Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 05:02 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
Lots of Americans want to be doctors, but how many want to practice in rural areas? How many are willing to go through the grueling years of study and specialize only to go to some podunk town? Medical care will suffer more in rural areas. Foreign doctors have been filling those undesirable positions for a long time.

There’s a reason growing up my father used to joke that no matter where you go in America, there will be always be at least one Indian family around. They’re either the town doctor or own the motel.
Their American born kids are doing that. By the way how about local people of that town becoming town doctor or owning that Motel. Is there a rule that these positions cannot be filled by any citizen ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,904 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Of course he does it now when it is an election year and the economy is in freefall

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
When every U.S. citizen under the age of 60 who has a STEM degree or extensive STEM experience -- and is capable and desirous of employment -- has a good STEM job in the U.S., then I will support U.S. companies hiring non-citizens for these jobs . . . but not until then.
^^^^Exactly!

Old 06-23-2020, 05:06 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I did read what your wrote which is why I asked the questions I did.

You stated "If democrats are so pro education, explain why schools in democrat run cities are in such bad shape" so i'm asking what Republican lead cities have good school systems? Whats unreasonable as you only pointed to the one parties leadership being at fault.

I responded because this is an open forum not a private chat room and I was curious what your answers would be. Your responses are very pointed in where your laying the blame so I am asking where the examples are for the other side.

Your not the first poster who has made these one sided statements and i've asked the same questions before but all I get is crickets
Once again, the poster I responded to was painting all republicans with a broad brush. That's why I responded. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Why aren't you taking that poster to task for making, and I quote you: "one sided statements"? Is it because you agree with him?

Give it a rest.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:08 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Way to paint all republicans with a broad brush.

If democrats are so pro education, explain why schools in democrat run cities are in such bad shape. The irony is that these cities throw lots of money at the schools with nothing to show for it.

If republicans hate education, then explain why there are many successful republican business owners. Also, explain why there are many well educated kids who are raised in republican families.

The Evangelicals are only a small fraction of republicans. Besides, I know an Evangelical family who were republicans. All their kids are college educated---and no, not all of them went to Evangelical colleges.
I have to use a broad brush when 60M voters, to include 80% of the evangelicals, voted for the sick lunatic in the white house.

I'm a Republican but I vote DEM in self defense so the GOP doesn't kill off Medicare and Social Security. When the GOP talks about "Entitlement Reform" it means they intend to do the bidding of the Koch crowd whose sworn goal is to end FDR's "New Deal" (Social Security) and LBJ's "Great Society" (Medicare). This subset of the ultra wealthy have hated social spending since social spending began and want to kill it off.

I'm furious that the GOP of my youth has become the GOP of racism, misogyny, homophobia, anti-science, mass murder by firearms, climate denial, and the whole sick mess of today's politics of hate hate hate. "My GOP" is the GOP of Eisenhower that was for strong defense (including the space race), infrastructure (Interstate Highway System, waterways), education (ending segregation in public schools and colleges) and a level of taxation that paid the bills without deficit spending. THAT is the GOP that we should have and I'm furious that today's GOP is just the damned KKK in drag that seeks to reward the 1% and screw over the rest of us.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:10 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Their American born kids are doing that. By the way how about local people of that town becoming town doctor or owning that Motel. Is there a rule that these positions cannot be filled by any citizen ?
Good luck, most people in small towns aren't smart enough to get through med school

Old 06-23-2020, 05:12 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,458,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I have to use a broad brush when 60M voters, to include 80% of the evangelicals, voted for the sick lunatic in the white house.

I'm a Republican but I vote DEM in self defense so the GOP doesn't kill off Medicare and Social Security. When the GOP talks about "Entitlement Reform" it means they intend to do the bidding of the Koch crowd whose sworn goal is to end FDR's "New Deal" (Social Security) and LBJ's "Great Society" (Medicare). This subset of the ultra wealthy have hated social spending since social spending began and want to kill it off.

I'm furious that the GOP of my youth has become the GOP of racism, misogyny, homophobia, anti-science, mass murder by firearms, climate denial, and the whole sick mess of today's politics of hate hate hate. "My GOP" is the GOP of Eisenhower that was for strong defense (including the space race), infrastructure (Interstate Highway System, waterways), education (ending segregation in public schools and colleges) and a level of taxation that paid the bills without deficit spending. THAT is the GOP that we should have and I'm furious that today's GOP is just the damned KKK in drag that seeks to reward the 1% and screw over the rest of us.

You have (repeatedly) hit the nail right on the head

Old 06-23-2020, 05:18 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Good luck, most people in small towns aren't smart enough to get through med school
Well, they vote for what passes for Republicans these days, they vote for low taxes, and they get what they pay for; poor schools and door-greeter jobs at Wally World. But they got lots of tattoos, guns and bibles -- and lots of whining about how the DEMs are screwing them.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:20 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,348,063 times
Quote:
KKK in drag
Term of the week, right there!

Old 06-23-2020, 05:20 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:

You say the GOP is the KKK in drag.........No your not a Republican,you left a long time ago if ever a member and not an Independent either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies