Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are deaths due to Covid or BLM?
Covid 19? 1 12.50%
BLM? 7 87.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 12:38 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Focus and anger? That sounds just like what a lib would say. Just hollow rhetoric. If you really want it to stop then there is only one thing when dealing with these violent callous killers and the only thing they understand, which is hard line. Anything less and it’s a joke to them.

Of course you being a lib would be against it, so ultimately nothing will get done that will fix the problem and then you libs will continue with your useless “focus and anger” meaningless talk that you think sounds nice.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Nothing you wrote makes any sense. You and your personal attack have been REPORTED! You know nothing about me, and I am not a "lib," so TRY AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 12:43 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
People don’t care about black on black violence. I have no idea why. If we eradicated it our overall nationwide stats would plunge, but everyone seems content to live with gang warfare and blacks killing blacks. As long as it’s not a white person doing the killing, the black community seems to be accepting of it. This is why so many Americans have turned their backs on it all.
For people who don't live in those gang infested neighborhoods, they don't see it as their problem. The only way people are going to care is if it ends up in their back yard. As long as people can move away from said problems, well....

And something else. Gang violence isn't the only problem. A large number of murders take place during arguments. People who have such severe anger issues that they feel killing someone is the answer. Mental health is an issue that is often ignored when it comes to Black men.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
High crime areas need to be identified and stop and frisk needs to be reinstated.
He who would sacrifice essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither. Benjamin Franklin said that. I am against S&F on the grounds of the 4th Amendment.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:48 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For people who don't live in those gang infested neighborhoods, they don't see it as their problem.
It isn't my problem. If it were I'd use ANY means available to eliminate said problem(s)

Quote:
The only way people are going to care is if it ends up in their back yard.....
Not likely but knowing my neighbors, we pretty much all agree on how we want our neighborhood to be.

Criminal activity against us, ours and our possessions would not be tolerated.

Old 06-23-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
It isn't my problem. If it were I'd use ANY means available to eliminate said problem(s)
Well it's my problem and I won't put up with anyone trying to violate my Constitutional rights. And you haven't given me a reason as to why I should. I'd rather be dead than live under quasi-dictatorship.

Quote:
Not likely but knowing my neighbors, we pretty much all agree on how we want our neighborhood to be.

Criminal activity against us, ours and our possessions would not be tolerated.
Like I said, people will only deal with the problem when forced to do so. If you don't live in an area where gang violence is occurring, you won't be thinking about it. I live in a peaceful neighborhood. I don't think about gang violence. I'd think about it alot more if I live in a neighborhood rife with it. And you proved that if it came to your neighborhood, you'd be forced to do something about it.

Old 06-23-2020, 02:29 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
People don’t care about black on black violence. I have no idea why. If we eradicated it our overall nationwide stats would plunge, but everyone seems content to live with gang warfare and blacks killing blacks. As long as it’s not a white person doing the killing, the black community seems to be accepting of it. This is why so many Americans have turned their backs on it all.
It's a shame too because I know lots of black folks who are really good people and it's terrible that often they fall victim by individuals from their own culture, yet it goes completely unnoticed, precisely because it's a black on black crime. Do you know what it's like to be close with someone that falls victim in this exact type of situation and then see how no one has any interest in reporting it in the news, raising the issue at town halls, etc. etc. etc. ? It's sad, a total shame, and pathetic.

It's like recently Jimmy Kimmel gets in the news for using the "N" word back in 1990 or something like that when he apparently did a skit as Snoop Dogg doing one of his rap tunes.

That's rich. Snoop Dogg uses the word in his rap tunes and it's cool, but have a stupid comedian doing the same rap tune with the word in it and all hell breaks loose. That's exactly how this BLM thing goes too. Blacks are killing each other and it goes unnoticed, yet, have a non-white involved and it's all game on like Donkey Kong.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:09 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Compelling and well-written post. Well done!

I can't rep you enough, McGowdog.
Well thank you.

Trump went easy on Chicago at his Arizona rally tonight. He mentioned Philadelphia. I kind of forget about that town, Bmore and Saint Louis as well.

So trying to disband the actual local police force makes banning ICE seem right in their league.

You democrats must really want your Trump Landslide, huh?

Fascinating.

So we find that the 3rd or whateverthehell precinct in Minneapolis told the police force to clear out their lockers because they were sacrificing the precinct to the looting arsonists so they might calm down.

Folks in Minneapolis should stop paying their taxes.

Defund the F'ing government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Pre- Corona, I was in the city nearly every week. My husband works in the city. Most of the city trends very safe.

Most of the shootings occur in 5/25 Police Districts.

Last year, Chicago had 55 million overnight visitors. Chicago and Orlando compete for second place for trade shows. Visitors spend huge suns on lodging, dining, shopping and entertainment. They have no reason to spend time or money in the dangerous communities.

Of course this year will be different. Tourism, trade shows, annual events, like Lolapalooza and hundreds of annual events have been cancelled. The beaches remain closed.
I'm sure if I went and hung out up in Schaumburg or took the L to the Orbits for some potato pancakes or hung out up Michigan Ave or the Loop, I could hang out with rich whitey.

What if I went down to the south side and found some Blues Clubs like where my buddy Magic Slim played, would you join me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Prosperity reduces crime and Trump lowered black and Latino unemployment to its all time low. Working people generally do not commit street crime. Almost all the random killings are done by idle people.

So yes, Trump did his part.

Beyond that, Trump being the head of the Federal government can’t really do anything else if the Democrat mayor does not allow, and in every case, the Democrat mayor even attacked Trump for wanting to intervene.

The failings of Chicago and all these Democrat cities are all on the Democrats
Aren't the democrats despicable? Folks that would do this, vote this in, be any part of this seems almost as digusting as ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
White people in Chicago that were out protesting and supporting blm last week are at home watching the news in their safe Naperville community.
They really give 2 s...s about black lives. 104 people shot , many of them right in the neighborhood I work in 5 days a week. My black coworkers who lives around this mess don't even care about these blm protests, they are busy making sure their kids don't get shot on the way to the playground. (Im not making this up.)
Just wait, July 4th will be real bad. It always is but this year....

Yes.

We hear you.

All politics aside for just a second, this is the United States of America. We are Americans.

This used to mean something, especially in our darkest moments, when we used to come together and thrive.

Last edited by McGowdog; 06-23-2020 at 08:37 PM..

Old 06-23-2020, 08:54 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Yes.

We hear you.

All politics aside for just a second, this is the United States of America. We are Americans.

This used to mean something, especially in our darkest moments, when we used to come together and thrive.
This country is going down fast.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:45 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Laroy Battle shoots dead two high school kids for asking him how tall he was. 6'3, evidently.

Something like 15 killed in Chicago this weekend, one of them being a 20 month old child.

I'm gonna be over here holding my breath, waiting for black lies murder to respond...

Old 06-29-2020, 08:47 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Laroy Battle shoots dead two high school kids for asking him how tall he was. 6'3, evidently.

Something like 15 killed in Chicago this weekend, one of them being a 20 month old child.

I'm gonna be over here holding my breath, waiting for black lies murder to respond...
Nobody cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies