Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 07:33 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
now you're getting very emotional and irrational. you're barely coherent. I not only know more about the petition than you do, I am much more educated on the topic. that's why you were put in your place nice and early in the thread. I will reiterate what I said early in the thread before you hijacked it and, once again, made it about black people.

this petition is ridiculous.
Sorry but you're projecting your issues on others. Hahaha @ much more educated? Because you read Huff Post? You and others tried to make it about black people but now you are trying to lie. I am the one who said over and over that this primarily South Asian focused. Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 07:33 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,315 times
The excesses of the left are all coming out at once.

This is #metoo for 2020. A mass racism-panic with everyone clamouring for attention.

Just like #metoo, it will burn out because of its own over-reach.

Two years from now, assuming Trump wins again, we will look back at embarrassment of how much overreaction there was and indulgence of this garbage.

Two years from now if Biden is president, however, there will likely be special commissions and jobs for all those unemployed social studies and race theory majors, sniffing out the culture to find hidden racism in every corner.

There is no middle ground anymore.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:35 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Sorry but you're projecting your issues on others. Hahaha @ much more educated? Because you read Huff Post? You and others tried to make it about black people but now you are trying to lie. I am the one who said over and over that this primarily South Asian focused. Get over it.
I read huffpost like I read the onion. it, like you, exist solely for my amusement. and again, read up buttercup. you arbitrarily brought up black people. I never once mentioned black people until your unwarranted and bizarre diatribe. I didn't do anything except post a link to a petition I found hilarious.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I read huffpost like I read the onion. it, like you, exist solely for my amusement. and again, read up buttercup. you arbitrarily brought up black people. I never once mentioned black people until your unwarranted and bizarre diatribe. I didn't do anything except post a link to a petition I found hilarious.
Nope. Stop lying. My initial post had nothing to do with black people but I later replied to the posters who brought up black people in relation to this. You got all up in arms about that. So you showed where you stood.

My reply to you was that everything isn't American-centered. Fair & Lovely affects people worldwide, especially South Asians.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:43 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Nope. Stop lying. My initial post had nothing to do with black people but I later replied to the posters who brought up black people in relation to this. You got all up in arms about that. So you showed where you stood.

My reply to you was that everything isn't American-centered. Fair & Lovely affects people worldwide, especially South Asians.
I smacked you down somewhere around page 2. you can try to erase your comments, but it's probably too late at this point. I never once brought up black people. you then started screaming at me about what I said about black people because your reading comprehension is lacking.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I smacked you down somewhere around page 2. you can try to erase your comments, but it's probably too late at this point. I never once brought up black people. you then started screaming at me about what I said about black people because your reading comprehension is lacking.
You did absolutely nothing as you are clueless about the Fair & Lovely issue. No one screamed at you. lol. Look at you playing the victim. You ran in when I corrected someone who assumed this was about black people. That bothered you.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:02 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
That's an advertisement at the top of the page. The focus is the Fair & Lovely petition. The article says in the wake of anti-racist and anti blackness movements, meaning that they are drawing from the movements. However, if you know anything about Fair & Lovely, it is strongly marketed in South Asia. That's the reason why so many of the supporters have South Asian names.
What is it advertising? Its a statement.
They are using the incident with a black person to promote the petition. They brought black into it.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What is it advertising? Its a statement.
They are using the incident with a black person to promote the petition. They brought black into it.
The petition is written by South Asian and concerns a product that is predominantly used by South Asians. There is a South Asian woman dead smack in the middle of the page, on the Fair and Lovely product. Just because they mentioned the current issues does not make this about black people. However, I do see that you all will take anything and try to make it about black people. The obsession is real.

ETA: It is advertising the other petition. It is encouraging people click the link to another page.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 06-19-2020 at 08:21 AM..

Old 06-19-2020, 08:53 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,197,532 times
Colorism or strong favoritism to light skin is an ancient practice and bias in parts of the Eastern world. Introduced to America through racism, hence you will hear it being called the daughter of the latter.

I had to google what Fair and Lovely was, and indeed, its based in South Asia, India rooted specifically. Well, it's about time. You could go on youtube seeing Indian women making their reviews and promoting it with impunity. I predict East Asia for their own color issues and also eye-fold upliftment surgeries will too be subpoenaed next.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Colorism or strong favoritism to light skin is an ancient practice and bias in parts of the Eastern world. Introduced to America through racism, hence you will hear it being called the daughter of the latter.

I had to google what Fair and Lovely was, and indeed, its based in South Asia, India rooted specifically. Well, it's about time. You could go on youtube seeing Indian women making their reviews and promoting it with impunity. I predict East Asia for their own color issues and also eye-fold upliftment surgeries will too be subpoenaed next.
U.S. racism mainly comes through the attempt to extend the taxonomy system to humans and then was exacerbated by the attempt justify slavery. So it is far less a product of the Eastern world that it is the creation of Westerners.

Not denying that colorism did and still does exist in the East though. But yes, Fair & Lovely has been around for sometime. There have been people speaking out against it for awhile but they hadn't been as successful as hoped. You'll see some Bollywood stars that have promoted it in the past, which is pretty disappointing. Priyanka Chopra, for example, has promoted Fair & Lovely but now is speaking out against the current events. Interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies