Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 03:11 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,779,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
I'm at the other end of the country, but I'm watching in disbelief. I don't want authorities anywhere to let this go on and send a message to every group of people that it's ok. This sort of thing can spread and move to other areas. I don't want it in MY backyard.
That's up to your local and state authorities to handle it.

If you doubt their willingness to do what's right then blame your fellow voters.

Believe me, there are many areas elsewhere where the citizens, elected officials and law enforcement won't tolerate that crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 03:25 PM

11,898 posts, read 6,476,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Look at the bright side: only one person had to die to get her to do the job that she was elected to do and willfully neglected.

That person's family should sue her into the next dimension.
Good one

Old 06-24-2020, 03:30 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,609,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's represented by the far leftist loon Kshama Sawant.
Why isn't she deported yet? How is leading an insurrection and declaring US territory to be property of her leftist militia NOT considered treason and cause for denaturalization???

Old 06-24-2020, 03:35 PM

11,898 posts, read 6,476,849 times
WHEN exactly are they going to start clearing out CHAZ CHOP?

Old 06-24-2020, 03:40 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,862,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
WHEN exactly are they going to start clearing out CHAZ CHOP?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-c...iden-democrats

They've been asked nicely...so let's see if they comply...

Old 06-24-2020, 04:47 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,682,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yep. It was only a matter of time.

If they like the idea of living in an anarchist community, they should ask if they can set one up at an abandoned industrial park. Taking over other peoples property is a big no-no in the minds of 99% of anyone you ask.
I think pretty much everyone is on the same page with this. Trick is, getting Mayor Jenny Durkan on that same page. When she announced they would take down the CHAZ/CHOP it looked like she'd swallowed a rotten plumb. A day after making the announcement, she's not actually doing anything of any real substance. I think she's still waiting on the Summer of Love to materialize.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:58 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,862,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I think pretty much everyone is on the same page with this. Trick is, getting Mayor Jenny Durkan on that same page. When she announced they would take down the CHAZ/CHOP it looked like she'd swallowed a rotten plumb. A day after making the announcement, she's not actually doing anything of any real substance. I think she's still waiting on the Summer of Love to materialize.
See my link above^^^ from today. Includes long tweet from CHOP "leaders" to their "comrades" to peace outta there. Hard to believe Raz will surrender his position readily.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:02 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
She can always hire a private firm like Blackwater to get the job done.
Local blackwater boys chompin at the bit to crack some foo's heads.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:04 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The city of Seattle is on the hook for plenty more than that:
  • Every business in that area has had their operations disrupted and they've been extorted by a terrorist organization. That the mayor of Seattle just gave them over to the terrorists like a gift-wrapped present.
  • Every single one of the 500 or so residents of the area lived in fear for the last few weeks. They have so many valid reasons to sue.
  • The police may have a case as well, as they were (and still are) endangered by the mayor's limitations on allowing them to do the job and uphold the oath they took when they became police officers.
  • Every woman who got raped who will never have any chance at justice -- that is the mayors fault.
  • Everyone who was assaulted, attacked, had their property stolen all have the mayor of Seattle to blame for their troubles.
  • Every bit of graffiti or property destruction -- the blame rests on the Mayor of Seattle.
The CHAZ ain't over yet. The Neo-Marxist soy-fed army of spoiled brats are still out there. They're still walking around with guns and weapons. They still have extremely violent intentions. And the police are still operating under limitations that the mayor saddled them with that will make removing the vermin more difficult than it otherwise would be.

Summer of Love has been canceled, but can Seattle actually remove the CHAZ? Now's the time to call the governor to get the National Guard out there. If that's not enough, swallow your pride and call President Trump.
My money is on the guys with the tanks and water cannons.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:12 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,609,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-c...iden-democrats

They've been asked nicely...so let's see if they comply...
LOL, this is gonna be GREAT! Sounds like the idiocy of replacing cops with social workers

My guess is the mayor is going to look progressively stupid with every passing day of nothing changing and she will resort to bribing them with free abortions and lifetime subscriptions to Soy milk of the week programs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies