Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2020, 11:56 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times

Advertisements

Despite all of the recent drama, Western Civilization isn't going anywhere. Statues being torn down is just a minor blip.

Soon we will go back to "normal", hopefully with a useable vaccine for Covid-19.

A decade or two from now there will be another violent outpouring from the still-existing ghettos of America. (You can't legislate intelligence.) Best to move out of the line of fire in advance.

With luck, another deadly virus will not appear for many years, but ultimately it is inevitable.

A big change I hope for is that the two dominant political parties introduce some younger, more vibrant, MODERATE, candidates. The two geezers currently on offer are beyond ridiculous.

Best of luck to all of us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 11:58 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
They were lying in wait for the opportunity, knowing a willing and complicit media was there to help.
Agreed. Not to sound crass but a few recent shootings/killings didn't cause this to erupt; it was bubbling for a long time and it was just a question of when for the far-left.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:01 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Both religion and science are ironically a direct threat to these Marxists

Old 06-23-2020, 12:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I ask this without judgement (I think), I was born into a Jewish family, and while that is closest to my beliefs, I don't really get into organized religion. I'm spiritual, believe in God and all, just not big on the organized part, so here goes:

Since we know Jesus was actually a person of color, do you think that he should be depicted accurately? Or is it better to just leave things like they are, incorrect, but without the hassle of correcting history for the sake of accuracy. I really am asking sincerely, I can see value in answering this many different ways. I don't have a horse in the race, but certainly don't want to see massive unrest while people argue about it.
He most likely looked like a nice Jewish boy. How does that translate to person of color?

His skin may have been darker, but I know Israeli's who don't have dark skin, so who really knows?

Old 06-23-2020, 12:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Some times that is where the best ideas come from --- post 13, putting historical memorabilia on private owned land and/or museums seems like a reasonable solution to me. Do you have one better?

That may be, however, they seem to be applying those principles.

" ... there are no declared leaders or hierarchy of authority ..."

I think those who are opposed to those statues should see to removing them on a local level. If someone never travels to town X and town X has what they deem an offensive statue that nobody in the town has a problem with, why should everything change to suit someone living 250 miles away?

Old 06-23-2020, 12:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Both religion and science are ironically a direct threat to these Marxists
Marxists are immoral and anti-science. What's left?

Old 06-23-2020, 12:47 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Agreed. Not to sound crass but a few recent shootings/killings didn't cause this to erupt; it was bubbling for a long time and it was just a question of when for the far-left.
The 9 minutes of knee on the neck just rubs some people the wrong way for some reason Who knew then that it would lead to the long overdue end of most of that confederate garbage? When you lose NASCAR...

Old 06-23-2020, 12:52 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Did you know that Mohammed owned slaves? Yet the attacks will be on Jesus, who was basically a hippie who preached peace and love.
There are still slave markets in Africa today.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:04 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There are still slave markets in Africa today.
But as long as the slaveholders aren't white, then that's okay.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:14 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Some times that is where the best ideas come from --- post 13, putting historical memorabilia on private owned land and/or museums seems like a reasonable solution to me. Do you have one better?

That may be, however, they seem to be applying those principles.

" ... there are no declared leaders or hierarchy of authority ..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think those who are opposed to those statues should see to removing them on a local level. If someone never travels to town X and town X has what they deem an offensive statue that nobody in the town has a problem with, why should everything change to suit someone living 250 miles away?
Ask the people that lived up North that question, that traveled to Henderson TX to have a Nativity Scene removed. Unfortunately I'm not finding that article that must have happened farther back than I thought, therefore I'm not finding the news on it. I only live 30 minutes from there and I remember reading about it in the local news. However, I"m not sure, but it seems like when they arrived, they found out that the Nativity Scene was on private property, and there wasn't a darn thing they could do about it. That is why I see post #13 as the answer.

Quote:
I think those who are opposed to those statues should see to removing them on a local level.
Those people the statues are to honor are dead; it's not like they here to care if they are still being honored or not. If a person wants to honor them, then live by their example and/or in how they are remembered. If it is forgotten, it would be, because people stopped caring to do, to live by that honor, and to pass down those principles, from one generation to the next.

ISIS and the like, they do a scorched earth and they burn history --- libraries, books, art, etc. Why? Because they are marking their territory and they don't want people remembering how it was, and you'd be surprised what a period of just 20 years makes ... the people do not look to their government to help them, the people hide the memorabilia, they deem important.

In 2020 in the u.s. if the garbage collector doesn't show up to collect their garbage, the people haven't a clue as to how to deal with it. People are too dependent on the City, the State, the local and the federal government to solve their problems and all they know to do is wine about it ... if people in war torn cities of the ME can figure it out, certainly the people in the u.s. can too.

We don't have to hide history and those that care enough to see to it isn't forgotten, will do what needs to be done, so that it isn't. Whatever, that solution may be.

PS: Christ? "Give to Caesar that which is Caesar's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies