Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it more racist to say Black Lives Matter or All Lives Matter
Black Lives Matter is racist 76 87.36%
All Lives Matter is racist 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 10:22 PM

3,679 posts, read 2,509,636 times

Advertisements

How can the statement 'All Lives Matter', be racist (?) There is literally no racial distinction within that phrase.. it is the polar opposite of singling out one race to uplift or demean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 10:24 PM

5,299 posts, read 2,345,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Lol. It speaks for how city data politics & controversies forum regulars feel about it. You're disconnected from the current culture,.
I think the current culture is pushed by a small percentage of people, and a larger percentage that just go along with it due to social pressure. I've heard of multiple people giving their actual thoughts in the workplace, or school, or wherever, and then had others quietly pull them aside or email them later and say "Just so you know, I totally agree"...it's just risky to question the dominant religion of the day.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:28 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
How can the statement 'All Lives Matter', be racist (?) There is literally no racial distinction within that phrase.. it is the polar opposite of singling out one race to uplift or demean.
It might not be racist but it's discriminatory against the dead, undead (zombies), and ghosts.

The dead I'm not too concerned about but frankly I think it's wise to remain on the good side of zombies and ghosts.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:30 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,118,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I'm a person of color and I think "Black Lives Matter' is more racist than "All Lives Matter". I wouldn't want to see a sign saying "White Lives Matter" either...
Are you a black person?

Old 06-19-2020, 10:33 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,118,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Both are true and are not racist without certain intent behind it.
The thing with "All Lives Matter" in many cases there's certain intent behind it. It was concocted as a rebuttal..

Old 06-19-2020, 10:39 PM

5,299 posts, read 2,345,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It might not be racist but it's discriminatory against the dead, undead (zombies), and ghosts.

The dead I'm not too concerned about but frankly I think it's wise to remain on the good side of zombies and ghosts.
I started playing The Last of Us Part 2 tonight, and I agree with this.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:34 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,783,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
I emailed BLM and asked them to add it for the morons amongst us. Some people need things spelled out, but they probably sent graphics to the printers at that point, so too late.
Maybe they'll get it right for the next riot.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:51 PM

1,323 posts, read 586,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Maybe they'll get it right for the next riot.

I thought it was Antifa doing the rioting? That's what Trump says. Is he lying?

Silly me, of course he is.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:56 PM

11,133 posts, read 5,749,033 times
Won't vote.

As English statements, both statements are true. All lives matter, so the subset of black lives also matter.

As political statements, blacks think "all lives matter" is a racists perjorative used to counter their quest for civil rights. Whites think "black lives matter" is a politically correct tool to bash whites over the head and call them all racists.

I have no clue what Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, East Indians, Middle Easterners, Sub-Saharan Africans, Eskimos, and Albino aborigines think of the terms politically.

All I know is that we have never been a more Balkanized, divided nation, not even at the height of the Civil War. It is just going to get worse. We are going to fracture into petty tribes and close ranks. It is sad. It is not what the Founders intended or set us up to do.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:17 AM

13,389 posts, read 6,410,753 times
Black Lives Matter is a failed marketing campaign. If they hadnt jumped straight to a social media hashtag and run this by a PR firm or even a focus group, they would have made their motto Black Lives Matter Too.

If they were smart, they would fix it.

That being said, retorting that All Lives Matter is just a snarky come back from both white racists and white people what may not be rascist, but dont agree with the tactics or associations of the Black Lives Matter organization.

They have been way too close for comfort to some questionable allies and for many they will forever be associated with the police shootings in Dallas and the cries of frying pigs up like bacon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies