Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 02:38 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times

Advertisements

Yeah like I don't know if you realized this, but businesses in the city have been closed since March? For reasons having nothing to do with protests or the CHAZ? Hello?

Old 06-18-2020, 02:39 PM

97 posts, read 42,277 times
It's amazing the people who live there have put up with this as long as they have

Old 06-18-2020, 02:39 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
What's the goal of these people? So misguided.

Also, it is absolutely hilarious that they put up concrete block wall barriers to divide their "country" from the US. Yet, these people are the first ones who would cry about Trump wanting to put a wall up between the US and Mexico. These people seem like children/pitiful.

Wonder what the end result will be here...

Will Trump send in the military? If he does, it will be over and they will clear out quick.
Can’t send in the military. The Left and media would be outraged and claim atrocity.

Funny though, if this group was a white separatist group that did this, the Left would be screaming for the Feds to come in and wipe them out.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:13 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Lol, the bedpans must have been really smelly today.

Businesses are still closed because of the pandemic, by the way. Maybe you don't realize that since you don't live in Seattle.
Once again your snark and irrelevance shows up. One must live in Seattle I guess to enlighten people.

Note to self.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah like I don't know if you realized this, but businesses in the city have been closed since March? For reasons having nothing to do with protests or the CHAZ? Hello?
Once again, incorrect and irrelevant to the subject of this thread.

The businesses are boarded up due to the riots. Numerous and various forms of barriers are covered with graffiti and worse...many are broken and defaced. Thats the pandemic? sure you bet uh huh.

You see the display of denial. Guess if it's a problem they have to do something about it.

I guess they like the way their city looks.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:30 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
https://m.facebook.com/realCharlieKi...339798%2F&_rdr

Here’s their most recent tourism video

Old 06-18-2020, 03:42 PM

I did forget to say that people are sleeping on city streets all around Chaz. It is the worst thing I've seen in an American city.....even in L.A. it's organized on some level. This is simple failure.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:46 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
This area is not confined to the six blocks. In all directions N, S, E, W there are additional blocks and blocks of boarded up buildings. All of those have been spray painted on. Sidewalks are damaged and the trees are bare. The area is full of violent people yelling at one another. I was challenged to fight one talk black man screaming at me the usual "come on mf...." I was able to say I was a nurse and he let me into the center of this miserable concoction of slum homeless and the anti social. There are guns, knives and I would surmise more that this. Rather than the summer of love in the Mayors words these degenerates are looking for a fight....any fight.

I was in Sarajevo before the war. it reminded me of this. No snipers as luck would have it.

This is a devastated area. It will take millions of dollars to rebuild. Pikes Place Market is down Pine street and is essentially shuttered.

After being there, seeing with my own eyes, I can report to you that the destruction of this community in about 2 square miles is a foul smelling on your guard area. There is a feeing of threat and danger. It's hard to fathom that it is located is a major city in the United States.

It is tragic and intentional.
So from your experience would I only be allowed in if I first profusely apologized for having been born a white upper middle class female?

Old 06-18-2020, 03:47 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
I wonder if the press is being kept away?

Are they actually restricting ingress/egress?? How do they determine who they let in??

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 06-18-2020 at 04:05 PM..

Old 06-18-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Taking pics would have endangered him. He was in there under the disguise of being a nurse. If they saw him taking pics, it would have blown his cover.

Anyway, that was very brave of you AADAD. I hope you were packing some heat, just in case.
No heat. Medic stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies