Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2020, 09:40 AM

97 posts, read 42,277 times

Advertisements

Just a mental health reminder that the media and the internet are only a segment of reality, they are not all of reality. There is so much anger and divissiveness (on both sides) that it's easy to lose track of that.
It helps just to get outside and see real people, living their lives, walking their dogs, shopping, laughing, playing with their kids.

Now that lockdowns are winding down and more people are going it out, it really just helps your sanity after you have spent time looking at the world that the media and the internet present to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 09:42 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
Just a mental health reminder that the media and the internet are only a segment of reality, they are not all of reality. There is so much anger and divissiveness (on both sides) that it's easy to lose track of that.
It helps just to get outside and see real people, living their lives, walking their dogs, shopping, laughing, playing with their kids.

Now that lockdowns are winding down and more people are going it out, it really just helps your sanity after you have spent time looking at the world that the media and the internet present to you.
LOL I tell people all the time to stop watching the media and actually go talk to people. The media makes you think all races hate each other and the klan is out there and that the virus is at your front door. It's all just brainwashing your mind.

Take a walk outside, go for a run, go on a nature trail. Turn off the news.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:48 AM

97 posts, read 42,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
LOL I tell people all the time to stop watching the media and actually go talk to people. The media makes you think all races hate each other and the klan is out there and that the virus is at your front door. It's all just brainwashing your mind.

It clicked for me once I realized that they are not in the business of informing you, they are in the business of getting your attention and/or pushing a narrative. Therefore everything is extreme! CNN has "BREAKING NEWS" so often that it has become meaningless.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:59 AM

322 posts, read 244,548 times
I agree completing. Social Media & the MSM is what's dividing this Nation.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:31 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

The MSM would have us believe that ALL blacks hate ALL whites, and SOME of those on the far right would like to have us believe that most blacks are violent thugs and that if many blacks are not rioting now, that will soon change.

Well, in the past two days, I have had the pleasure of speaking to two people in customer service positions who I am fairly sure were black, judging by their first names and the way they spoke (although, of course, I could be wrong about that!) -- and they were among the nicest and most efficient people I have ever dealt with.

I swear I am beginning to hate the MSM more and more every day!

Old 06-17-2020, 11:34 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
CNN has "BREAKING NEWS" so often that it has become meaningless.

The only thing on CNN that might classify as "breaking news" is Don Lemon announcing he has changed to a different brand of douche.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:

Another reason the media wants people shutdown... the become the access to the outside world.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:55 AM

5,173 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
It clicked for me once I realized that they are not in the business of informing you, they are in the business of getting your attention and/or pushing a narrative. ....
And what better way to get your undivided attention than to have you locked in your own home for weeks with nothing better to do than watch TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies