Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2020, 01:48 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
You keep believing in the destiny chosen by "The System" that nobody can escape, and I'll keep believing in the power of the individual to forge their own destiny.

What a depressing world you live in, where nobody controls even the barest fraction of their own outcome, all adrift on some chaotic ocean of external forces governed by crusty politicians. I'll keep believing that individuals in America can choose their way out of any circumstance with some hard work and dedication to the goal.
It's not a belief. Communism, as a system, limited innovation, motivation and production. Racism as a system, within the system of capitalism, did and does the same thing. We are all impacted by things around us THAT WE DO NOT CONTROL. You have faith in the system....and that may be a valid faith as a whole and overall, however, it's not true of all the parts and areas within it.

America has always been a contradiction. While America was the beacon of light and hope for opportunity for billions around the world.....it was also a nation that was actively oppressing black people. It was a nation created on the doctrine that all men were created equal, while enslaving Africans in America. What America has offered and provided blacks has been and is different than what it did for whites. That was the SYSTEM and all systems favor their own and whites have always run the system.

Fundamentally, when we look at others and say that they failed, when they should not have, we are saying that had we been in their shoes we would not have. You can't get to condemning others without assuming your own superiority. When I see someone else is a bad situation.....I just feel that I have been lucky to not have to have walked in their shoes of life. I never assume that I am better than they are. That is the difference between my reasoning and the reasoning of many others....I feel lucky.....you feel superior.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-22-2020 at 02:00 PM..

Old 06-22-2020, 02:26 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Anybody who believes that black people as a group have been the target of systematic discrimination or oppression by American society during the last 50 years is just living in an alternate reality. I don’t know what to say to people who think this way.

Do you really believe that Martin Luther King would have agreed with this?
Yes. We can ask MLks children. They very much agree that black people are targets of racial discrimination today.. CSk also thought so. No way do you know better than his immediate family about what MLK would think if he were alive today.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:36 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
LOL...nonsense. I have Caribbean culture. My culture is already a mix of Africa, Asian and other cultures. I’m already successful.

I grew up on a two-parent home. We emphasize education and don’t do drugs. We have great work ethic.

What makes you think that because someone is “black” you know what culture they come from? Do you read or travel at all? Further, why would I drop my culture for anyone else’s culture? I come from one of the most beautiful cultures in the world.

Only an uncultured person would make such a suggestion.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:39 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Anybody who believes that the black condition of inequality in America is not most profoundly rooted in racial discrimination is living in an alternate reality.
The cities with the most blacks in our country are run by democrats and often by blacks All the blighted poorest black communities have been run by democrats and by blacks for decades now So clearly the blame’s on democrats and blacks for this so called “inequality” and systemic racism.....

Old 06-22-2020, 02:43 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Mother nature cause different racial outcomes. You can't fight mother nature. Well you can and we are, but you'll inevitably do it wrong and make things worse like we are thanks to democrats.
Then explain how I am the way I am. According to "mother nature" I'm not suppose to be capable of living in a western society, and yet, I'm doing it.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:46 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Simple solution for blacks to become successful-

Abandon their current approach (it has failed) and adopt the basics of Asian-American culture, which has proven successful.

emphasize education

two parent families

don't use drugs

great work ethic
Part of government operation to fund the Nicaraguan Contras.

They got the kids hooked on drugs.

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Alliance.../dp/1888363681

Not unlike the earlier Organized Crime plan to flood the black neighborhoods with drugs to avoid running afoul of the legal authorities.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:48 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then explain how I am the way I am. According to "mother nature" I'm not suppose to be capable of living in a western society, and yet, I'm doing it.
There's all sorts of differences on the individual level. Some people are smart, some dumb; some lazy, some motivated; some irresponsible, some conscientious; some honest, some liars; some timid, some aggressive. The variation between people of the same race is much greater than the difference between the races.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:54 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Probably because blacks are not Asian and the source of Asian culture is Asia.

Culture is learned through immersion. You learn a culture without trying. Its a natural process of emulating what is around you. Whites did not want blacks around them so blacks could not learn white culture. The white culture we did learn was ABUSE, because that is what you showed us when we were around you for most of our history in this nation.

That is what white people do not understand. We learned our culture FROM YOU. This is what you showed us and we copied. The microcosm of that is our use of the N word. We picked that up from whites.
Black culture from Black Africans is much much better than american black cutlure. They don't even want to be associated with black american culture.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:56 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Black culture from Black Africans is much much better than american black cutlure. They don't even want to be associated with black american culture.
You got it screwed up. Black middle class culture and African culture is better than underclass culture. Look at how middle class Blacks conduct themselves, and then look at the underclass.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That's a strawman argument. I never said any individual only a group average propensity. I'm not saying you don't have positive qualities. I would say the qualities you have you in part inherited from your parents, and is in part why you are not, as you have claimed before, a lower class person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies