Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 09:26 AM

26,456 posts, read 15,049,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
I'm not weighing in whether it is lawful or unlawful but there is precedent for it here in Seattle and elsewhere, stretching back decades before the era of worldwide internet. Educate yourself.

I personally don't favor the tactic but it is nothing like insecure trolls desperately portray it here. Ironically the attention only makes such tactics more effective, not less.
You said you weren't sure who I was referring to when I said lawless when I was talking about CHOP in a thread about CHOP. You are back tracking.

The silence and acceptance of violence and erosion of liberty by the left has been deafening.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
President Trump should send in Tripp’s to retake the area. American citizens own property in the insurgent controlled zone. The government of Seattle and Washington state is delinquent in its duty to protect the rights of US citizens. Federal forces should do it against the will of the leftist government of Washington state. The federal forces should be rough with the insurgents....let the images of them bloodied and running and hiding from the Troops get aired everywhere as a warning to radical leftists everywhere not to try this again.
I say no. Risking a Tiannamen Square type incident.

Just cut off their damn power and cell service !
Problem solved.

13,674 posts, read 7,970,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake," Napoleon Bonapart

President Trump's re-election is guaranteed as the Left and the Democrats show how deranged and dangerous they are. The longer this goes on, the greater President Trump's margin of victory will be.

This is Seattle's mess. Let them clean it up. At some point the middle/upper class white kids will become tired of playing activist. They will see the area becoming more dangerous and flee.

Then it will be mostly those who a month ago were panhandling that will be calling the shots.

This is when CHOP starts getting very ugly.

fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,909,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Inner city violence substantially declined all over the US during the Giuliani years. It made no diff what strategy or lack of strategy was used.
Never mind that Sandra visited Seattle once 20 years ago, a trip during which she apparently saw every corner of the city and thus can speak authoritatively on Seattle then and now.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:30 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,148 times
Quote:
No, there is not "immense property destruction" going on. This is a lie. Right-wing outlets have run photos of destruction taken in other cities and claimed it was on Capitol Hill. Seattle downtown saw damage the first night of the protests, but this has not occurred on Cap Hill.
Every video or picture I have seen, even in left leaning outlets, has graffiti all over property. On streets, barricades, buildings, stores, sidewalks...everywhere. How is that not considered 'property destruction?'

Old 06-19-2020, 09:40 AM
fnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Every video or picture I have seen, even in left leaning outlets, has graffiti all over property. On streets, barricades, buildings, stores, sidewalks...everywhere. How is that not considered 'property destruction?'
Yeah, there's definitely graffiti. The difference is that graffiti is fairly easily and cheaply removed. Much of the graffiti is on plywood covering the buildings, and much of the street graffiti is chalk. But this area has always been a high graffiti zone with ever-changing wall murals etc. One man's graffiti is another man's art.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:58 AM

9,466 posts, read 10,793,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I say no. Risking a Tiannamen Square type incident.

Just cut off their damn power and cell service !
Problem solved.
I have no problem if some of the insurgents lose their lives. This would only reinforce the fact that they cannot do this in the USA

Old 06-19-2020, 10:16 AM
fnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I have no problem if some of the insurgents lose their lives. This would only reinforce the fact that they cannot do this in the USA
This is a monstrous thing to say.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:08 AM

13,674 posts, read 7,970,440 times
Quote:
Yeah, there's definitely graffiti. The difference is that graffiti is fairly easily and cheaply removed. Much of the graffiti is on plywood covering the buildings, and much of the street graffiti is chalk. But this area has always been a high graffiti zone with ever-changing wall murals etc. One man's graffiti is another man's art.

Fine but it's not o.k. to spray-paint on someone else's property. If the City of Seattle doesn't care about spray-painting public buildings and/or sidewalks so be it.

The problem is when "street artists" decide to deface the side of someone's apartment building, store or home. They don't own the property.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:18 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
This area is not confined to the six blocks. In all directions N, S, E, W there are additional blocks and blocks of boarded up buildings. All of those have been spray painted on. Sidewalks are damaged and the trees are bare. The area is full of violent people yelling at one another. I was challenged to fight one talk black man screaming at me the usual "come on mf...." I was able to say I was a nurse and he let me into the center of this miserable concoction of slum homeless and the anti social. There are guns, knives and I would surmise more that this. Rather than the summer of love in the Mayors words these degenerates are looking for a fight....any fight.

I was in Sarajevo before the war. it reminded me of this. No snipers as luck would have it.

This is a devastated area. It will take millions of dollars to rebuild. Pikes Place Market is down Pine street and is essentially shuttered.

After being there, seeing with my own eyes, I can report to you that the destruction of this community in about 2 square miles is a foul smelling on your guard area. There is a feeing of threat and danger. It's hard to fathom that it is located is a major city in the United States.

It is tragic and intentional.
This is what the dem party wants to do to the entire nation. Thankfully, their national tantrum handed the election to Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.