Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2020, 10:26 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,471,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Really? What has he taken responsibility for? Every time he is not happy with something, he finds someone else to blame.
What part of my post did you not understand? I agreed with you. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 10:29 AM

77,015 posts, read 47,402,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
What part of my post did you not understand? I agreed with you. lol.
Somehow I managed to misread it as 'good job'. Maybe I was half reading and half assuming.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,471,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Somehow I managed to misread it as 'good job'. Maybe I was half reading and half assuming.
I’ll be clear; I find Trump obnoxious. And sometimes a bit retarded. When he speaks he’s either on point, or all over the place. You just never know what you’re going to get.

But at the end of the day, I can ignore his tomfoolery, as long as he’s making the economy rain. And he primarily has, up until COVID hit. Since he came into office I’ve paid off my mortgage (15 years early!) and watched my 401k go nuts, not to mention the stock I’m invested in. I hate to hurt anyone’s feelings, but that matters a lot more to me than the current social unrest. Most people will agree that their financial bottom line is the most important thing. In any event, I didn’t vote for Trump in 2016 but I will be voting for him in 2020. As far as I’m concerned it’s either beets or asparagus for dinner, and I can tolerate asparagus *slightly* more than beets.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:46 AM

4,230 posts, read 2,432,890 times
America is currently far too decadent, corrupt, and dysfunctional to survive for much longer. The breakdown of the empire will be complete by 2040.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,781,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
All because of a chinese virus, which Trump had nothing to do with.
Americans aren't stupid, they aren't blaming Trump for covid-19.

There are things Trump can be blamed for, like not taking strong enough action to end the riots in democrat run cities.
Would you be saying the same with Obama? I guarantee 90% of the people saying "Covid-19 is a Chinese Virus, which Trump had nothing to do with" were singling out Obama for saying "Obama gave us Swine Flu and Ebola."

Old 06-22-2020, 11:20 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,536,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The absolute nightmare scenario is if Biden wins and the Dems take the Senate. The country will be unrecognizable as illegal immigrants are rewarded, criminals are excused, police will no longer exist, religious people will have to hide their observance (or be insulted or even attacked), whites will have a very poor chance of job promotion as “woke” companies fill slots with blacks regardless of qualifications, small business owners will driven out of business by the one-two punch of higher taxes and a doubling of minimum wage, and money from the hard-working middle class will be funneled to the lower-income so they can get more free stuff that the middle class themselves can’t even afford.

Lord save us.
Then explain why the country wasn't already hopelessly destroyed from 8 years of Obama and Biden. Or are you too young to remember how it was?

Old 06-22-2020, 11:21 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,821,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
How would Pubs keep Dems out after the Dem territory collapses? That is basically what we have now...Dem cities/states collapsing, and residents fleeing to Red states. I'd love to bottle the Dems up in the messes they've made, but I don't see how that is possible.
If you are not under all the Federal laws and policies that promote open borders and protect invaders, it becomes a lot easier to pressure and force out illegal aliens. Enforcement and little to no rights, protections or benefits for illegals and non-citizen would be a key and necessary principle, and why a new and better country is needed in the first place.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:03 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
120,000 Americans dead

40,000,000 Americans out of work.

Worst economic meltdown in 90 years.

tRump's America: weaker, sicker, poorer.

tRump: "I take no responsibility"

Less than 5 months.

2021: America begins the long task of repeairing the damage.

Just like we had to do when Dubya left DC.

There's a pattern emerging.

I actually think Bush 43 did not do that bad a job in his second term. Nor did Obama when he followed him. Bush 43 biggest mistake was Iraq. There was no justification for that. But he did not go about trying to divide the country like Trump is doing. In fact, I can't remember a president, with the possible exception of Nixon, sort of, actively WORKING on being divisive.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,821,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I actually think Bush 43 did not do that bad a job in his second term. Nor did Obama when he followed him. Bush 43 biggest mistake was Iraq. There was no justification for that. But he did not go about trying to divide the country like Trump is doing. In fact, I can't remember a president, with the possible exception of Nixon, sort of, actively WORKING on being divisive.
LoL no President worked more to divide Americans than Obama did. Division is now democrat's main political goal.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I actually think Bush 43 did not do that bad a job in his second term.
Well, except for:

1) Mismanaging his Iraq oil war into an unwinnable quagmire
2) Mismanaging his Afghan war into an unwinnable quagmire
3) Mismanaging the economy into the worst disaster in three generations.

But, you're right.

Those look like the "good old days" in comparison to tRump's America.

Quote:
Nor did Obama when he followed him. Bush 43 biggest mistake was Iraq. There was no justification for that. But he did not go about trying to divide the country like Trump is doing. In fact, I can't remember a president, with the possible exception of Nixon, sort of, actively WORKING on being divisive.
tRump is a stupid, corrupt weakling.

He's the inevitable consequence of the GOP embracing the brain dead religious right.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies