Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 06:26 AM

30,024 posts, read 18,596,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The left is the biggest enemy this country ever facced
Agreed-

This confrontation between leftist totalitarians and western civilization has been brewing over the last two decades.

This confrontation is perfectly timed before an election; the nation has a choice of descent into anarchy and mob rule or social order and the rule of law prevailing. With the administration of the rule of law, there needs to be an enforcement wing. They have the dirtiest job, as they come in direct daily contact with criminals.

Vote democrat if you prefer anarchy and totalitarianism. Vote for Trump if you prefer social order and individual rights.

Would you rather live in a city populated by cops or the George Floyds of the world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 06:28 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,176,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This could be a false rumor, but allegedly many Atlanta on duty cops are not responding to their radios and won't go to call ins unless another officer is already there and in trouble. If true, this could get ugly and this could see a spike in crime. Most victims will probably be minorities.

There is a shortage of cops nationwide and I don't think many people will rush into the profession.

It is all over Twitter and other forums.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-job/90525980/
Well, the liberals have demonized the police, made their job much more difficult, and are on the sides of the anti-police protesters, rioters, looters, and arson setters. Did they think that the police weren't going to change the way they do business?

Old 06-18-2020, 06:28 AM

24,373 posts, read 22,986,934 times
That DA needs to resign pending his disbarment.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:37 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,572,655 times
Good riddance. The Atlanta PD suck.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:12 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,415,671 times
Ferguson Effect coming to Atlanta.

Suck it up progressives; this is what you wanted. Too bad the rest of us have to suffer for it.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:15 AM

23,658 posts, read 13,854,634 times
Not surprised. It has been rather a thankless job for decades, perhaps with a gap here and there when people actually liked us..........but I think that would only exist when they aren't in the seat of the police officer saying they had done something wrong.

Back in the 80s, with me, it was a constant argument of essentially "HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE GALL TO SAY THAT I HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG!"

But back then, it was just local. I went home, I got my whiskey, I watched something on TV.

Now, it is with the Net, with the news, with the teletype across the bottom of the screen, so you can't get away from it. Now, it is no longer people arm chair quarterbacking you but them crucifying you from "Here's her name and address, make her famous!" to them prosecuting you for a decision you had to make in seconds.

Sooner or later, it had to happen.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 06-18-2020 at 07:24 AM..

Old 06-18-2020, 07:17 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,770,476 times
Atlanta Police Department
✔
@Atlanta_Police
Earlier suggestions that multiple officers from each zone had walked off the job were inaccurate. The department is experiencing a higher than usual number of call outs with the incoming shift. We have enough resources to maintain operations & remain able to respond to incidents.

Sorry righties, looks like you dystopian dreams are on hold.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:17 AM

12,920 posts, read 13,613,626 times
I guess if they can't kill black people it takes all the fun out of the job. That's what they are saying loud and clear. Either that or they don't want to work under the microscope like the rest of us.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:19 AM

289 posts, read 142,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This could be a false rumor, but allegedly many Atlanta on duty cops are not responding to their radios and won't go to call ins unless another officer is already there and in trouble. If true, this could get ugly and this could see a spike in crime. Most victims will probably be minorities.

There is a shortage of cops nationwide and I don't think many people will rush into the profession.

It is all over Twitter and other forums.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-job/90525980/
Good for them! Maybe the mayor can gather up some social workers to respond to crimes.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:22 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,593,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Good riddance. The Atlanta PD suck.
Fire those Cops !

https://media2.giphy.com/media/HmY5vP7hXP5ba/source.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies