Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 09:00 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times

Advertisements

I have to give it to the OP, at least they admit - there is something wrong with Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 09:01 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm the center.

From the vantage of the very very very far right wing, a centrist would appear to be the left.
No, a centrist would appear to be a centrist no matter one's vantage point. That's not you, as your words continually confirm.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:04 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yes, I did notice that.
Ok, I'll tell you why. I thought last night's rally was kind of obvious.

Trump has two kinds of supporters:

1. People who are life long conservatives and want conservative justices on the supreme court and in other appointed positions, and they want immigration policy tightened and approve of the until the last few months huge upswing in the economy. They are also gun owners or at least strong supporters of the 2nd amendment.

2. People who have never been one of the "popular kids". They've always been kind of a loser, unable to economically or socially succeed. They joined Trump's "team" because now they were with the incredibly popular bully, a pledge to a very popular fraternity. Enormous stadiums filled with cheering crowds, masses of people wearing MAGA hats and laughing as Trump behaved like a complete schoolyard bully mocking people who have mocked the MAGA crowd. Until last night. They looked around, and saw they're not in the popular crowd anymore, they've gone to a party where they wore shirts that said "Suck it up, buttercup" expecting to be able to sneer at those who have sneered at them. Only to be in a very tepid crowd with lots of empty seats, and even the protesters they hoped to have arrested didn't show up.

He's still got the folk in the #1 crowd, and he's lost the #2s. He didn't win the popular vote last time, and he can't afford to lose a big voting base.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:08 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
There is a center in the US population - it's most of us.
Agreed. "Most of us" will rise up in 2024. There will be a centrist candidate (could be a Dem or a Pub) who will run on fiscal responsibility. Why? Because by that time (and even before), the interest on the debt will become the Gorilla in the room. By that time, the interest will eclipse the total national defense budget.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/b...-interest.html

This article was written in late 2018, BEFORE the $3.5T great heist occurred. The article says "within a decade" the interest could be larger than military spending, but after adding $3.5T plus the next heist of another Trillion, that changes the decade to just 5 years.

The interest on the debt will be the #1 issue in 2024's National elections.

"Most of us" will take over the Country 4.5 years from now, but not in this election cycle.

I do think Biden will be replaced, but I don't think it will be a game changing candidate, but I hope it is...America's broke!

Old 06-21-2020, 09:09 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Feeling that Bern now?
It would have been really fun if they had given Bernie the green light. He would be on fire right now. Two sassy old rich white men going at it. But no. The DNC picked just about the most pathetic and unenthusiastic zombie they could have out of a vibrant and diverse candidate field. It would be laughable if it wasn't so damn sad!

Old 06-21-2020, 09:14 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
I'm not the left, I'm the center. But I'd be happy with another old white man, just not Biden and not Bernie.

Someone the bulk of the nation can get behind - someone who is center.
Your center person doesn't stand a chance as they will always lean left to try and grab those votes. I'm Democrat and have yet to see anyone who would get my vote as Democratic politicians don't listen to the people and what they want - they listen to the fringe.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:15 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
So in the clear light of morning, after last night's Trump rally, it seems obvious that the democrats have a really good shot at winning in November.

We just have to replace Biden with someone that anyone likes, that anyone can get excited about voting for.

Apparently there's a process for this; the covid pandemic has caused a delay in primaries, and we are headed into a convention with enough unspoken for delegates that someone besides Biden could emerge as the nominee.

But who? Who have we NOT looked at yet? A senator, congressman, governor, even a standout experienced mayor?
Maybe promote one of your tokens - Abrams, Harris, Rice.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:17 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:

1. People who are life long conservatives and want conservative justices on the supreme court and in other appointed positions, and they want immigration policy tightened and approve of the until the last few months huge upswing in the economy. They are also gun owners or at least strong supporters of the 2nd amendment.

2. People who have never been one of the "popular kids". They've always been kind of a loser, unable to economically or socially succeed. They joined Trump's "team" because now they were with the incredibly popular bully, a pledge to a very popular fraternity. Enormous stadiums filled with cheering crowds, masses of people wearing MAGA hats and laughing as Trump behaved like a complete schoolyard bully mocking people who have mocked the MAGA crowd. Until last night. They looked around, and saw they're not in the popular crowd anymore, they've gone to a party where they wore shirts that said "Suck it up, buttercup" expecting to be able to sneer at those who have sneered at them. Only to be in a very tepid crowd with lots of empty seats, and even the protesters they hoped to have arrested didn't show up.

He's still got the folk in the #1 crowd, and he's lost the #2s. He didn't win the popular vote last time, and he can't afford to lose a big voting base.
So now I'm an unpopular kid now huh - does your stereotyping never cease? I was never a loser, graduated near the top of my class and have enough self confidence to not care what others think of me. Though it is a bone of contention that I'm misrepresented not because of my character but who I vote for.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:20 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I maintain that Biden is the easiest person for Trump to defeat and that Trump stands a good chance at winning reelection. With that said, yes, Democrats would be wise to replace Biden.

Funny, I see people making light of Trump drawing many thousands of people to a rally during a pandemic, while Biden is hiding in a basement and couldn't draw more than a few hundred on average during the campaign season
"Hiding in a basement" = having his campaign events via livestream, rather than encouraging thousands of people to pack into an indoor arena during a pandemic. I'd call that being a responsible adult, rather than a narcissistic a$$hole.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:25 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:

I think you have a very odd imagination and you definitely don't have your finger on the pulse of the situation.

Trump has all sorts of supporters, a lot of liberals have become conservative BECAUSE of Trump
I did not vote for Trump, however I will be voting for him on 11/3/2020.

Why do you think the left is in such a panic? Why do you think the MSM constantly lies and twists things? Because they know the truth of just how much support Trump actually has.

But we can both sit here for days and debate this but we'll just wait and see what Nov. 3rd brings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies