Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will more black lives be killed by cops, other blacks, or whties in USA?
Cops 4 4.08%
Other blacks 86 87.76%
Whites 2 2.04%
I don't care 6 6.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 08:37 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Dude, you have argued off of emotion this whole time. You started with that graphic that said 99% of police officers get away with murder and are never charged. If that isn't insufficient evidence, then I don't know what is.
If you think that's where I started, then you need to go back an re-read the thread.

Regardless, that chart is instructive on what skewed statistics look like. Frankly, someone would have to be an idiot to think that 99% of the time, cops are correct when they kill someone. No rational person would see that number, and not immediately be suspicious of the data. That's what getting away with murder looks like. That's not emotion. That's called common sense. That you feel that number is on the up & up says more than enough about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Here I have a scenario for you. These statistics you raise about the police officers getting off. I think these aren't police officers killing these citizens. I can't see it, they could've been hit by stray bullets from elsewhere. Now prove me wrong, this is what your argument is amounting to.
Ooof... you're not very good at this. Cop shootings are always investigated. You presenting a phantom shooter argument out of nowhere is not helping your point, whatever it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 08:43 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well until a cop is brought in and proven to be a murder you have nothing.
I'm going to use the same standards that apply to civilians. You can't get away with shooting someone in the back for running away. You can't get away with shooting someone b/c you thought they had a gun. You'd be brought up on murder charges.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:44 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
If you think that's where I started, then you need to go back an re-read the thread.

Regardless, that chart is instructive on what skewed statistics look like. Frankly, someone would have to be an idiot to think that 99% of the time, cops are correct when they kill someone. No rational person would see that number, and not immediately be suspicious of the data. That's what getting away with murder looks like. That's not emotion. That's called common sense. That you feel that number is on the up & up says more than enough about you.

Ooof... you're not very good at this. Cop shootings are always investigated. You presenting a phantom shooter argument out of nowhere is not helping your point, whatever it is.
That is an incomplete statistic. Of course I don't believe that every single cop that got away with murder should've gotten away with murder. You can't reason anything off that statistic except saying that you say there is no way that 99% of the killings were justified. You haven't provided evidence to show that they aren't, only speculation. Which to that point I agree that one can speculate that there are cases that fall through the cracks.

Ooof... sorry according to who? You have failed to provide evidence that this didn't happen. Cop shootings are witnessed by who, the cops and the suspect, would if the cop isn't remembering correctly due to the trauma of seeing someone shot? This is pretty much your argument in a nutshell. Have fun being such an ideologue.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:

There's no good reason to be suspicious. Over 97% of the suspects killed were armed.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:49 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
I'm going to use the same standards that apply to civilians. You can't get away with shooting someone in the back for running away. You can't get away with shooting someone b/c you thought they had a gun. You'd be brought up on murder charges.
Sure you can if they are turning back and firing a weapon. Civilians don't get charged for killing plenty of times, or they are prosecuted but acquited.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:20 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are you suggesting that more private black citizens have killed other private black citizens than all State-sanctioned actions over the course of history?
Well most black deaths have been due to poor diet followed by African countries state action so yes, African states activities have killed more blacks than any of the items listed in this thread.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:21 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Since we have entered a heightened effort to save black lives, will more black lives be killed by cops, other blacks or whites?
The F you people care. Give it a rest.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:24 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Depends on how you define killing. Ignore crime for now. Life expectancy for blacks is lower than whites as blacks are plagued with higher death rates across the gambit. Blacks are being killed slowly from the accrued impact of racial oppression. You do not have to kill people with bullets....you can kill them with poverty and racial stress...slowly.
African Americans live longer than Africans on average....do African nations oppress Africans more than African Americans are oppressed do you think?

Asians and Hispanics live longer than white Americans...are whites more oppressed than Asians and Hispanics in America?

Old 06-21-2020, 09:58 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Chicago had another great weekend of no violence...
Quote:
Nine people have been killed, four of them minors, and 51 others have been wounded in shootings across Chicago so far this weekend
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...icago/2293066/

I guess they don’t know about the “black lives matter“ movement. Perhaps more marching is in order.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:08 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Poll is pretty much on track for sane people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies