Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 11:18 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times

Advertisements

The posts above are why no one will ever get it or understand.

The country isn't comprised of "just" Dems or "just" Pubs. No, there is a very wide spectrum across the political landscape. Thinking anyone who doesn't believe as you do must be a "lib" shows how narrow your world is, how insular and how your mind is controlled by social media and the right wing media.

Try to understand there are millions of people who are Independent, or Centrist, or Moderate, or Slightly Left or Slightly Right not aligned to any party, who believe in the U.S. Constitution, a document I bet most have never read and more than a few wouldn't be able to understand beyond the simplest of words.

That is the "silent majority," the ones who want democracy, decency, a leader who will uphold the U.S. Constitution, a leader who actually knows what's in the U.S. Constitution. There's a majority who can't be easily categorized or put in a box. But you don't recognize them because you can't see past your own limited and controlled view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 11:30 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The posts above are why no one will ever get it or understand.

The country isn't comprised of "just" Dems or "just" Pubs. No, there is a very wide spectrum across the political landscape. Thinking anyone who doesn't believe as you do must be a "lib" shows how narrow your world is, how insular and how your mind is controlled by social media and the right wing media.

Try to understand there are millions of people who are Independent, or Centrist, or Moderate, or Slightly Left or Slightly Right not aligned to any party, who believe in the U.S. Constitution, a document I bet most have never read and more than a few wouldn't be able to understand beyond the simplest of words.

That is the "silent majority," the ones who want democracy, decency, a leader who will uphold the U.S. Constitution, a leader who actually knows what's in the U.S. Constitution. There's a majority who can't be easily categorized or put in a box. But you don't recognize them because you can't see past your own limited and controlled view.
There is also a silent majority that agrees with all of your criticism of Trump (always have, check the history), but sees the mob currently in control of major cities and the media to be equally as dangerous, if not more so over the long term.

Do not think that things like what happened in Communist China can't happen here, at least in urban areas. The rest of the population is too heavily armed to allow it to happen. But make no mistake, the test tube for this kind of stuff was on college campuses, and now it's spread to cities. It will be in the suburbs before long, where school kids will have to learn about black lives matter and bend at the knee, a movement that myopically ignores the things that most cause suffering in the black community currently.

Old 06-23-2020, 11:36 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
There’s no evidence that Trump supporters are either silent or a majority.

They are an extremely vocal and agitated minority.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:10 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Idiots? Welcome to the REAL world... Democrats tend to most likely be life's losers.

"An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year. This advantage carries forward for individuals earning up to $50,000 per year, and then turns in the Republicans’ favor — with just 36 percent of individuals earning more than $200,000 per year supporting Democrats.

Interestingly, the median household income in the United States is right near the point where the Democratic advantage disappears and the Republicans take over.

About half of Democrats express satisfaction with their personal financial situation, compared with 61 percent of Republicans and 52 percent of Independents."

Economic Demographics of Democrats
Stats also indicate that the chances of being a democrat increase with each level of education...and those stats are more up to date. Wealthy boomers will die off and income stats will Likely skew more dem over time as well although you never know.
https://www.people-press.org/2018/03...raphic-groups/

That said, I said Trump idiots not Republicans. Trump supporters are the least educated republicans for the most part.

I am the high income person, living in an area with high income people and don’t kid yourself that many of them like Trump...this is the biggest segment of never Trumper republicans around.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:21 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

Where is the "laugh" button ?! This has to be one of the funniest posts I've seen all day. Although , it has been a slow day.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Stats also indicate that the chances of being a democrat increase with each level of education...and those stats are more up to date. Wealthy boomers will die off and income stats will Likely skew more dem over time as well although you never know.

That said, I said Trump idiots not Republicans. Trump supporters are the least educated republicans for the most part.

I am the high income person, living in an area with high income people and don’t kid yourself that many of them like Trump...this is the biggest segment of never Trumper republicans around.
Usually, successful educated individuals don't resort to childish name calling of people that think differently than themselves. You must be the exception...look at that, you and Trump have something in common.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:27 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post

That's an interesting observation that should make you question the actual value of the US post-secondary education system. Why do those with supposedly "more education" actually earn less? Could be they're just cash cows to perpetuate those $350,000 salaries for teaching just one class (cough... Elizabeth Warren) by taking on humongous amounts of student loan debt? You've been played. Democrats are NOT your friend/ally. They treat students like a cash crop.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's an interesting observation that should make you question the actual value of the US post-secondary education system. Why do those with supposedly "more education" actually earn less? Could be they're just cash cows to perpetuate those $350,000 salaries for teaching just one class (cough... Elizabeth Warren) by taking on humongous amounts of student loan debt? You've been played. Democrats are NOT your friend/ally. They treat students like a cash crop.
Spot on ! I couldn't agree more. Although without a degree, those people can't act pretentious and talk down to others, so there is that.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:37 PM

4,503 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

Many people who know me assume I’m a democrat. I keep my ideas to myself to avoid social and professional problems.

I’ve been censored, but there’s not much I can do about it. I enjoy my life and my money, its not worth disrupting things.

The best thing I can do is vote, and I will vote for President Donald Trump.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:38 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,166 times
I think the message the Dems are sending is waning.....I think the riots and protests aren't having much of an impact flipping anyone that was on the fence. I think people are growing tired of the far left agenda and want to keep it at bay. People that I know are Dems are pretty pissed about the riots and trans issues infiltrating elementary schools. The economy has mostly recovered, jobs are coming back for those that want to work....Biden doesn't have a message to vote left at this point. Its all orange man bad and trump is racists. IDK i just dont see Biden that exciting as a candidate and actually doing much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies