he has been beat down on in the courts
etc

You have got to be joking. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth simultaneously. He is protecting America and the sanctity of the constitution and individual rights while at the same time calling out those who have overstepped their perceived privilege. He walked into a burning building when he took office and has been putting out fires - but the dems just want to continue to throw gasoline on the fire and burn everything down simply because they did not get their way. Get real or get out.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Right...and the "ends justify the means" approach is how you get a Hitler. Conservatives that supposedly believe in a limited government supporting someone praising authoritarians and displaying authoritarian tendencies himself reaching beyond his constitutional power is just unbelievable.

Lolz

The biggest con game the Left tries to pull off on the American people is the narrative that they're NOT Authoritarian.

Today's Democrats are just as bad, if not worse than the Right about shoving their ideology down people's throats via legislation and other means.

I'm old enough to remember when the Dem party stood for individual rights and freedom and HATED having someone else's morality thrust upon them

It's what attracted me to the Left when I was younger.

But as I got older, and the Left swung farther and farther left, I realized that they didn't really care about freedom so much as they just have a different notion of morality than the Right does.......and that they're really just PEACHY KEEN with shoving THEIR notion of morality down people's throats.

Freaking Hypocrites.

Like Reagan said:

"I didn't leave the Democrat party....

The Democrat party left me."

Last edited by FatBob96; 06-17-2020 at 12:39 PM..

Old 06-17-2020, 12:23 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
I do. I'm far right, from eastern europe (couldn't be more of a cliche...) and I consider him orange disaster - even his said "jokes" aren't funny. It's hard finding a single positive thing about the grandpa aside from his supposed/alleged/debatable support for Israel. Oh yeah - the economy was good, but is it now?

Old 06-17-2020, 12:27 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
George Will:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bbd_story.html

Bill Kristol:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...8f8_story.html

Mike Mattis
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/612640/

Old 06-17-2020, 12:28 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lolz

The biggest con game the Left tries to pull off on the American people is the narrative that they're NOT Authoritarian.

Today's Democrats are just as bad, if not worse than the Right about shoving their ideology down people's throats via legislation and other means.

I'm old enough to remember when the Dem party stood for individual rights and freedom and HATED having someone else's morality thrust upon them

It's what attracted me to the Left when I was younger.

But as I got older, and the Left swung farther and farther Left, I realized that they are just have a different notion of morality that the Right does.......and that they're really just PEACHY KEEN with shoving THEIR notion of morality down people's throats.

Freaking Hypocrites.
Agreed, as discussed in another thread both Republicans and Democrats are right authoritarian. But we're talking about the individual Trump vs not only the individual Biden but also against other Republicans who were going to primary Trump but were not supported. Trump is clearly talking like an authoritarian in the quotes I mentioned earlier.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Would have come from any Republican, because of the Senate control.

Introduced in Congress, not the job of the executive.

Talking about it anyway...then bypassing Congress on spending for it

Pro-government intervention in economy

How...exactly? Terrorism has been on the increase in his term.
https://ourworldindata.org/terrorism...-united-states

Economy/market is largely just cyclical and should not see interference from the executive.

One potential bright spot, but more concerned about substance than sheer number.

You're telling me you're fine with someone that says: "Take the guns first, go through due process second,”. Then when Pence corrected him on due process, doubled down with "take the firearms first, and then go to court"

Such change comes from the legislature not the executive.

None of it would have happened if Hillary was elected.

Nor will it continue if Biden is.

His statement on guns is disturbing but he hasn't actually ACTED on it in any given way.

Besides, he used to be a Democrat.....like me.

My opinions evolved over time.

(So did Obama's remember?)

So I can give him a pass on that.

And his tough rhetoric also helps Republicans in the House and Senate stick with the program.... because they know they'll have to answer to his supporters if they don't.

And I seriously don't think terrorism in the United States has been on the rise...... not unless you want to count antifa and the riots...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies