Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 12:09 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Actually, it is very unusual for gangs to walk in public with a friggin rifles. It’s not Mogadishu.

I was a LASD deputy in Lynwood/Compton and we don’t have gangs walk around openly with rifles. Concealed piece of junk handgun they stole from someone or bought it off the black market, yes
I don't know about where you are from but I have seen people walking down streets brandishing weapons since I was a kid. Police are not everywhere and you generally can hear them coming when they decide to come....then people scatter. Police only usually come AFTER the fact. Things pop off so fast that police mainly ask "what happened" and don't prevent a lot from happening. Correction, they prevent a lot of protracted shootouts....but they do not prevent shoot outs.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:11 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No it's not...lol You people kill me in trying to find current excuses for a 300 plus year phenomenon of white racism. This behavior is NOT a microcosm of black behavior. Hence, anyone using this behavior to justify their racism was a racist already who just needed an excuse to come out.
I should have bolded it this way:

This is why racism still exists.

Not pre-civil rights era racism. That was a whole different kind of thing and cannot be blamed on thuggish behavior. But after say 1980...what is the excuse for the thug culture, which has grown stronger since Jim Crow ended. How is that explained?

Why do you think (am really asking), that after black people got more rights, post-civil rights era, this hideous criminality skyrocketed? I have always wondered this.

Do you not think ghetto gangbanging thugs are giving black people a bad representation and are responsible for the negative image a lot of white folks have of black folks?

Old 06-20-2020, 12:12 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,021 times
Logically, the big cities will become more violent with defunding.

The crime rate goes up, domestic violence (killings), murders, rapes, armed robberies. It's all going to go up.

You heard the saying about criminal minds, if you only put your mind to do good deeds instead of bad. Yet nowadays, if you are a criminal, odds have increased you won't get caught.
I know there are good cops out there but then after I heard about Andres Guardado and others some of our cops are just unqualified and stupid people. It is systemic in a lot of depts.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:12 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Just another weekend in Chicago or anywhere where law has been suspended.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:13 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post

Do you not think ghetto gangbanging thugs are giving black people a bad representation and are responsible for the negative image a lot of white folks have of black folks?
They don't care they are just walking the streets for anything cuz they don't want to work a job.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:15 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
If you were facing the likelihood of going to prison and/or the death penalty simply for doing your job, would you show up for work?
I would honor my oath as long as I was still employed. If my heart was no longer in it, I would quit. Collecting paycheck while refusing to carry out their duties is the wrong thing to so. I take it you feel differently. Military does not tolerate people disobeying orders, but it seems the PD is tolerating it for the time being.

Quote:
The simple truth is that the government in Atlanta has turned against the police in an effort to pander to a bunch of juveniles who can’t figure out that breaking the law and attacking law enforcement officers leads to funerals.
The legal system is what it is, and they did what they did. The cops are a part of that legal system, and the prosecution represent law enforcement like the cops. Like I said I think they went overboard, but as of yet he has not been found guilty of anything.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-20-2020 at 12:27 PM..

Old 06-20-2020, 12:16 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,505 times
I know you all got your hopes up but here are the facts.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...e-b3c09c69df31

Quote:
Avery said that a witness told police that a white male and female in a vehicle drove up and started shooting at the crowd.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:20 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post

Avery said that a witness told police that a white male and female in a vehicle drove up and started shooting at the crowd.
I had my doubts about the OP source since its a known gossip site.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:25 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post

Wait is this the same incident in the video posted here??

Old 06-20-2020, 12:27 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Wait is this the same incident in the video posted here??
yes.

Quote:
Once they arrived, investigators found 24-year-old Mahima Dhesi, who told them she was at a vigil or protest in the area when a black male with a bald head who appeared to be randomly shooting when she was hit in the leg, Avery said.
some white people came and shot up the vigil. And the armed black people shot back. But people in this thread just ran with their own fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies