Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 01:47 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Graham following the rules of the Senate.

While doing this he may lose his election.
Has Graham finally got the message? Does he see the USS Trump slipping under the waves?... a little late for growing a spine, I think

Lindsey Graham says a new SDNY US Attorney will require the approval of Schumer and Gillibrand-uss-trump.jpg

Lindsey Graham says a new SDNY US Attorney will require the approval of Schumer and Gillibrand-any-honest-person-could-do-better.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 01:52 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Has Graham finally got the message? Does he see the USS Trump slipping under the waves?... a little late for growing a spine, I think

Attachment 221379

Attachment 221380
Maybe. Seeing the ads for his opponent on Charlotte TV. Good ads. I think Graham needs the independent vote as the GOP vote to be turned off by Trump's criminal action's.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:59 PM

606 posts, read 354,510 times
I refuse to believe it until he walks the walk. This is flip flopper extraordinaire Lindsay Graham. Whatever Trump and Barr are covering up is dirty, and they obviously felt the need to act swiftly. It could be that Trump see the way polls are going and is preparing to lose. Once he is out of office SDNY is going to go after him, and he can’t be pardoned for crimes under their jurisdiction. Or perhaps there is something that was going to come out sooner. Is it related to Epstein? Is it related to Giuliani? Is he trying to save Giuliani because of Giuliani’s “insurance policy” against Trump? Is it related to the investigation into Turkey’s state bank Halkbank that Erdogan requested Trump’s help with? Is it related to Deutschebank? Is it related to Ivanka’s emails, which got completely buried by media because of BLM protests and Covid?

Berman is being called into to testify in front of the House on Wednesday. We already know what the right will do—character assassinate. They do it every time.

Old 06-20-2020, 02:25 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
... Whatever Trump and Barr are covering up is dirty, and they obviously felt the need to act swiftly. It could be that Trump see the way polls are going and is preparing to lose. Once he is out of office SDNY is going to go after him, and he can’t be pardoned for crimes under their jurisdiction. Or perhaps there is something that was going to come out sooner. Is it related to Epstein? Is it related to Giuliani? Is he trying to save Giuliani because of Giuliani’s “insurance policy” against Trump? Is it related to the investigation into Turkey’s state bank Halkbank that Erdogan requested Trump’s help with? Is it related to Deutschebank? Is it related to Ivanka’s emails, which got completely buried by media because of BLM protests and Covid?

Berman is being called into to testify in front of the House on Wednesday. We already know what the right will do—character assassinate. They do it every time.
You raise many serious concerns, and yes, they will begin the character assassination as per usual.

I think this particular firing may have have to do with something completely under the radar (which Barr learned the SDNY was working on) and which may have been close enough to completion that the news would look really bad for Trump before election time. They are gambling that IF Trump wins re-election they can bury it for good. Right now all Barr can do is slow it down or table it indefinitely.

It's funny that Barr finds it necessary to fire a Trump appointee, who actually donated to Trump's campaign and was considered a 'safe' appointment. This can't be summarily dismissed as a Deep State kind of thing, it is entirely Deep Trump.

This administration has fired four Inspector's General in various departments of the government, blocked all subpoenas, interfered with the courts on cases close to Trump or his campaign, and now this.

We have never seen a steamier pile in our lifetimes.

Old 06-20-2020, 04:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The blue slip rule has a long and established history in the Senate, just another norm and tradition of checks and balances that Trump and his gang of power hungry zealots want to ride roughshod over in the march to autocracy.

Anything to further the singular wishes of the dear leader now seems to be the beat on the right.

Thankfully some R politicians still care about the rule of law.
Sadly you don't know the difference between rule/law or tradition !!! Don't worry though !!! Even the dumbest Trump supporter could be the tutor needed !!!

Stop at the office and get a pink slip !!! Then continue to be educated !!! Earn that deplorable/diploma !!!

Last edited by phma; 06-20-2020 at 04:10 PM..

Old 06-22-2020, 09:50 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sadly you don't know the difference between rule/law or tradition !!! Don't worry though !!! Even the dumbest Trump supporter could be the tutor needed !!!
Actually, you failed at reading comprehension.

I wasn't saying the blue slip tradition was a law, it is not, it is a traditional rule and custom of the Senate.

When I was referring to the rule of law, I was referring to the Senate not allowing Trump to install an unqualified political stooge as head prosecutor of the SDNY. That Graham refused to do that shows that he at least cares somewhat about the rule of law.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:54 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,344,385 times
Quote:
So Senators are in charge of the executive branch !!! That's news !!! Who knew ?

Graham joins the democrats !!! Not entirely unexpected after all he said they were his friends and that's more important than the people who elected him !!! Graham is a show pony in the GOP, half RINO and all alligator mouth !!! As long as Graham gets his checks he's happy !!!
I can see you’d be more comfortable in a dictatorship, but you’ll just have to live with a resilient Republic-where the President and the executive branch he or she heads is one of three separate but equal branches of government.

Too bad, so sad.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:56 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
So Senators are in charge of the executive branch !!! That's news !!! Who knew ?

Graham joins the democrats !!! Not entirely unexpected after all he said they were his friends and that's more important than the people who elected him !!! Graham is a show pony in the GOP, half RINO and all alligator mouth !!! As long as Graham gets his checks he's happy !!!
WOW, he was every Trumpster's best friend when he was supporting the party line, now you turn your back on him like the way you did Tillerson, Bolton, Sessions, Kelly, Maddis, and so many others who you all said were great when they supported Trump.

I always thought his #1 trait in a person was for loyalty. Turns out EVEN THAT is a lie, Trump is not loyal to his supporters.

I got news for you PHMA, the second you cease to be useful for Trump's self-enrichment, he'll turn on you too. (More correctly, he already has, or never really was loyal to his base. His lies make you think he is, but he's not. Trump LOVES the uneducated, and boy oh boy, is it every starting to show now.)

After all these years of celebrating how he "plays" everyone else, how does it feel to be the one who got played? Hate the game, not the player!

(And you're dang right I'll rub it in and be smug. All these years of your smugness, and reality is smacking you in the face! Only question now is 'when will you realize it?'

Old 06-22-2020, 10:01 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Perhaps the Republican Senate is hedging their bet. So they might hope Trump is re elected but they will follow Senate rules incase Trump loses and the Senate flips.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:01 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The blue slip rule has a long and established history in the Senate, just another norm and tradition of checks and balances that Trump and his gang of power hungry zealots want to ride roughshod over in the march to autocracy.

Anything to further the singular wishes of the dear leader now seems to be the beat on the right.

Thankfully some R politicians still care about the rule of law.
I thought the blue slip process was just for judges which McConnell blew off since 2017. Graham always surprises me one way or the other. The republicans have approved enough incompetent people like Grennell and Ratcliffe, someone with no prosecutorial experience was a bridge too far for this important position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies