Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 06:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I'm in one of most conservative towns in NJ. Everyone is wearing masks when necessary... neighbors down the street are Trump supporters even (believe it or not not all conservatives here like Trump) wear masks when necessary.

I think it is less to do politically and more on whether or not you understand science and medical advice or distrust them. Needless to say Trump has outwardly created distrust in the science/medical community.
No. They did that themselves. Have they been right about anything? And why are many of them now endorsing mass protests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 06:19 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Well since this pandemic is world wide, I would suggest Trump rethink his stance. One only has to look at the current state of Brazil to see what foolishness will bring up. You can't trust Dr. Trump when his medical license is stamped Trump University.

I hate wearing a mask but do it because I don't want to get it or give it to others.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:23 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I hope you don't need to fly or shop at certain popular stores then. What a reckless frame of mind, what exactly are YOU afraid of, by the way? Looking weak?

Good luck with that, considering cases are spiking in your area.

I don't live in a mass urban area. On any given day when I'm out and about I would say the ratio of people wearing masks to those who are not is right about 50/50. I practice social distancing.

Are you the type that would wear a mask while you were out fishing on a beautiful day more than 100 feet away from the next closest person?

Like I said, people can live in fear if they want to. I choose not to.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:23 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,571,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm curious to see if the crowd behind trump at the tulsa rally will be wearing masks. since we know the campaign team picks who goes back there for specific optics so my guess is that they'll all be wearing trump branded masks. but..... it wouldn't take much to convince me that trump doesn't want a sea of masks behind him and will insist they don't wear them.

My guess is that he won't have a crowd directly behind him. He'll be elevated and everyone else will be down below and a distance away. They will probably hand out MAGA masks or similar.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:29 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,052,987 times
Hey, just because Trump has a small one doesn't mean that people should have to wear masks to protest his diminutive status. There are much more sensible ways to object to the President's incompetence and lack of sexual prowess.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:29 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I don't wear a mask because I believe the COVID threat is a completely overblown fabrication of the leftist media. My decision has nothing to do with Trump. If you want to continue living in fear go right ahead.

I will wear one at work as it is protocol, but never on my own terms.
Good for you. I do the same.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:37 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
I wear masks when necessary because I don't want to get sick and don't want to get people around me sick.

If masks hurt Trumps insecure feelings well, that would just be a bonus.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:48 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
What an incredible narcissist. He thinks someone's desire to remain healthy and be a responsible member of society is all about him.

It's all about him.
Oh sure. Today when I went food shopping and put on my mask the first thing I thought was "I hope this shows trump how much I can't stand him."

No, it was more like "I am going out. There is a pandemic. Don't forget to wear the mask!"

He is just so twisted. I happen to know people who voted for him who wear masks. They are not trying to annoy trump They are trying to stay safe and keep others safe.

So are the rest of us.

It's sad that there is a world leader - the president of the US, that refuses to follow normal health safety procedures.

What comforts me is that ONLY 27% of Americans voted for this raving paranoid lunatic.

TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE in THE MINORITY.

I keep saying that. Like a mantra. Over and over. Makes me feel better Only 27%.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:49 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Trump thinks Americans wear masks to show disapproval of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
What an incredible narcissist. He thinks someone's desire to remain healthy and be a responsible member of society is all about him.

It's all about him.
I agree with you. He thinks the world revolves around him. He has a lot of arrogance.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:01 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
No mask-earns you the "Darwin Award".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies