Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 02:33 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,999,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Nothing suggests the officers were aware of his history.
nothing suggests they did not........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Let's stop trying to justify murder. If anyone has an ounce of truth in them, they wouldn't want their loved one murdered because they ran a stop sign or reached for their wallet. Let's be real. So let's stop with the, "He had a record" BS. He is no less a human being. We have celebrities with records. We have judges, doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc. with records.

Just because he is black with a record doesn't mean he is disposable. I don't care if he went to prison for murder and served his time in jail and was released. If he is no longer a threat, he deserves to live. Black or white.

Following the line of thinking that once bad always bad, then why have prisons? Just build gas chambers and be done with it.
just because he is black does not meAN HE IS NOT A DANGEROUS CRIMINAL EITHER...........

Old 06-18-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Erm..
The way this country operates - hard to tell the difference.
I only know what I saw, the way the whole "Justice system" in America is set.

That is when you are poor, you are a step away from prison.

And Blacks are mostly poor.

However, let good Lord sort it all out for you, I think I've said all I wanted, so I am done here.

P.S. I am a woman and I don't have a daughter, I have a son.

It was his girl-friend who got violent actually once, but police was about to jump to her defense automatically - they were not particularly interested who was right and who was wrong.
that would be "sexist" then right?

Old 06-18-2020, 02:45 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,959 times
shot him in the back, kicked him then stood on his shoulder. People are still defending the cop for what happened in this incident? LOL

Old 06-18-2020, 02:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
shot him in the back, kicked him then stood on his shoulder. People are still defending the cop for what happened in this incident? LOL
You conveniently and tellingly leave out all the other details.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

Old 06-18-2020, 02:48 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,097 times
Quote:
How conveniently that you forget to mention the part where the criminal aimed the taser at the cop. Makes a pretty big difference, eh?

It was a well-justified shoot. The cop only got charged because of current political reasons.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Try as i have I cannot find that video or eyewitness who shows him being kicked or the police "standing" on him...............

Old 06-18-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Try as i have I cannot find that video or eyewitness who shows him being kicked or the police "standing" on him...............
the information was presented by the Fulton County DA Paul Howard during a press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3UpyiXNuwE

I figured everybody here knew all this information since people have such strong opinions. Guess I was wrong.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:54 PM

493 posts, read 190,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
That's fine -say he was a terrible person -but the arresting cops can't be the judge, jury and executioner.. we all have a right to have our day in court.
So tiresome. When you fight the police, steal their Taser, and run away while pointing the stolen Taser at the police, whatever happens next is on you.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
How conveniently that you forget to mention the part where the criminal aimed the taser at the cop. Makes a pretty big difference, eh?

It was a well-justified shoot. The cop only got charged because of current political reasons.
No it doesn't make a difference. Guy is running away trying to flee, he's not trying to engage the police. You also leave out the fact that the cop wreckless shooting his little gun shot and hit a car that had a family in it that was there at the Wendy's as well. You think you can hit somebody behind you with a taser while drunk and running?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies