Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 08:05 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
GSM should be the Great Silent Minority. Trump won his Presidency in the EC, not by a plurality of votes.
And IMO his base is not enlarging.
His base isn't enlarging, but people who fear the radicals on the other side numbers are increasing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 08:45 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
The LA Times promotes Biden for all their worth naturally and they never never mention his dementia.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:16 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Trump will take 40 states.
Which 40 states are you thinking because I don't think he will win the blue wall again.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:04 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
That's 10 more states than 2016.

Name them, oh great seer.
Trump will be lucky to win 20. CD political forums are divorced from reality. Its not possible for either party to win a 40 state landslide anymore

Old 06-22-2020, 11:16 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,995 times
Quote:
GSM should be the Great Silent Minority. Trump won his Presidency in the EC, not by a plurality of votes.
Its not possible for the GOP to enlarge their base. Its a dying shrinking political party. Theyve only won the pop vote once in the last 30 years (Dubya in 2004). The idea that a clown like Trump with an approval at 41% and double digit unemployment will not just win but win 40 states is beyond insane. Not even Nixon could win a landslide in 1968 and the riots back then were way bigger and more numerous than today.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:01 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
And neither is the Democrat base. With how the Democrats have been conducting themselves the last four years and particularly recently, I think the Democrat base might have shrunk the fastest. You guys lost a lot of moderate Dems.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Its not possible for the GOP to enlarge their base. Its a dying shrinking political party. Theyve only won the pop vote once in the last 30 years (Dubya in 2004). The idea that a clown like Trump with an approval at 41% and double digit unemployment will not just win but win 40 states is beyond insane. Not even Nixon could win a landslide in 1968 and the riots back then were way bigger and more numerous than today.
When you resort to name calling and insults, it just invalidates your post as nothing more than a hateful rant.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:05 AM

929 posts, read 399,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInVegas View Post
The GSM will dominate once again on this 2020 election day.

While the bums and punks who ordinarily do nothing with themselves continue their antics and destruction the GSM is growing silently.
In addition to loyal Trump supporters, there are many people that have “social desirability bias,” it refers to the effect of not telling the truth about whom they will vote for because they think their choice will be viewed unfavorably by others. It was bad in 2016, it's even worst now, in other words---Trump will get reelected.

Think about the looting, the rioting, the rise of victim mentality, the "everything is racist" attitude...wouldn't you have enough of it and be really pissed with what's going on in our country? And to know that it's the Democrats that are condoning it...it's obvious.

As an example today, I went to Lowe's, the cashier told me I was brave for wearing my MAGA hat, I told her I don't bother anyone so they shouldn't bother me and everyone is free to choose who they want. She said she wants to buy her husband a MAGA hat but he is afraid he might get harassed. They may not say it out loud, you know these two are voting for Trump.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:07 AM

929 posts, read 399,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
When I go to the VA Medical Center I find nothing but veterans for Biden. The people I know who voted for Trump before have been sorely disappointed and voting for Biden. Blacks will not vote for Trump. Just like with Trump's Tulsa rally his base is dwindling to only a few diehards.

Trump lies, Americans die.
These veterans obviously did not know how much Obama cut down our military. Cool story though..

Old 06-23-2020, 12:10 AM

Just an example of the silent majority finally taking a stand for the men in uniform, and here in NYC of all places!

Listen to them as they chant “defund deBlasio!”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGTWPHr6UtQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies