Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 10:24 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times

Advertisements

This is a perfect example of how TRULY enormous Donald Trump's ego is.

We are currently in the middle of the biggest pandemic facing America in decades. Health professionals nationwide and across the planet are saying that wearing a mask is the best way to avoid contracting coronavirus if you go out in public.

So, people are wearing masks to avoid getting COVID19.

And yet Trump somehow finds a way to make it about him, claiming that people wearing masks are somehow protesting against him.

Donald Trump is a crazy person. He's nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 10:27 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I don't wear a mask because I believe the COVID threat is a completely overblown fabrication of the leftist media. My decision has nothing to do with Trump. If you want to continue living in fear go right ahead.

I will wear one at work as it is protocol, but never on my own terms.
You've surely convinced me that you really, truly believe all that. Absolutely amazing but not surprising.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
the masks seem to represent this - (from what I gather) -

Masks are a symbol of this pandemic (covid)
Masks are masks, they are a symbol of medical science applied to a situation, if anything.

Quote:
The pandemic has been overplayed and overblown and frankly used for political purposes, the most blatant one being - protesting in huge groups is a patriotic duty, but a Trump rally is going to kill people with covid.

Hypocrites!
This is a distortion.

The pandemic was not overblown, it actually is as bad as predicted, and far, far worse than Trump claimed it would turn out to be.

The large groups protesting injustice are basically exercising their rights to protest, not as a patriotic duty but as a grievance, and if the protesters do not wear masks and practice social distancing they are simply as wrong as anyone else.

Our common duty is to allow peaceful protests and respect their rights. Vandals and thieves are not peaceful protesters, vandals and thieves are just criminals operating under the cover of a public protest.

Quote:
So some of these things they are making us do like wear masks, are a political tool.
Not even once, not ever. Wearing the mask is just common sense. It is a fallacy that it has somehow become a political tool, I can't imagine how that idea started in this country.

Trump (probably inadvertently) politicized the mask because of his vanity, or possibly because he is trying to downplay the seriousness of the epidemic which has killed 120,000 people under his watch. He doesn't want to be seen with one on and doesn't want Pence or anyone else in his close staff to wear one in public.

It looks very much (to me) like Trump supporters are emulating him, and using the lack of a mask as a symbol of solidarity with him. So in effect the 'political tool' idea comes from Trump. Mask wearers are, wisely, people who refuse to believe the lies about the harmlessness of the virus, or perhaps are just erring on the side of caution, and appear to be therefore suspected by Trump as political enemies.

This has nothing to do with the general public. Which is just a large bunch of people who don't want to spread the virus around.

Note the irony of Trump discouraging the use of masks by his staff but requiring daily testing of them all. The rest of us don't have the luxury of daily testing, so I don't know if I might be inadvertently be spreading it to you, or my grandchildren, or picking it up from you or my grandchildren.

The mask deflects a cough or sneeze and greatly reduces (but does not eliminate) the possibility of any of us transmitting something to any of us.

I can't get daily testing, and I don't expect to ever get daily testing like they have in the white house, so I wear a mask where and when it is recommended.

Quote:
One thing I do believe - I hate these dang things. I cant breathe.. too stuffy even the thin paper ones.
That is a fact.

I hate them too, my glasses fog up and it makes breathing more difficult. A lot of people around where I live are wearing bandannas and scarves, I might switch if I can find one of a suitable fabric.

Last edited by Hesychios; 06-19-2020 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: clarity on one point

Old 06-19-2020, 10:46 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh that's rich. You have to wear one at work and you believe that Covid is over blown? Do you wear one in the store? It's mandatory here in all public places. No mask, no service. Overblown? Hardly. Read about the virus instead of drinking the political koolaid. You might broaden your horizons. Pandemics should never be a political issue. This is a medical issue. Follow the science.

Mean girl Trump can be the tough guy all he wants, but the reality is that he is tested and everyone around him is tested regularly. Everyone around him off camera are wearing masks and he's hiding in a safe place social distancing.

It's the covidiots out there acting irresponsibly that are prolonging this pandemic and are a further drain on our economy. Stupid is as stupid does.
And tax money is paying for his daily tests. He doesn't need to worry about medical bills either.

DJT is old enough to remember the polio scares of the 50s. Guess Fred's money protected him.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:55 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Trump thinks Americans wear masks to show disapproval of him.

Not surprising.
He thinks the sun comes up just to hear him crow.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:34 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I know it must be a Herculean task, trying to come up with new defenses for Trump and all of his idiotic behavior, day after day after day afterdayafterday.....but this is a really lame attempt.
Now this ^^^^is laughable. You deliberately lied in your subject line. When caught, you are now trying to deflect. I'll tell you what is "lame" --- it's your poor attempt at deflecting.

It must be hard having Trump living in your head 24/7 and rent free to boot.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:43 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Now this ^^^^is laughable. You deliberately lied in your subject line. When caught, you are now trying to deflect. I'll tell you what is "lame" --- it's your poor attempt at deflecting.

It must be hard having Trump living in your head 24/7 and rent free to boot.
Oh, I "lied". Ok, Trumper, whatever you say.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:34 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Oh, I "lied". Ok, Trumper, whatever you say.
I'm glad to see that you admit to lying in your subject line. Excellent! You're making progress

Old 06-19-2020, 01:48 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,653,525 times
Lost me at "Trump thinks..." Seriously, I thought he just incoherently parrots whatever he last saw on Faux News!

Old 06-19-2020, 03:18 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Ego-maniac for sure. In the meantime, he has everyone around him tested daily.
I can't wait for a tell-all book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies