Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 09:35 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Exactly. A nationwide strike by law enforcement for about six months will be about right.
+1

The sooner the better. Let liberals patrol the streets, since they think it's so easy to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 09:35 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
That's a very narrow-minded way of viewing someone's pain. But hey, if you think you'd be saying the same thing if it were black cops murdering white women in the street, then fine. But I doubt you'd be singing the same tune.
Given that's something that happens, we know that in fact we'd be saying nothing at all about it because no one cares when that happens.

If a white person attacks cops and is killed, it might make local news for a night, but that's about it.

There's a reason why people are up in arms about an armed black man who attacked cops and got shot for it and no one cares about the completely unarmed white man who was shot in the back twice by 2 black cops in Chicago....and why there's charges against the Atlanta cops already and no charges against the 2 Chicago cops despite the fact they shot the man in February.

Only certain lives matter, and they only matter when they can be used to push political narratives and raise funds for Democrats.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:37 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
For the same reason officers were called when the guy was "asleep" in his car in the Wendy's drive thru. The guy got violent with officers.

Things are not always what they appear to be and can get out of control and violent quickly.
If shoplifters get violent shouldn't store security just let them go and track them?

Old 06-18-2020, 09:38 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
+1

The sooner the better. Let liberals patrol the streets, since they think it's so easy to do.
So if we, as citizens, shoot and kill the liberals (acting as a police force) is that going to be supported and okay? They will essentially be the police and it should, by liberal standards, be open season on them.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:42 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
And that is a group of people are STILL unequal in the site of the law and other institutions. For no other reason than the color of their skin.
It's not about their skin color.

It's about their (ghetto) culture which reveres crime and criminals.

I doubt any one has problems with law abiding, average Joe black guys/people. I sure don't, I had an awesome black (career military) family as a down the street neighbor in a pretty much all white neighborhood, they kicked ass. We were all sorry when they left.

My youngest kid dated for almost 3 yr a lovely, respectful, hardworking black kid; I was sad when they broke up. He came from a single parent, section 8 home yet by age 22 had bought a house (no help from anyone) in a very nice section and had been with the railroad since age 18.

Just two anecdotal examples from my own life. I could cite many more.

It's about respectability for me, not "skin color". Jeez who CARES what race someone is, if they're living an ordinary law abiding life?!

Old 06-18-2020, 09:43 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The Atlanta shooting was justified but the mayor sacrificed the cops for political gain. If I was a cop, especially one in Atlanta or NYC, I'd find another line of work. It's clear that you are reviled by your leaders and will be thrown under the bus.
I don't think we can say the shooting was justified. That has to be investigated per normal procedure. But i think its safe to say the Mayor's and DA response was not justified, its absolutely ridiculous political move to bow to the violent mob. Somehow these Democratic officials have to make it the fault of Conservatives and Racism. It's how they stay in power and keep the support of an incredibly ignorant voting group who keeps voting the same idiots into power year after year.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:43 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Given that's something that happens, we know that in fact we'd be saying nothing at all about it because no one cares when that happens.

If a white person attacks cops and is killed, it might make local news for a night, but that's about it.

There's a reason why people are up in arms about an armed black man who attacked cops and got shot for it and no one cares about the completely unarmed white man who was shot in the back twice by 2 black cops in Chicago....and why there's charges against the Atlanta cops already and no charges against the 2 Chicago cops despite the fact they shot the man in February.

Only certain lives matter, and they only matter when they can be used to push political narratives and raise funds for Democrats.
the reason is white people only bring up white victims of police in response to black people. If "All Lives Matter" then white people should be raising hell about one of there own being unjustly gunned down by police. Instead, yall sit there and let it happen, because you're okay with it happening to black people too.

Black people go out and march and protest this stuff. Yall have this idea that the media says "hey, we're going to be at the corner of ____ & ____....black people come here and protest". It's the other way around. People protest, the media shows up. Just like when white people protested the lockdowns, the media showed up.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If shoplifters get violent shouldn't store security just let them go and track them?
Per the liberals, yes.

I'm actually all for disbanding police departments IF two things occur:

1. Each police officer is given full retirement equal to having worked 30 years on the job because they deserve it, and

2. Private citizens are given immunity from arrest and prosecution when we protect ourselves and our communities (translated: they'll be a lot less criminals, savages and thugs running our streets ).

Old 06-18-2020, 09:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the reason is white people only bring up white victims of police in response to black people. If "All Lives Matter" then white people should be raising hell about one of there own being unjustly gunned down by police. Instead, yall sit there and let it happen, because you're okay with it happening to black people too.

Black people go out and march and protest this stuff. Yall have this idea that the media says "hey, we're going to be at the corner of ____ & ____....black people come here and protest". It's the other way around. People protest, the media shows up. Just like when white people protested the lockdowns, the media showed up.
It doesn't get media coverage. How many times must that be stated?

White people were outraged when George Floyd was murdered but you're conveniently ignoring that.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So if we, as citizens, shoot and kill the liberals (acting as a police force) is that going to be supported and okay? They will essentially be the police and it should, by liberal standards, be open season on them.
You bet. Let's level the playing field, shall we!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies