Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 06:24 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,735,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well, it seems like theY are pretty incompetent in identifying the right candidates. The company should fire the whole HR team if that many of their hires are let go. You know what the wasted time and training is costing that company because of an incompetent HR? On the other hand, he could have been just lying.
I called him out on that, the way you do.

He said they are hiring hundreds on average every month, using resumes, past job history, and interviews.
Most new hires work out, but with the high numbers, there will be some who just can't cut it. I can't prove if he was lying or not, but I knew him for years and he was very low-key, no ego, and trustworthy. Nevertheless, this post is still just anecdotal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 06:25 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As is you're habit, you weren't wrong. The societal issues in black America are at the heart of their inability to prosper on average.

If I had the means, I would love love love to start up the following program for all American youth, but specifically targeting blacks. I would dare them to:
  • Do not commit any crimes, period.
  • Graduate high school. If possible go to college.
  • Do not have sex until they're married.
  • Do not get married until they're 20.
  • After they're 20, go find love and definitely do get married. Definitely do have kids.
  • Make an unbreakable promise with your spouse that you will never ever ever get divorced.
  • Never abuse your spouse in any way.
  • Do everything in your power to remain happily married.
Wanna change everything that makes black and poor America such a mess? Do those things. Get as many kids as possible to do those things. Even if they fall far short of succeeding, just trying to live this challenge will do a world of good for poor people in America.

Planned Parenthood will undoubtedly be livid with a lot fewer pregnant black girls patronizing their business, but this is much, much, much more important than PP's burning desire to kill babies. This is about truly helping black America.
Worry about helping white America. There are tons of ooor white Americans hooked on opioids and living in poverty. Help them out.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:31 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Worry about helping white America. There are tons of ooor white Americans hooked on opioids and living in poverty. Help them out.
That's why I'm always advocating low immigration and less outsourcing . They have economic opportunity despair. And maybe rolling back affirmative action based on race and base it on economic status.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:33 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
^^ Scared and fragile ^^
^^^^^oh so persecuted. after all, it's easier than admitting any fault.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:36 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
oh the fragility. omg

Old 06-19-2020, 07:40 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
100% false. Some black people don't make it past their name sounding too black on an application.

LOL, stop.
There are a ton of employers who desperately want to virtue signal. They will jump at the chance to hire the person who has a black-sounding name on their resume.

So which do you think is more common? Pro-black racism or anti-black? In my experience, if we're talking about right now, it's overwhelmingly pro-black.

If you're black you get an automatic +230 to your SAT score. You have quotas at universities to make sure they save a seat for you whether you've done enough to deserve it or not. If you get fired from a job, you can threaten to sue over racial discrimination -- even if that's got nothing to do with it. A white guy who gets fired just has to suck it up and deal with it. At a past job, there was a guy named Vern. Vern was black. Vern was also an obnoxious, abrasive, lazy employee who yelled at everyone and did about everything possible to make it a hostile work environment. He would yell at customers and vendors for the slightest thing. His white boss wouldn't even contemplate doing anything about Vern. No, everyone just had to put up and shut up. Then, Vern went and pissed off the black security guard. He even tried to pull the race card on him too. The security guard recorded the conversation, then proceeded to report him or his egregious behavior, which ultimately got him fired. You had to be black to get it done. The man should have been fired much sooner but his black skin protected him from any consequences. That's what right now looks like. Blacks have all kinds of privileges and the world must bend to their will or else.

Most importantly, if BLM gets absolutely everything they ask for, what good will it do? It won't change a thing. Reparations will look like the usual poor person winning the lottery, blow all of it in short order and go right back to being poor if that's where they started. Abolishing the police will cost hundreds of thousands of black lives because when the cat is away, the mice come out to play. If I'm a powerful black drug dealer, I'm eyeing Minneapolis as a great place to build myself a kingdom about right now -- Al Capone style. None of this will end well.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:42 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times
Quote:
Perhaps you missed the part where I was race-nonspecific. That is a challenge that'll lift you out of poverty no matter who you are or what the melanin content of your skin happens to be.

But it is odd that you specifically want to not help blacks. How racist can you get?

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 06-19-2020 at 07:50 PM..

Old 06-19-2020, 07:47 PM

672 posts, read 697,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
I had a customer / friend, white male, working in Human Resources. Huge company, media, technical, world-wide presence with tens of thousands employed.
Once he told me they avoid hiring Black applicants.

I asked him why.
He said, "We fire plenty of new hires in the first three-four months for incompetence. The whites, Hispanics and Asians grab that last paycheck and go out to look for another job. Most of the Blacks fired will look for an attorney."

He then added, "We never lost a lawsuit yet because every case has been precisely documented, but the time and expense of the lawsuits isn't worth hiring African Americans, and this has nothing to do with racism, but rather with money."

At my job of the last couple of years it's been whites, who have caused HR issues, filed complaints and just have been a thorn in the side. Thousands of black people get fired everyday and the vast majority do as everyone else does. They get their last paycheck and move on, even in cases were they are unjustly fired.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:51 PM

672 posts, read 697,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so they still earned it because they knew how to get the job. before I finished my degree, I got a job making more money than people with degrees because I was better at interviewing than they were.
Your moving goal post now, lol.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:52 PM

1,485 posts, read 953,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It’s not African culture though. So where did it come from? What language are they speaking and is it the only language they know....then that is where the culture comes from? I mean, blacks we’re not calling each other the N word in Africa. That is just a microcosm, the use of the n word, of what and who shaped this culture of which you refer.
Who's talking about Africa? We're not in Africa. We're in the USA.
They call eachother the N word in the USA!

The rappers and hip hoppers IN THE USA glorify violence, domestic violence, disrespect for authorities, their 'music', if you can call it music is overrun with profanity and ebonics that encourages them to speak improper English. Kids grow up listening to that crap and watching the performers droop their pants down to their knees while committing drive-by shootings and think that's the way the everyone should accept them! When in reality most are putting up their guard or bracing for an incident when they see them coming around.

Cleaning up the entertainment is a good start!

Last edited by Rkstar71; 06-19-2020 at 08:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies