Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 10:31 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
all those woke companies. all those list of "black owned businesses." I have been given a template for how not to spend my money. thank you. I will seek out companies that are white owned, and if I was considering a product from a minority owned business in the past, I am not now.
Nah dude, wrong view. Blacks who own businesses have more in common with us law abiding average folks than they do with the ghetto scum. Supporting them is supporting their success.

The ones we should not support would never own a business (except drug sales).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 10:38 AM

1,455 posts, read 2,496,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Many people outside of Portland wish the city and metro area could be chopped off the state map. Washington can have it.

If that was to happen, the rest of Oregon would be a swing state where conservative votes actually make a difference.

Well as a fellow Oregonian, I disagree.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:40 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Oh no! Not King George!

Old 06-19-2020, 10:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
all those woke companies. all those list of "black owned businesses." I have been given a template for how not to spend my money. thank you. I will seek out companies that are white owned, and if I was considering a product from a minority owned business in the past, I am not now.
Now why would you want to hurt black business owners? That makes no sense.

If anything, go after the large corporations saying they're supporting BLM by pointing out that BLM sends hundreds of millions of dollars to Democrats, and since they're obviously announcing to the world what their political stand is, you'll go elsewhere.

Black business owners are just trying to make it like the rest of us are.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:42 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
I am still behind the basic principals that are the reasons for the protests (the whole idea of police reform). And I was all for people holding signs, doing marches, the push for legal change to dial back police brutality, the push to recognize where there is still racism in the US, etc. But nonsense like this is making me less and less interested in showing support.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:44 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I am still behind the basic principals that are the reasons for the protests (the whole idea of police reform). And I was all for people holding signs, doing marches, the push for legal change to dial back police brutality, the push to recognize where there is still racism in the US, etc. But nonsense like this is making me less and less interested in showing support.
Agreed. Do they not realize that they aren't gaining fans by doing stuff like this?

Old 06-19-2020, 10:46 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
I'm so over this nonsense.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:47 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
I hope these stupid leftists continue their cancel culture at least until they go far back enough to cancel the Democrat Party.
Don't waste your or my time time trying to say there was a "big switch" as we have proven that is yet another big lie of the Left many times already.

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Ugh this country is going downhill fast.
A mental illness of self hatred is sweeping the nation. It's hard to believe these Antifa groups are US citizens. How did they get so brainwashed and detached from society? Trump will get a huge surge from the radicalized leftists being on full display. We want law and order and a civilized nation. We're not perfect, nobody is, but we're not going to burn this country down either.

Trump is going to have to step in to show strength against this group, democrat leaders are feckless, some even encourage this.

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
We have lost the west coast. It is not even America there anymore.
They started to do that here but the locals shut it down after two days. Turns out these cowards don't like actual fighting with biker gangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies